Profile for AJE > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Yousave Accessories PU Leather Flip Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 930 - Black
Yousave Accessories PU Leather Flip Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 930 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but not great., 4 Sep 2014
The phone doesn't seem to fully sit in the plastic holder - the phone is very slightly raised along the right edge. Also, it is not very easy to access the phone buttons when in the case - so volume adjustment and taking photos using the camera button are not easy.

In it's favour is that it looks smart - if you want your phone to blend in with your wallet and other accessories that go with your suit.

(Black) Nokia Lumia 930 Case Brand New Protective 3 Slots Credit / Debit Card Leather Stand Style Wallet Cover Including Retractable Touch Screen Stylus Pen & LCD Touch Screen Protector Guard By Fone-Case
Offered by Fone-Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile - plastic bracket snapped., 3 Sep 2014
Everything was fine. I liked the case - it protected my L930 well and looked pretty smart. I could even keep it in the case while charging (though I am not sure whether this had an effect on charging-efficiency).

But, after barely two weeks, part of the plastic bracket that secures the phone snapped thus less-able to secure the phone. I have not used it since.

MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For Samsung Apple HTC Nokia Blackberry Motorola Sony Ericsson LG iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 5 5S 6 Galaxy Note 2 3 II Galaxy S3 S4 IV i9300 i9500 i9200 i9100 HTC One X+ The New Droid RAZR Blackberry Q10 Z10 9700 9900 Sony Xperia Z L T LG Optimus Nokia Lumia 920 820 Google Nexus 4
Offered by Go4More

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, very secure and universal - but not perfect., 10 Aug 2014
This car mount grips both the windscreen and the phone very securely indeed and has the advantage that it can be used by any number of phones of different sizes.
However, compared to some others I have used, it is a bit more of an effort to position and remove the phone. With my Lumia 930 I have to make sure that the arms of the car mount are not pressing on any of the buttons (and there is not much of a leeway here) and securing and removing the phone is definitely a two-handed operation.

ONX3® Nokia Lumia 930 S Line Hydro Wave Gel Case Skin Cover + LCD Screen Protector Guard - Various Colours (Green)
Offered by ONX3

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, snugly-fitting, grippy case., 10 Aug 2014
This case fits the Lumia 930 very snugly without adding any noticeable size, and yet is flexible enough so that it can be fitted without any problems. I find that it makes holding the phone securely much easier and does provide extra protection should you drop the phone.
All the holes for speaker, mics, camera, etc., are precisely in the right place and I find no problem in operating the buttons on the right hand side.
For £2.99 I cannot find much to fault this case. However, be aware that, to varying degrees, all the case material is translucent; so a green case does not make a black phone look as green as the phot might suggest. For me, however, this is not an issue.

Nokia DT-901 Wireless Charging Pillow for Lumia 820/920/925/930/1020/1520 by Fatboy - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Check fluctuating prices - it's great, but only when on sale!, 25 July 2014
I was lucky! I bought this product when it was greatly reduced in price; in fact, it was cheaper than the DT-900 in black. Otherwise, there is no way I would have bought it.

The charging pillow is, as I am sure that you are aware, no more than a DT-900 inserted into a pillow. The advantages are that the phone does not overhang the pillow, is less likely to become dislodged and is easier to position correctly. In these regards the pillow is great and superior to just about any other wireless charger.

But I would be unlikely to pay full price for it and would not have bought the blue one had it not been for the fact that it was so greatly reduced. I use the pillow in the living room but a more compact charger in the study and at work.

The convenience of wireless charging of your mobile cannot be exaggerated. It is simple to pop down for a quick top-up when it is not being used and puts no strain on the micro-USB port (I know several people whose phones became unusable/unchargeable because of the accumulated damage done to the micro-USB port on the phone due to repeated insertion and removal of the cable). If your phone has wireless charging built in, or has an available clip-on wireless-charging case, then DO make use of this facility. And, if you can get the Fatboy pillow at a decent price then it's worth it. (The five stars I have awarded reflect the price reduction - at full price I would give only 3 stars.)

Various Artists - The Late Late Show Tribute to The Dubliners
Various Artists - The Late Late Show Tribute to The Dubliners
Offered by mmglobal3

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memory lane!, 4 April 2013
I used to have a VHS copy of this landmark show but a (former) friend borrowed it and I didn't get it back.

When I received the DVD through the post I was a little concerned at first as the cover was not very professionally produced; it looked a little like a bootleg cover. However, I concluded that the the photos on the cover were taken from the disc which is of a programme that's over 25 years old and most certainly not HD.

This version has a number of changes from my old VHS copy. Most immediately noticed is that it's been cropped to make it widescreen. This was done well and nothing was obviously lost as a result and it does look better filling my TV screen. There are one or two extra contributions from members of the audience who knew the Dubliners over the years; some were funny though some cringe-inducing. I'm sure my VHS copy did not have the Fureys singing centre-stage, by themselves. Finally, the editors did Christie Moore a favour by editing out his false start to the tribute to Luke Kelly, as he'd either not learnt it or had been too eagerly accepting the free gifts from "Uncle Arthur".

It has to be said that Irish TV in the late 80s was not very sophisticated but this is a wonderful keepsake of a wonderful band that were a little past their best by this time but were still great craic and entertainment.

Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black
Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended!!, 18 Oct 2012
I had the previous iteration of this Dualit coffee grinder and it provided many years of good, and fairly heavy, domestic service. So when it finally gave up the ghost I was not surprised that my research led me to the latest incarnation which has several tweaks to the original design, mostly to its benefit.

Its overall form is more compact and "muscular" in its appearance. I'm in two minds about the silver front; I'm not sure whether it's shaped metal or chromed plastic, but some may find it a little gaudy and I'm concerned about how it will look if and when it gets scratched. However, it is an attractive design and looks good on display in the kitchen. The bean hopper aperture is even larger which, compared to some other grinders, makes filling it easier without risk of spillage. The flow of beans into the grinder mechanism is smooth and untroubled - eight bags of beans so far and not one problem.

The coarsest setting produces a grind commensurate with what you find in bags of pre-ground coffee; the finest setting strikes me as being very fine indeed without reducing it to powder. Some claim that it's not fine enough to produce a crema. At the moment I'm using an Aeropress not an espresso machine but, having owned a good quality machine in the past, I know that producing a crema is not just down to how finely the coffee is ground.

It is quite loud when grinding, though slightly quieter than the previous model. Static still causes some of the grind to adhere to the container. Dualit is obviously aware of this and, in the instructions, recommend that you tap the container before pouring out the grind; this does work. They've solved the slight problem that the old model had where the container would work its way out a little as the machine was grinding; this no longer happens.

In the previous model the on/off switch and quantity setting were combined. These are now separated. There is a dial on the right for quantity and an over-sized on/off button on the front fascia. For the weight of the machine the on/off switch is a little too stiff, which results in the grinder moving slightly as you press the switch. This is not an insurmountable problem and I usually press the switch whilst holding the grinder down with a couple of fingers of the same hand. I would suggest following the instructions on cleaning the innards of the machine as, over time, there is an inevitable build-up of residual ground coffee.

I'm very pleased with this purchase and would strongly recommend it.

Nokia 02732H7 - DC-16 Portable Charger Black
Nokia 02732H7 - DC-16 Portable Charger Black
Offered by IvoryEgg

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful - even essential for aging smartphone!!, 22 Jun 2012
Smartphones are increasingly power-hungry. What is worse, more and more of them have a non-removeably battery (or, in the case of my N8, difficult to remove). Rechargeable batteries have a limited life and after several months, depending on how often you recharge it, its capacity to hold charge is reduced.......significantly.

This is where the DC-16 comes in. My N8 is still fully functional but I now need to charge it more than once a day; if I'm out for the day and using its excellent camera as well as other phone functions then it will more likely than not lose all power before I get to an electricity socket. The DC-16 is a convenient size and weight to slip into a pocket and get my phone through the day. It's of great use when I go camping and I only wish I had one when I was stuck at Heathrow for three days due to the snow some eighteen months back!!

It comes supplied with a short USB/micro-USB cable with a neat system that makes sure you never try to charge it or your phone from the wrong end. It also has a simple 4-LED display that gives you an indication of whether the DC-16 is fully charged or not.

There are other products that do the same job that will hold a greater charge and even hold more charge per £ than the DC-16 does, but this is compact, convenient and very simple to use.

A word of warning:- there is another product available on this website that appears identical but for a third of the price of the DC-16; it only hold 1,800mAh compared to the 2,200mAh that the DC-16 holds. I think the extra cost is worth the extra money.

Nokia CC-1005 Skin for N8 - Blue
Nokia CC-1005 Skin for N8 - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 4 April 2011
The CC-1005 is made out of a soft, flexible, easy-grip material. There are holes cut in the case for the headphone socket, HDMI port, lock slider, power and micro-USB ports and the place to fit the string on your lanyard. The camera, volume and on/off switch are covered but usable as well as visible because of the mouldings on the cover. One nice attention to detail is that the light that frames the soft key button on the bottom left of the front facia can still be seen through the cover as NOKIA have made that bit a little thinner so that it is translucent.

When new it fits the N8 snugly and, unlike many covers not made by NOKIA, does not greatly increase the overall dimensions of the phone. Also unlike many other covers it offers a little more protection for the protruding camera lens and speaker to the rear of the N8. One design flaw of the N8 is that when lying screen-up on some surfaces then the loudspeaker is covered and often you can hear the phone ringing; as it happens this cover somehow remedies that little problem. The cover looks good and even has a silver "NOKIA Nseries" logo on the back just as the phone itself does (not apparent on the photo above).

I have two slight concerns about the cover. I fear that if I were to remove and replace the cover too frequently then it will stretch a little so that it doesn't fit so smoothly; I can't be sure but I wouldn't be surprised. Secondly, the blue case is ever-so-slightly translucent and the colour of the cover is a little compromised if placed on a black N8; I would have preferred the cover to be more opaque.

However, the cover is probably the best available. It protects the phone, especially the plastic ends of the phone that house the antennae, makes gripping the phone easier and looks fine.

Nokia CR-122 In Car Holder for N8
Nokia CR-122 In Car Holder for N8

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but not perfect., 26 Mar 2011
This is a solidly-made device and will hold your N8 securely on the windscreen of your car in portrait or landscape mode; and, since it is specifically designed with the N8 in mind (not for the C7, despite what this website claims) you can easily access all the buttons, switches and ports on the phone. But, as the title of my review suggests, I'm not 100% happy with it.

The arm of the holder is too short so reaching the phone requires you to lean quite far forward - I've tried this on three cars and it's the same problem with each car.

Getting your mobile in and out of the holder is a bit of a faff, as others have mentioned, but it's not a major issue. It is, however, made more difficult because you are having to lean forward in order to place or remove the mobile. I can't help thinking that an easier way could have been designed.

Finally, the rubber disc that is provided to allow you fix the holder to the dashboard father than the windscreen is neither use nor ornament for most. I believe that the reason is because most dashboard tops are very curved and the suction cup on the holder needs a flatter surface to adhere to.

Page: 1 | 2