Profile for Julie Cutler > Reviews

Content by Julie Cutler
Top Reviewer Ranking: 404

Julie Cutler (Warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise 180 NAIL ASSORTMENT PACK (4000) 18G
Tacwise 180 NAIL ASSORTMENT PACK (4000) 18G

5.0 out of 5 stars brill nail assortment, 18 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well these are nails. They fit in a variety of nail or staple guns which should be used for wood only (masonry could hurt apparently). Saves cursing as you tip out all the panel pins from a pack on the floor, and pained fingers from hammer hits. Should keep me going for a while

BLACK+DECKER 21.6V Hand Vac + Floor Extension with ORA Technology, White
BLACK+DECKER 21.6V Hand Vac + Floor Extension with ORA Technology, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit heavy, 17 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although this is not bad as a cleaner, it is very heavy and unbalanced( lots of aluminium alloy in its construction). the crevice tool doesn't have an extension to reach into small crevices like down the sides of car seats. A telescopic tube would have been nicer and it seems easy to lose one of the brush headers. Otherwise it is reasonably good at getting down the sides of skirting boards and some areas between cupboards. Emptying is easy, with the filters on opposite sides of the unit body.

Belkin BSV804 8 Way 2m Surge Protection Strip with 2 x 2.4A Shared USB Charging
Belkin BSV804 8 Way 2m Surge Protection Strip with 2 x 2.4A Shared USB Charging
Offered by BESTBUYIT

3.0 out of 5 stars unhappy with quality, 15 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I would normally buy Belkin products for preference, we could clearly hear something loose moving within the board itself.. Since I blew up a second plugboard when I plugged a dodgy board into the same double socket, I am unwilling to risk my sensitive electronic equipment by giving this board a test. You only get one USB socket in reality as it only produces sufficient amps across the pair to charge one greedy Apple device. Previous versions of this board had a rotating socket, which was useful for overlarge transformer plugs. This doesn't.

Belkin 1.2 m Lightning-to-USB Braided Tangle Free Cable with Aluminium Connectors for iPad, iPod, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6 & 6 Plus - Gold (MFI Approved)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good tough cable, 9 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't know if this is totally subjective, but braided cable looks tougher than the default Apple cable. I'd only consider buying pure Apple or Belkin cables (I've got stung before on tat).

this has a gold effect colour- not so bothered about that but pleasant enough. Works well.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars For any useful application you really need foolscap for business storage, 8 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A4 suspension files are not my storage of choice. For any useful application you really need foolscap for business storage. However some desk furniture is made with smaller A4 sizes in mind. These are rather flimsy versions and the thin plastic cover for the label is easily dislodged.

Rotastak Small Animal Housing Natro 200, Green
Rotastak Small Animal Housing Natro 200, Green
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly terrible when other Rotastak cages are great, 5 Dec 2014
Normally I am an ardent Rotastak fan. Despite its quirks of assembly, the cages can be put together safely and easily with practice. The hamsters love em. This design however is atrocious and the folk in Nottingham should be thoroughly ashamed. The clips for the edges barely hold together. And the clips that hold the wire cage to the base don't actually fit between the bars. They are going to fail. The hamster house is a joke....A Syrian wouldn't fit in it past four or five weeks (yes I have raised an unexpected brood from pups).

I just wanted it for a 12" flying saucer room off the main cage run (conventional 6 piece assemblage of cages plus tunnels). However it would be terrible as a main cage....far too draughty and access from the top only. Hamsters HATE been handled from the top...to them you are a nasty eagle (or combine harvester) and they will go on their back and bare their teeth. Utterly utterly bad. It's going back.

MADAME LA LA Tan 200 ml
MADAME LA LA Tan 200 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 3 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In my vast inexperience of fake tans, this seems quite a good product- it's a foaming mousse. It directs you to exfoliate first - otherwise the moisture in the muddy cream rubs off bits of loose skin. Using a disposable glove so you don't over brown your hands seems a very good idea. Smells of coconut, needs to be applied carefully so that you don't over fake tan areas. Seems to leach off your hands quick due to handwashing. Not bad at all for someone who is pasty white to look a little less like an LA vampire.

Marketing CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing: Official Module Guide
Marketing CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing: Official Module Guide
by The Chartered Institute of Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential short version of the course, 25 Nov 2014
Theoretical marketing, based on my relatively short acquaintance, consists of memorizing weird acronyms and lists of concepts all starting with the same letter. This book is designed for the new 2014 course and multichoice exam. It's short (126 pages) and thankfully I paid for it as part of the classroom based course I'm doing (it appeared on the second session).

It may look a bit dull (no pretty pictures), and overpriced, but it'll sort out your MOST from your SOSTAC and theoretically give you everything that will be part of the exam. If you are studying online I would heavily advise that you get this book, despite the painful price.

It does contain sample multichoice questions to reassure you (the usual nasty catch out type). I'm rereading it repeatedly at the moment to insert it into my noggin for next week's exam.

I'll know in February 2015 when the exam results come out if this fully worked!

Always Discreet Medium Incontinence Pants - Pack of 96
Always Discreet Medium Incontinence Pants - Pack of 96

4.0 out of 5 stars faiirly good.but hate the scent, 25 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I normally use mini Tena pads, when grabbing some free disposable knickers I went for the medium, while really needing the large for my size 18 bottom. The only issue is a slight tightness around the leg, relieved with a quick scissor snip through the elastic. Otherwise they fairly comfy. I just don't like the scent. I may be getting more sensitive to smells as we've gone fragrance free on laundry liquid to try to reduce my other half's medication induced skin itching. I just find all pervading indefinite scents a bit nauseating and I find some shower gels cause me irritation, so I'm not so happy at the lack of choice..

I wouldn't normally want to increase the amount of waste I generate, and this is a fair bit. In the middle of a laundry crisis a pack may help.Unlike pads they don't come individually wrapped so it would be difficult to carry a spare pair with you for a major sneezing emergency. Really it's just reminded me that I should be taking more effort to lose weight and to start pelvic floor exercises again (ah the muscle sheet you never knew you had).

A Hard Day [DVD]
A Hard Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seon-gyun Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars didn't thrill me, 10 Nov 2014
This review is from: A Hard Day [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it's good, South Korean cinema is brilliant. Although this has the shrug your shoulders moral ambivalence of the greats, ultimately I got bored quickly. The hero (the cop who thinks he's run over someone on the way home) and his family just don't grab me. Ho hum wait until someone called Park turns up (it's one of the most common name........not to me one of the stunners. Actually this would be IMPROVED by a Hollywood reshooting, but they only mangle the gooduns.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20