Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 406

Amazon Customer (Warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Exploring Lego Mindstorms EV3: Tools and Techniques for Building and Programming Robots
by Eun Jung Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly good book to read before you buy the kit, 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This seems to be a thorough book on programming the latest kit from Lego Mindstorms. I was eager to evaluate Mindstorms before getting the sets, and Ms Park's projects certainly inspire me to have a go. I used to play with the early Lego motors as a kid in the 70s, mostly building up locomotives and the odd tank (before they got all swish). Wow, this would have made it way more fun. It relies on a graphical programming language like LabView or ladder logic for PLCs (not that I'm skilled in either). Personally, the spy rabbit looks like fun.

Leitz Style 40 Pocket Display Book - Garnet Red
Leitz Style 40 Pocket Display Book - Garnet Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Stationery, 18 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not so keen on the colour which is a dull red- I suppose it sort of approximates garnet. Pockets are as usual and it has a non replaceable label on the spine. always useful to have around

Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem [DVD]
Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronit Elkabetz

4.0 out of 5 stars I can't tell if this is bad writing or the accurate reflection of a numbingly patronising ..., 14 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't tell if this is bad writing or the accurate reflection of a numbingly patronising society. I remember a ? Channel 4 documentary of note - divorce Iranian style, featuring a feisty14 year old firmly trouncing her imposed elderly husband, some 1 or so years ago. This film is full of apologist neighbours and rabbis questioning indirectly the size of any gentleman's parts. It's a film from which I bailed out less than half way through, feeling like I was two hours in. It was an education. It had some pointed directional shots. No more, thanks.

A Hard Day [DVD]
A Hard Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seon-gyun Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars didn't thrill me, 10 Nov 2014
This review is from: A Hard Day [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it's good, South Korean cinema is brilliant. Although this has the shrug your shoulders moral ambivalence of the greats, ultimately I got bored quickly. The hero (the cop who thinks he's run over someone on the way home) and his family just don't grab me. Ho hum wait until someone called Park turns up (it's one of the most common name........not to me one of the stunners. Actually this would be IMPROVED by a Hollywood reshooting, but they only mangle the gooduns.

Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

3.0 out of 5 stars unimpressed, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having used the fatter models with bigger batteries for many years, I was very disappointed in the low power of this item. Maybe it's slim handle would be suitable for a small child with few teeth, but I feel that even a normal unpowered toothbrush would do a better job.

Leitz WOW 1005 180 Degree A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue
Leitz WOW 1005 180 Degree A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars description?, 1 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although this is a well made A4 binder that comes packed in its own wedge shaped cardboard box, it is not particularly distinguished in style. It has a plain blue surface (the picture demonstrates light reflection). I cannot see how it can be described as metallic.

Life, Love and the Archers: Recollections, Reviews and Other Prose
Life, Love and the Archers: Recollections, Reviews and Other Prose
by Wendy Cope

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to dip into, but angst amid the smiles, 31 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wendy cope writes thin books of poems which are deliciously short and insightful. This is a looooooong book of essays about her life and thoughts. The essays are short, but in some ways disturbingly painful. It's a little disturbing to find someone whom you admire as being seemingly so screwed up by her past.

However, you have to admire 'Admittedly we did miss the great drama in 1955 when Grace Archer was burnt to death in an attempt to distract attention from the opening of ITV' and 'When Nigel fell off the roof, I was sure he would survive, perhaps in a wheelchair. Then there would be plenty of dramatic mileage in his struggle to come to terms with his terrible injuries. But no,. He was dead and there was nothing anyone could do about it.......I hope he (Graham Seed, the actor) will become so rich and famous and sought-after that Vanessa Whitburn will rue the day she deprived him of his employment.'

I'm not spoiling it by reading through the lot at once, I'm dipping. This was a flavour

Dettol Anti Bacterial Surface Cleansing Family Pack (Pack of 216)
Dettol Anti Bacterial Surface Cleansing Family Pack (Pack of 216)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big packs for protection against bacteria and viruses, 29 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A three pack of a large pack of wipes (5cm depth) promising destruction to disease causing nasties. Personally I found that our occasional stomach upsets reduced dramatically in frequency when I abandoned cleaning cloths and switched to kitchen towel. It's a bit painful in cost, but it helped. However without getting compulsive obsessive paranoia, there are a lot of irritating diseases such as stomach bugs and cold like viruses with headaches that do the rounds of the Technology Park where I work. I'll see if wiping up handles, kettle handles and surfaces with these wipes give us better overall health. As well due to the generosity of the packs I can do an easy disinfecting of worksurfaces, after I've cleaned them with kitchen towel. I find I don't tend to use the spray bottles of antibacterial spray quite as much.

The smell is not unpleasant. I would dispose of them in a bit as their thickness could block toilet drains. Here's to a healthier winter.

PaperPro Eco Stapler 1716 Desktop model with One Finger Stapling Power, 20 Sheets (Sand)

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth action, 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a stapler this is actually surprisingly easy to operate, with a light smooth action. On this review programme I have been testing several staplers (for instance Rapesco) and at the moment this is far better as a unit. Takes 26/6 size and only comes with two strips.

I'm not particularly stunned by the eco claims.... someone in the marketing department doing a PESTELE analysis and being all ethical and environmental is as useless as the portion of butter I opened yesterday which had 'allergy advice, contains milk' on the packet.

So despite this it staples smoothly

Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023
Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy very pink, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well let's say that in the flesh it's VERY PINK. It folds down completely flat. The sides pop into the ends with one stud (as seen in the picture). You then fold over a small flap at each end, pop two more studs closed and that's it. It's very sturdy.The size is 26x34cm internally- really far bigger than A4.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20