Profile for Miss Sc Brown > Reviews

Content by Miss Sc Brown

Miss Sc Brown "Stephiecbrown" (UK)

VEGETARIAN Nosh 4 Students: A Fun Student Cookbook - See Every Recipe in FULL COLOUR. Approved by The VEGETARIAN SOCIETY.
by Joy May

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy, highly recommended!, 6 Nov. 2008
I became a vegetarian in 2007, towards the end of my first year at university. My family were concerned about how I was going to cope with making meals that were nutritious and varied and if I'm being honest, I was a little concerned myself. However, it was something I really wanted to do. Initially it was because meat was expensive to buy and I didn't really like preparing it. I now think that if I was presented with a meat dish I'd be unable to eat it as it has become more of a moral crusade!

This was the first solely vegetarian cookbook I purchased and it's constantly in use. I love the way the recipes are laid out - the star rated difficulty levels, the step by step instructions and especially the photographs of the recipes - if you're not used to cooking you don't necessarily know what the food should look like! I cook for my omnivourous boyfriend regularly and he is always satisfied with the results.

A fantastic book for new students and new vegetarians alike

It's Different for Girls
It's Different for Girls
by Jo Brand

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 15 Feb. 2007
Having enjoyed Jo Brand as a comedian I was very much looking forward to reading this. I felt the blurb was accurate but unfortunately found the novel itself to be somewhat of an anticlimax.

Though I did find myself giggling out loud at times, it simply wasn't the riot I was expecting it to be. It seemed to be chick-lit of the most basic kind, which is great if that's what you're after, but I felt it lacked the dry humour typical of Brand.