Profile for Colin Spacecraft Man > Reviews

Content by Colin Spacecra...

Colin Spacecraft Man "ColinP" (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sony BDPS7200 4K 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Super Wi-Fi and High Resolution Audio (2015 Model)

3.0 out of 5 stars No improvement over my 4 year old Toshiba, 16 Oct. 2014
Except faster start-up/loading time I cannot find any difference in sound/picture quality to my 4(?)year old Toshiba. I have a hi-spec Panasonic & top quality audio system.

Sony BDPS7200 4K 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Super Wi-Fi Supplied - MultiRegion For DVD PlayBack(DVD Side) + Sony 2M HDMI Cable + Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 And Part 2 Blu Ray Discs in 3D

3.0 out of 5 stars No real improvement over my 4 year old Toshiba, 16 Oct. 2014

America the Beautiful: National Parks Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

3.0 out of 5 stars Very poor picture resolution, 15 Oct. 2014
Very poor picture resolution, could be much better even for a DVD. The content is a bit repetitive & weak, but if cheap enough OK. A pity because good hi-res DVD would be really something.

Vax U89-MAF2-R Air Force 2 Reach Multi Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U89-MAF2-R Air Force 2 Reach Multi Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Geat machine for the strong, but died after a few months, 9 Jun. 2014
0) After only few months it died. The cost of repairing it exceeded its value so binned it. Waste of money.

1) Amazon state 10m power cable. Actually it's 5m.
2) Ear pugs mandatory.
3) Download the User Manual from Vax & it states that it is height adjustable. Not on the model I bought, confirmed when I phoned Vax.
4) The handle is supposed to be used with the turbo-tool for cleaning stairs but the handle is so long it's just a nuisance. Anyhow it has so much power that the turbo tool can just be placed on the end of the 4m stretchy cable (& stays on because of suction).
5) It's a powerful cleaner, not doubt about that.
6) But I would suggest (at 9kg) it's too heavy for most users & needs some muscle to push it around as it cleans.
7) I weighed it at 9kg
8) The 4m flexi hose falls of it's clip when in it's short 'run' in use & so I use the power cable fixing point to prevent it falling on the floor & getting in the way.

Balanchine: Jewels [Blu-ray] [2010]
Balanchine: Jewels [Blu-ray] [2010]
Dvd ~ Kader Belarbi

2.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable video quality, 28 Mar. 2014
Benford has commented on the unacceptable video quality; I agree. Not Blu-ray or even decent DVD quality.
Further there are '2 second' action shots (e.g.of the torso only when the dancers are dancing across the stage) which creates visual discontinuity. Buy at cheapest price & it's tolerable which is a pity really since it could have been great.

Quixote, Don / Nureyev Australian Ballet [Blu-ray] [Region A & B & C] [US Import]
Offered by supermart_usa

Don Quixote [DVD] [2012]
Don Quixote [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ The Australian Ballet

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Don Quixote [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
The Blu-ray transfer is truly awful. Even 1 star is too many. Beware, on reading the reverse of the Blu-ray package I see that it has been re-mastered from a 35mm 1972 film. That accounts for the very blurred & distorted visuals which means sometimes the dancers have 4 legs/4 arms (if you can see them) & the movements are jumpy. It's a real pain on the eyes. And the audio track is also poor. Stopped it after 30 minutes & will donate to the charity shop or bin. I expect the DVD is no better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 1:54 PM BST

Don Quixote [Blu-ray] [2012]
Don Quixote [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ The Australian Ballet

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, 22 Mar. 2014

Panasonic TX-P50VT50B 50-inch Full HD 1080p 3D Smart VIERA LED TV with Freeview HD and Freesat HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Optical Digital Output distorts severely, 27 Oct. 2013
My star ratings (out of 5)
Panasonic service: Zero
Dealer: 5
TV picture: 4 (because of sever reflections in any but the darkest room). Otherwise very good.

Here is my experience to date. Anyone experience the same/similar problem? I am awaiting a response from Panasonic to an Email. Will update as the situation develops. I point out that delivered was TX-P50VT65B (the replacement model for VT50B). Notified Panasonic Friday midday, they replied Wednesday midday with a useless Public Relations Email. Good job the dealer knew what to do!!

I have had this TV 7 days. Dated 1200hrs Friday 25 October.
1)3 times when switching channel I have had a loud harsh, hacking, staccato noise. The picture is OK. The sound is loud enough to destroy the speakers. Signal strength/quality is 10 (ten). I switch channels & everything is OK. I immediately return to the original channel without problem.
2)Initially when switching on the `start menu screen' shows. Shortly (5 or 10 seconds) after I select the required channel there is a 3dB to 6db sound level reduction. Why? What can I do to fix it? I am using the digital optical audio output with a high quality cable. An alternative cable I have is the same. An update from mid-November: The noise dip differential just stopped occurring & I turned my pre-amp down accordingly.

UPDATE @ 2330hrs Saturday 26/10/2013
The `hacking noise' reported in point 1 above has occurred on Channels 101 & 102 but only on the optical output, the TV audio is unaffected. The hacking sound persisted even after repeated switching (over 10 minutes) to other channels & resetting the DAC. Repeatedly switching ON/OFF the TV had no effect, noise continued on these 2 channels. So now it is MUCH worse & persistent than ever before. Will check on Sunday the situation.

Another point is that the screen is so black that when daytime viewing (not very often) all the room can be seen reflected in the screen (somewhat annoying even with the curtains drawn).

OK watching MotoGP Sunday afternoon, strong reflections from my south facing lounge even with the curtains drawn. I switch on & the noise problem is immediately there on channels 101/102. I do couple of channels hops & it's only on these 2. I go back to 101/102 & still bad. More channel hops but no others show this problem. Then I'm back with 102 for the Moto GP & no problem (no hacking noise), everything perfect. So perhaps only 101/102 occasionally affected!! I emphasise only Optical audio output affected, TV audio is OK.

Sunday evening the noise fault repeatedly occurred on 101 & after 20 minutes I gave up using the Optical Output.

Monday AM. I am advised by the dealer to change 'Audio SPDIF' from 'Auto' to 'PCM'. Done so let's see what happens.
2 weeks later I can report that selecting PCM seems to have solved the problem.

The Wicker Tree [Blu-ray]
The Wicker Tree [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 Oct. 2013
Gave it to the charity shop. Even 1 star is too many, zero better. The original Wicker Man is good laugh but this is just tedious.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4