Profile for Rich > Reviews

The Sea Angler's Step-by-step Guide to Bait and Rigs
The Sea Angler's Step-by-step Guide to Bait and Rigs
by Mel Russ

1.0 out of 5 stars :-((, 2 Jun 2013
The 5 star reviews seem to be from people only 1 review. This book is written for a 5 year old. You will find a lot more info on rigs and bait elsewhere.

Gelert 85L Rucksack (DUNE/BLACK)
Gelert 85L Rucksack (DUNE/BLACK)

4.0 out of 5 stars :-), 2 Jun 2013
For the money this is a great piece of kit. I have not used it loads but it has been treated fairly roughly full of fishing kit on boats and beaches.

Chef's Choice Three stage sharpener, Model 110
Chef's Choice Three stage sharpener, Model 110

3.0 out of 5 stars :-|, 2 Jun 2013
It takes a while to get used to it. It also sharpens knives probably to the level the home cook would expect. It's also a bit noisy. It's a I wouldn't dare sharpen knives whilst the missus is upstairs having a lie in type of noise. The thing about this kit was that it seemed to give cheap knives the best edge!

Keysonic ACK-540RF Wireless Mini Keyboard with Built in Touchpad
Keysonic ACK-540RF Wireless Mini Keyboard with Built in Touchpad

3.0 out of 5 stars :-|, 2 Jun 2013
I have now had 2 of these they do work ok. I am a bit rough and accident prone though. I have also bust 2 of these. Well to be fair the dongle got whacked. You may want to have the dongle plugged into a USB lead then into your computer so it is not sticking out to get broken. On my second board keys started to fall out. i have dropped it a few time. Vodka finally killed it. A keyboard and a longer wire extension is probably better for me.

10 9C - 27C Thermometer strips for Baby/Nursery/Room Thermometer cards and business promotions and Energy Saving projects

5.0 out of 5 stars :-)), 2 Jun 2013
I got these to stick on my beer making buckets. They work well, for easily letting me know what temperature my brews are at. The readings compared well to my electronic thermometer. They were amazing value for money too!

Grow Your Own Gay Best Friend A Joke Gift Present
Grow Your Own Gay Best Friend A Joke Gift Present
Offered by GreatDeals4you

2.0 out of 5 stars :-(, 2 Jun 2013
Bought this for my dad. Not sure why I thought he may want a gay best mate. Anyway, he did grow, but not that big. Very underwhelmed.

Buffalo Manual Fill Water Boiler - Capacity: 40 litre.
Buffalo Manual Fill Water Boiler - Capacity: 40 litre.
Offered by Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars :-)), 2 Jun 2013
This arrived the next day. It does everything that I expected it to do. I bought it for beer making. It works better once it has been insulated with a camping sleeping mat and some foil. I might even have ago of making it into a still.

Garmin Bike Mount for Colorado and Oregon
Garmin Bike Mount for Colorado and Oregon
Offered by Markstore

3.0 out of 5 stars :-|, 2 Jun 2013
Seems a little expensive for some cheap plastic bits. It works though. Not done any crazy down hills but off road it seems to keep the Garmin Dakota 20 firmly attached to the bike.

Garmin Dakota 20 Handheld GPS System
Garmin Dakota 20 Handheld GPS System
Offered by You Want GPS

4.0 out of 5 stars :-)), 2 Jun 2013
This is my first GPS. I was not really into to walking as I get bored really fast. Now I have this I have loads to mess about with when out an about. The screen is such that you can see the maps easily to navigate when at waking speed. When using at out on a bike it's not so good if you don't now where you are going and there are a few routes that criss-cross. It works really well with the Garmin heart monitor too. I also use it for running. It doesn't record mile per minute pace but just about everything else. Just upload to Runkeeper or something similar for all that.

With older re-chargeable batteries the life battery life was not very long. I was worried it would not last on a long walk. However, i did a bit of reading and bought some Sanyo Eneloop batteries 1900mAh. These are about double the cost of normal re-chargeable but they work brilliant in the Garmin and give it it's long operation.

It's not got 5 stars because it is useless without buying the proper OS maps. Do not buy this if you are not going to get proper maps!.The OS maps are very expensive. Mind you if you look hard enough on the net, can follow instructions and work a computer you may find you do not need to spend all that money on the maps. Happy hunting.

Garmin Bag Dakota, Skin, 010-11344-10
Garmin Bag Dakota, Skin, 010-11344-10
Offered by You Want GPS

3.0 out of 5 stars :-|, 2 Jun 2013
I think it's a bit expensive for what it is. The Garmin Dakota 20 seems robust enough if you are just waking around and this seems a bit like overkill. I got this when I got the Garmin just to be safe. I don't use it any more when I am walking or running. I will still use it when I am out and about on my bike though, just in case I come off. If you have hands made of butter you may find this a really good product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3