Profile for CouncillorGed > Reviews

CouncillorGed

Blues Funeral
Blues Funeral

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Solo Album to Date, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
I'll come clean I'm a massive Mark Lanegan Fan. I own everything Mark Lanegan has ever released Screaming Trees, QOTSA, Soul Savers, Isobel Campbell. This is the best thing he has released to date.

Lanegan has always struggled to grow beyond his Core Audience and let me be the first to admit that would be pretty hard to define - I've never really understood where Grunge, Rythmn and Blues, Avante Garde Heavy Metal, Pyschaedelic Blues and Harmonious BlueGrass meet and cross over - the musical map is complex to imagine - a bit like trying to describe Lanegan's Music at times.

I hate the phrases accessible or commercial but this really deserves the maximum amount of airplay possible.

Long-time fans won't be disappointed and will be genuinely pleased and surprised. This is a great uplifting listen which got me on first play not the usual Lanegan grower.

Don't take my word for it. Go and Buy It! You never know Langen might just achieve the massive commercial success he richly deserves this time round.