Profile for Rosanna > Reviews

Rosanna

Corelle Shadow Iris Square 16pc Dinner Set
Corelle Shadow Iris Square 16pc Dinner Set

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB QUALITY TABLEWARE, 25 July 2015
Quality tableware with a lovely but simple design. I've bought mine for using in my motorhome and it's ideal. Like the choice of sqare plates for a change. The only problem is that there are so many lovely designs to choose from. I would highly recommend Corelle to anyone.

The Cranky Old Chef
The Cranky Old Chef

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!, 24 Jun. 2014
Loved this book, great characters, shrewd observations and wonderful sense of humour, unless you're the easily offended type of course. I love a book where you feel you're the fly on the wall and are left wanting more and this book certainly delivers on both counts. More power to Mr Mitchell's pen!!

The Politics of Washing: Real Life in Venice
The Politics of Washing: Real Life in Venice

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 26 Oct. 2013
*If you've ever visited Venice read this and I'll guarantee you'll have a very different outlook by the time you finish it.

For example,cruise ships - my first and so far only visit to Venice was to join a cruise ship. Spent a few days in Venice at beginning and end of holiday before sailing in and out of this magical city on one of the huge floating cities mentioned by Polly Coles. Without spoiling the book for you all I can say is that the author has certainly succeeded in making me think about the effect such huge ships have on this ethereal place.

For anyone who knows Venice or is yet to visit please read this book as it gets under your skin and more than any book I've read in years has made me think, question and consider. And more than anything it gives you the real Venice as experienced by those who live and work there - a real joy to read.

Lonely Planet Czech & Slovak Republics (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Czech & Slovak Republics (Travel Guide)

4.0 out of 5 stars September in Slovakia, 26 Oct. 2013
Visited Slovakia for first time this September (2013) and found this a very useful book to give basic info about country. Although we were visiting friends there this book was a good read before travelling. However it didn't follow what I would have thought was a logical geographic journey and I found myself switching backwards and forwards from one area to another - once I'd found the information though it was very accurate and I particularly like the fact these books are written by people who know the country intimately. I had both the hard copy and the Kindle copy and the fact I can't wait to go back to Slovakia, in great part fuelled by what I read in this book, speaks for itself. Slovakia is a fascinating and friendly country and this guide whets the appetite - and yes the garlic soup and smoked sheeps cheese etc etc are as sublime as described!!

It Started With An Ouzo
It Started With An Ouzo

4.0 out of 5 stars ..............and continued with several more!!!, 26 Oct. 2013
What caught my eye to start with was the author's "Greekified" name, brilliant and just my kind of humour :-)) And the book didn't disappoint - a good, honest account of all the highs and lows of moving to a foreign country all delivered with insight into the local culture. Especially liked the tips for excess luggage and the rapport built up with the car hire desk. Fun without being patronising and a wonderful introduction to a part of Greece I knew nothing about. It's left me with a real wish to visit the area and see it for myself. Thoroughly recommend this as a read for anytime and a great gift.