Profile for James ¡å > Reviews

Content by James ¡å

James ¡å "Thoughts Become Things" (¢¾ Planet Earth ¢¾)

Lumiere
Lumiere

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly melodic, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lumiere (Audio CD)
Being a Sinead o'Connor fan, I have her 'Collabrations' CD and on that album she duets with Damien Dempsey on the wonderful 'It's all good' - I'm now a big Damien Dempsey fan :)
Consequently DD teamed up LUMIERE on the hauntingly beautiful 'The West's Awake'. {See the brilliant video on YouTube} This song sends shivers up my spine.

The lovely ladies really are truly gifted singers.I can't recommend this album highly enough: Grand on the ears and you can also improve your history too by listening to the lyrics.
Fair play to LUMIERE, on producing an incredible album together.

The Attack on the Liberty: The Untold Story of Israel's Deadly 1967 Assault on a U.S. Spy Ship
by James Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL History, 6 July 2011
An excellent account of what happened to a US ship, in 1967 (during the famous 6-day war).
Almost all the facts are backed-up with documents & photos. I bought a copy for an friend who now lives in Israel!
Incredible story. Well written too.

Human Race Get Off Your Knees: The Lion Sleeps No More
Human Race Get Off Your Knees: The Lion Sleeps No More
by David Icke

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanna be like Icke :-), 22 Sept. 2010
Having read 4 of his previous books I have to say this IS his best so far. Jam packed FULL of info. Could easily have been 2 books: you certainly get excellent value for money.
If you don't have any of Icke's books then this is an great starting point.
It's not beach-book but it'll wake you up!

Fast Food Nation [2007] [DVD]
Fast Food Nation [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kris Kristofferson
Offered by A2Z Entertains

1.0 out of 5 stars The BOOK was brilliant, 14 Mar. 2010
Having read the brilliant book by Eric Schlosser, I was REALLY looking forward to seeing it myself & showing it my teenage children too.
I was deeply disappointed.
It's not a documentary but a VERY low-budget melodrama which abruptly comes to an (a loose) end.

No one mentions that a lot of it is actually spoken in Mexican (with English subtitles) as it's main characters are Mexican immigrants coming over the border. Yes, interesting but not the focus I was looking for: Like in the book.

I'm an ardent Anti-Burger-Man but even if you CAN get a cheap copy, I honestly would NOT waste my time watching it (again)
BTW this is NOT suitable for youngsters either. Pity :-(
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2011 10:21 AM GMT

Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man
Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man
by David T. Hardy

1.0 out of 5 stars Bush Propaganda, 26 Dec. 2009
A bitter disappointment. An American friend bought me this as she wanted me to see both sides of the story. I didn't actually watch it to the end, I must admit, it was too awful and obviously anti-anything Michael Moore said. A waste of time & money.

What The Bleep? Down the Rabbit Hole - 5 Disc Box Set [DVD]
What The Bleep? Down the Rabbit Hole - 5 Disc Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marlee Matlin

1.0 out of 5 stars What the Bleep - Rabbit hole, 19 Oct. 2009
I paid good money for these discs - The first one is simply a rip-off of The Secret with more technical jargon and a (no offence!) a deaf & dumb woman who is (sorry!) very hard to understand when she's trying to speak!

The second disc is padded out CONSIDERABLY with clips from the first disc.
A great message but I feel tricked :-(
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2010 12:24 PM BST

A Russian Diary: With a Foreword by Jon Snow
A Russian Diary: With a Foreword by Jon Snow
by Anna Politkovskai︠a︡

5.0 out of 5 stars Vladimir Putin!, 15 July 2009
I certainly think MOST Brits wouldn't know who Alexander Putin was. The Russian PM is "Vladimir" Putin :-)