Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Dvd ~ Andrew Adamson
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film., 12 Jan 2014
The children loved it and it was faithful to the book. They want to see it over and over again.

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Price: 80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good job for price paid., 19 Aug 2013
This lens does exactly what I expected it to, although I had to get used to the fixed lens at first.

SanDisk SDSDB-016G-B35 16 GB Class 4 SDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)
SanDisk SDSDB-016G-B35 16 GB Class 4 SDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)
Price: 8.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Jun 2012
Great card for taking lots of high quality pictures, and short videos. No problem encountered. I would highly recommend it.

Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D Digital Field Guide
Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D Digital Field Guide
by Charlotte K. Lowrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 20 Jun 2012
This is book is very easy to follow and explains all the features the camera has. It also goes on to tell you how to get the most of your camera, by going into the more advanced features. Highly recommended.

Super Natural Every Day: Well Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen
Super Natural Every Day: Well Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen
by Heidi Swanson
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring, 12 May 2012
Love this book. The pictures are amazing. (I'm a keen photographer so I really appreciate the style in which the pictures are taken). The recipes are easy to follow and look mouthwatering. I'm slowly working my way through the recipes and everything I've tried so far was a success. If you're into a kind of rustic-natural way of cooking then I highly recommend this book. Well done Heidi.

Sugar Blues
Sugar Blues
by William Dufty
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 23 Nov 2011
I Loved reading Sugar Blues, I feel I learnt so much about sugar and how it effects our bodies. However I feel the author is too extreme and is completely against sugar consumption. I completely agree that excess sugar consumption will lead to ill health, however, have any studies been done to see if people who stuck to the recommended 90g (30 natural) of sugar per day will develop illnesses such as diabetes? Or those strong-willed individuals who only have sweet food occasionally?

Also, William Dufty mentions that brown sugar is just refined sugar with molasses added for colour, however is Unrefined sugar (e.g Billington's)is just as bad if used in moderation?

The Home Guide to Cake Decorating
The Home Guide to Cake Decorating
by Jane Price
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake decorating and more, 3 April 2011
I bought this book thinking it would give more ideas for sugar-craft, but I was pleasantly surprised on how much more it offers! The book starts off with the basics, then gateaus, some chocolate decorating tips, children's cakes, weddings and much more! At the end there are basic recipes for many sponge cakes, including chocolate mud cake. I would certainly recommend this book!

Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method
Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method
by Tracy Anderson
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars I did the 30 days!, 23 Feb 2011
I'm a busy mum of 3 young children and I did the 30 day TA method. I went down from a size 14 to a 10 and lost just under a stone (7 kg). The journey wasn't easy but well worth it!

However I did follow about 80% of the method because at times either my body needed a rest or I just needed some carbohydrates to cope!

To summarize here are the pros and cons that I experienced:
The Pros:
- My body has changed in a lovely way, and my 'birth belly' is almost flat now! (I figured that only
30 days won't get rid of it)
- You start to eat in a way that is healthy! I mean the moment I am full now I stop, compared to my
usual being stuffed.

Now the Cons:
- At the beginning I started becoming very tense and snappy with my family, as I had to manage to
squeeze in 90 minutes of exercise plus the menus on top of an already hectic and busy family
life. After having a good chat with my partner, I decided to aim to do the method as much as I
could but be bit more relaxed with menus and exercise! That really helped.
- Some of the ingredients required for the recipes were no where to be found, so I had to adapt a
few.
- The DVD alongside the book was poorly designed, Tracy hardly smiled and for the muscle work you
had to keep posing to manage to do the repetitions required. If only Tracy did the entire full
workout, I think it would have been easier to stick to it.

So all in all, I will certainly continue doing her exercise 4-5 times a week, but enjoy one of the simple pleasure in life which I call BREAD! A balanced diet (with the occasional treats) is the most sustainable diet ever!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2011 12:01 PM BST

Sue Kreitzman's Low Fat Desser
Sue Kreitzman's Low Fat Desser
by Sue Kreitzman

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Feb 2011
This book has really good ideas and hints to make desserts healthier. I am starting to use it very frequently and have had some excellent treats without guilt! I have given it 4 starts because I feel the book needs more pictures to guide us along the steps or the look of the end product.