Profile for Julie Cutler > Reviews

Content by Julie Cutler
Top Reviewer Ranking: 367

Julie Cutler
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Brand Famous: How to Get Everyone Talking About Your Business
Brand Famous: How to Get Everyone Talking About Your Business
by Linzi Boyd
Price: 10.49

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I just couldn't get into this book

Breaking Big: The Business Doctors' No-Nonsense Guide to Achieving Breakthrough Growth for Your Business
by The Business Doctors
Price: 9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ultimately this may be a book that would appeal if you like the style. I just found it full of blah blah with little insight to grab my attention

The Social Media MBA Guide to ROI: How to Measure and Improve Your Return on Investment
by Christer Holloman
Price: 13.59

3.0 out of 5 stars hashtag fail, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was not really enjoying the style of this book, designed for business use of social media, which seemed to be chirpily jumping around everywhere without saying anything profound.

Then I got to page 32: "Getting started on Facebook simply requires you to create a page taking your own brand style into consideration"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Getting started on Facebook 101. You must according to the Facebook terms and conditions create a personal account as a real individual. You can then set up a business page (and can share the admin rights with other individuals). If you directly set up JUST a business page, Facebook will happily come along one day and delete your page, and there will be nothing you can do about it. See what that does to your ROI then.

I didn't see very much sense in the Bulmers case study. A statistically unrepresentative set of fans of Bulmers spend a bit more on Bulmers a year than non fans. They may tell their friends about it. Doesn't mean that their friends won't keep drinking Kopparberg though.

Gave up as I felt I didn't want to be mislead on the things I didn't know.

Business Networking For Dummies(R) (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance))
Business Networking For Dummies(R) (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance))
by Stefan Thomas
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars ace, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to get back into networking. Personally I am shy and don't find it easy. So far this is impressive, it's written by a shy slightly rebellious questioning person, who learned how to network, and seemingly network well. It's full of good advice about not expecting too much too soon, take it methodically, but get out there. I wish I'd had this book 20 years ago.

Also I haven't read a good for dummies book for a while, so I'm very impressed that this one stands out from the shelf in style and content.

Tacwise 180/15MM 18G Nails (2000)
Tacwise 180/15MM 18G Nails (2000)
Price: 6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars somthing I wish I'd had for years, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Where have you been all my life, panel pins in a glued strip? Many is the aching finger, dinged by a panel hammer in the act of tacking on wobbly hardboard to another self assembly unit. Although it takes a bit of getting your eye in, to line them up precisely, and lining them on the correct side of the stapler, squeeze the trigger and they are in. Luxury.

Living World Green Smart Toy Sliding Game for Hamsters/ Mice/ Gerbils, Small
Living World Green Smart Toy Sliding Game for Hamsters/ Mice/ Gerbils, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Hamster seal of approval, 2 Sep 2014
Isabella, beloved Syrian Hamster, finds no difficulty manipulating the sliding section to remove sunflower seeds. The lidded bit is more tricky for her and I usually have to jam it open a little. Her son, Aleppo, is less interested (more into having fun climbing than gathering food). It has certainly had its use in a short space of time.

Tacwise A54 Hammer Tacker Bundle with 140/10mm Stainless Steel Staples
Tacwise A54 Hammer Tacker Bundle with 140/10mm Stainless Steel Staples
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 29 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A sturdy item, which you use with a hammer action to whack in self loading heavy duty staples. It takes a while to get used to, with a few misfires to start with, and you would have to carry around the box of staples to reload because of all the waste. It saves your fingers from getting whacked and is more efficient than hand tacks and a hammer. Painfully pricey though for just occasional jobs. I prefer another product from this company - a slightly more delicate looking stapler gun, as that fired the same staples every time.

Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)
Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)
Price: 3.38

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good quality heavy duty staples for use in a stapling gun or a more heavy duty hammer like thing, by the same company. Hours of enjoyment!. Make sure you have something to remove misfires though.

AEG AG3013 Ergorapido Li-ion Tungsten Metallic 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 18 V
Offered by Bright Sparks Store
Price: 200.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, some annoyances for me, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
it is a brilliant idea- a hand vacuum cleaner which inserts into a handle (with a second switch near the top). No more needless bending over unless you have to. It's light and manoeuvrable with a bright array of led lights in the head. I find it a little skittish around the bottom joint when I am moving it- something to get used to. There's also a low power switch for those awkward fabric moments and what looks to be finally a crevice tool which will actually fit into a crevice such as the sides of car seats. and a Li-ion battery!

What I didn't like about it was the need for a separate charging station. Oh designers, what the world doesn't need is another annoying piece of ugly plastic. I prefer a straight plug in to charge. I also had issues with fitting the top handle (space means of course that it comes in two parts. You have to remove a hefty screw in bolt then carefully thread the power cord up the handle and slide the handle back on and refit the bolt. In theory! In practice I had to slam the bottom of the handle against the floor to get it to fit on fully. And for the life of me I couldn't get the bolt to catch on the screw thread. I doubt it will actually come apart, but the bolt will be long gone if it ever does.

Ultranatura Burger Press Patty
Ultranatura Burger Press Patty
Price: 12.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit of an experimental disaster, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Be patient with me, gentle reader. Yes I know conventionally this is intended to form circles of minced up moocow. It was free, I took a chance. It didn't work for mashed up freshly cooked haricot beans with fine onion, tomato puree, ground almonds particularly well. I have no idea if shredded moo works better.

However, Firstly a four inch plus diameter is HUGE. It's made from aluminium but has that expensive anodised look, like posh cookery series cake tins. If so, you have to wash it up by hand as the dishwasher will rip off the shiny non stick coating. It has ridges inside the base and pressing lid to mark your burgers, so you can't really line it. It comes with a piece of paper that says it has a two year guarantee.......nothing else.....no how to use it. I managed to flip out the two burgers separately into a frying pan, but one twisted badly and had to be reshaped. (Again, I don't know if a stunt minced moocow would be more acrobatic). For me the whole design is mystifying....and I don't like my food that big either. Obviously the other reviewers see something I don't.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2014 10:33 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20