Profile for FoxyCoxy > Reviews

High Heels and a Head Torch: The Essential Guide For Girls Who Backpack
High Heels and a Head Torch: The Essential Guide For Girls Who Backpack
by Chelsea Duke

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading!!, 6 Sept. 2009
Oh HOW I wish that this book had been available about 5 years ago, when I set off on my 6 month backpacking trip. Instead of ending up posting half the contents of my backpack home over the forthcoming months, I would have known exactly what I was getting myself into, and would have been much better prepared. Reading guide books will only give you about the destination that you are going to. No-one tells you about the practicalities about backpacking and what to expect. And there is so much to know about. How do you survive sleeping in dorms with complete strangers? What essential stuff needs to be in that backpack? This book just does this and GIVES AMAZING TIPS AND ADVICE.

Some very amusing anecdotes as well. I've found myself having to hold back, on my daily commute trying to stifle laughter, as all the memories come flooding back!! Even as a seasoned traveller, there are so many great tips that I've learnt - all to be incorporated in my future trips. Just makes me desperately want to pack my bag and head off again (albeit with the recommended sparkly flip-flops, rather than plain 'thongs').

Well worth a read.