Profile for MrA > Reviews

The Establishment: And how they get away with it
The Establishment: And how they get away with it
by Owen Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome book by Owen, 6 Sept. 2014
Another awesome book by Owen. My only wish is that he start his own party or maybe get behind the Greens so that we have a real alternative to get behind to rattle the status quo....

How the World Works
How the World Works
by Noam Chomsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Another blinder from Chomsky, 8 May 2014
This review is from: How the World Works (Paperback)
Everyone should read this book, yeah some if it seems a bit dated but you have know what happened then to understand what is happening now. It can be a bit depressing at times and one does feel a little helpless but he does offer solutions that each of us need to take, put down the TV remote and learn about the world we live in.

THREE PACKS of Tick Tock Organic Green Tea 40 Bag
THREE PACKS of Tick Tock Organic Green Tea 40 Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars The beast green tea!, 10 Mar. 2013
I have no idea why my local supermarkets have stopped selling this tea; it is so much better than the 'popular' brands. I don't drink any other tea - this really is the best green tea I've tried other than a few really expensive speciality teas which unless I win the lottery I won't be drinking in place of Tick Tock Green. Thank you Amazon for selling this!

Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class
Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class
by Owen Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 10 Mar. 2013
For anyone like me who lived through Thatcher's years but was too young to really appreciate what was going on this is an excellent read. Offers real solutions also so it's not just a whine at the Tories. I think Owen should start his own political party to represent real people in politics again. I'd vote for him!

The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
by Sam Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars Starts well but this man is Crazy!, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought this book following seeing some excellent Sam Harris videos on YouTube and just from picking up he was part of the modern Atheist movement. The books starts really well but when you get to around chapter 4 or 5, Sam's views on Israel and the current interventions of America come out. Sam appears totally pro-war, his views on Israel are shocking, one line about how 'no neighbours could be as tolerant as the Israeli's have been about Palestinians' I found totally bemusing. He denounces Chomsky for stating America operates like a terrorist state and then goes on to detail a range of atrocities commited by the Americans. This book feels like an argument for war with any under developed nation.

I have read Dawkins & Hitchens and Sam should not be put in the same category at all. I would go as far as to say I hate this book and feel totally embarrassed for endorsing Sam Harris as a rational thinker. This book is for Atheists who watch Fox News - avoid at all costs!