Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Leftovers
Leftovers
by Stella Newman

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Leftovers (Paperback)
Very true to life as anyone who has ever been in a similar position will know. The novel moves quite slowly and there's not a great deal of action, but this is perfect for the style of novel - the loneliness even when amongst people that the main character has because she can't let go of her feelings for her ex and wants to leave her crummy job even though she's scared. Hasn't everyone felt like this at some point in their lives? If you liked this and haven't yet read Pear Shaped, then immediately do so!!!

WOMENS Pink Victoria's Secret MLB New York Yankees V-Neck T Shirt (Size: S)
WOMENS Pink Victoria's Secret MLB New York Yankees V-Neck T Shirt (Size: S)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 5 Jan 2014
Well fitted, great value - would definitely recommend. Fitted really well with a lovely shape.cant say any more other than that!!

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Jenny Colgan does it again, 5 Jan 2014
I'm beginning to feel as though no-one does it quite so well as Jenny Colgan. I have read every single book of hers and I haven't been disappointed yet. At first, I thought I wouldn't take to this novel. It started off well, then a couple of chapters in, my attention started to wander. But then, in true Jenny Colgan style, my interest came back ten fold. What a lovely story! And yes, at the end, I did cry....but it was worth it :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 12:55 AM GMT

Sparkles
Sparkles
by Louise Bagshawe

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sparkles (Paperback)
I love Louise Bagshawe and have read all of her novels, but this one was awful. The characters were unbelievable and the plot lines thin and utterly ridiculous. I do not understand how anyone could give this more than 1 star, let alone 5! I struggled to get to the end - most of it made no sense! Please can ms Bagshawe get back to her finest - Tall Poppies, Career Girls etc?? So disappointed!

Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Girls - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Lena Dunham

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 11 Dec 2013
This series is so, so much better than the first. The characters really come alive and have to deal with their difficult personal issues. I particularly found the character of Hannah going through her meltdown really upsetting and very true to life. The series also shows Marnie dealing with the fallout of her break up with Charlie, Soshanna's new found sexual awakening and Jessa's quickly disintegrating marriage. Great acting from all of the cast and a brilliant script. Can't wait for series 3!!!

Ketchup Clouds
Ketchup Clouds
by Annabel Pitcher

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ketchup Clouds (Paperback)
I bought this book because it had won or been nominated for various awards and so I thought it was going to be something special. However I found that I didn't warm to any of the characters and didn't really care what happened to any of them, especially not the character who died. All of the outpourings of guilt and build up to what was essentially a stupid drunken accident did not make for an interesting ending and I was left feeling pretty depressed and deflated by the end. I also did not like the narrative style and the flippant way that some of the issues were treated, and I definitely didn't feel that there was much a romance between any of the characters. Maybe I feel this way because one of my friends died when I was the same age as the characters in this book and I remember it vividly, with a lot more emotion.

Love, Wedding, Marriage [DVD]
Love, Wedding, Marriage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mandy Moore
Offered by WorldCinema

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok-ish, 3 Nov 2013
I'm a fan of rom coms but this one just didn't really hit the right note. I thought the film was quite well acted with a couple of decent stars, but the storyline was weak and quite boring.

The Wrong Mans [DVD]
The Wrong Mans [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Corden

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
Loved it loved it loved!! If you haven't seen this already, order it now! One of the best series I have ever seen on TV, with just the right amount of comedy and black humour. This is James Corden at his best and Matthew Baynton is just fab as the lowly Town Planning Officer. Dawn French and Emilia Fox also excellent, as always.

The Guest List
The Guest List
by Melissa Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a holiday read, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Guest List (Paperback)
Good for a holiday read, quite a light story with a few twists and turns and some well drawn interesting characters. Perfect for a rainy weekend!

Something Blue
Something Blue
by Emily Giffin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
This is a must-read if you have already read Something Borrowed by the same author. If you haven't read either, buy both books together as this really needs to be read as a sequel. Loved the character of Darcy, a high maintenance pain in the neck to all and sundry, it takes a pregnancy and a trip to London to discover her true self... Very good read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13