Profile for J. Glackin > Reviews

Content by J. Glackin

J. Glackin "Hibernia united" (Belfast, Ireland)

Severin Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs Dryer OD2940 white
Severin Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs Dryer OD2940 white
Offered by CoolSound-Superstore
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 30 Dec 2011
I bought this after getting a landfall of apples in November from a friend. After coring and slicing I produced bags of dried apple rings which the kids loved as much as me. They even sold some for charity at an Xmas bring and buy sale! I will no doubt be drying herbs, many more apples and anything I can including seaweeds - so as to save on money and to be healthier...definitely recommend it...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2012 8:17 PM GMT

North Atlantic Seafood (Penguin handbooks)
North Atlantic Seafood (Penguin handbooks)
by Alan Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars North Atlantic Seafood, 4 Nov 2010
What a book - just what I always needed. It allows me to identify every fish I could ever land in Ireland and gives me their culinary usages. This came in very handy when I caught a 1.5LB rockling and hey presto Mr Davidson (another native of the fair Isle) had a full description of it and ways to cook it. It is also an invaluable handbook if you go to where the fishermen land their fish/fish markets and see the baskets of odd fish. I will never be without it.

Le Creuset Almond 26cm round grillit
Le Creuset Almond 26cm round grillit

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Crueset Cast Iron Grillet - 26cm, 15 Jun 2009
I was amazed to find this product so cheap on Amazon. The start of my collection! I found it easy to use and clean - although the quality means weight and that could be an issue with someone with certain limiting health conditions e.g arthritis. I will put this item to excellent use in cooking up some wild forages....

The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD]
The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christel Bodenstein
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Flash back, 5 May 2009
A wonderful flash back to a bear, big fish, wee man syndrom and the ever ever singing ring tree...bit like Waiting for Godot ála German