Profile for Lynn Zimmer > Reviews

Content by Lynn Zimmer

Lynn Zimmer "cd-addict" (Chicago)

Holy Ghosts (Orchestral Reworks from Union Chapel / Pro Patria Mori)
Holy Ghosts (Orchestral Reworks from Union Chapel / Pro Patria Mori)
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great "Deluxe" McCulloch/Edsel Release, 18 April 2013
So I missed out on the whole PledgeMusic thing and didn't purchase "Pro Patria Mori" or "Live at Liverpool Anglican Cathedral" via that arrangement. I'm not terribly upset as this "Holy Ghost" two disc serves nicely to give me the studio "Pro Patria Mori" disc AND an altogether different live performance on the second disc named "Orchestral Reworks from The Union Chapel". It's this live CD that's caused some confusion and had left me wondering if it was the same show with an alternate track list, edited time(s), etc. It is, in fact, not the same. "Orchestral Reworks" times in at 59.5 minutes w/15 tracks while "Liverpool Anglican Cathedral" runs 80 minutes with 19 tracks. They are both great in their own right. I prefer the "...Reworks" track listing but favor the more lively setting (clearly audible) within "...Liverpool". Just to be perfectly clear, if it wasn't obvious already, I bought both and couldn't be happier. Nice job Mr. McCulloch and please do come back to Chicago sometime very soon (I'm still suffering from the March 2012 postponed/cancelled show).

Enslaved [Special Edition]
Enslaved [Special Edition]
Price: 9.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonus Tracks needed for EVERYONE, 19 Mar 2012
First off, there isn't any band Max currently belongs in or belonged in that I'm not a huge fan of. That said, I believe this to be one of the best Soulfly titles to date. I ordered it via Amazon UK for the bonus tracks (not available in the U.S. where I reside). Compliments to Amazon UK for getting this to me so quickly but it's still disappointing that Soulfly didn't make bonus tracks available in every format to all countries. Japan, has it's own special bonus track as well (Downstroy [Live in Poland]) along with two of the three here [Slave and Soulfly VIII]. I just hope there isn't a re-release pending with even more tracks and the ever-so-popular live DVD - although I'll be first in line to re-purchase it. Oh well...back to the primitive!Enslaved (Special Edition)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 12:17 AM GMT