Profile for llendorin > Reviews

Keela Munro Jacket
Keela Munro Jacket
Price: 127.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, but warm., 17 Aug 2010
I bought a Keela Munro jacket a couple of months ago, and it's been the jacket of choice for me ever since (I'd rather use the Munro than my Gore-Tex jacket)

The jacket is very well built and the waterproofing is brilliant. The pockets are all well placed and of a good size.
The jacket is breathable, and the addition of pit zips does help with this, however, the reason why it only gets 4 stars is due to the weight of the jacket. It is a heavy jacket, and I find that it's just a bit too overkill for the summer months. It doesn't matter how well ventilated it is... you're gonna get hot inside this jacket!

However, for the other 3 seasons of the year, I suspect this will be the perfect jacket. It performs exceptionally well in the wet.

Berghaus Men's Explorer Ridge Hiking Boot
Berghaus Men's Explorer Ridge Hiking Boot
Price: 76.86 - 135.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor longevity, 16 Aug 2010
I bought these boots less than a year ago, for general walking, with the occasional hill. As a warden on a nature reserve, the need for good quality, waterproof boots is pretty high.
At first, these boots were excellent. Extremely comfortable and waterproof, right out of the box.

However, after a few months I noticed that the soles were wearing thin... seriously. There's so little tread left, you wouldn't believe. The soles definitely do not have the wear that you'd have from a Vibram sole.

Also, the leather on my boots has now split, where the boots flex, rending them useless.

I would have expected more from a name like Berghaus. For the prices you pay, you'd expect your boots to last for more than 10 months.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 10:08 PM GMT