ARRAY(0xaa6afd44)

Profile for Neeraj Morar > Reviews

Content by Neeraj Morar

Neeraj Morar

Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great console - BEWARE!, 10 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Right, I would like to start off by saying that the console is great. It took about 2 minutes to set up and (if you're a user of the PS3) a few minutes to get used to the user interface etc. The console, in my opinion, looks beautiful and it is insanely quiet.

The Gamer Pack comes with 2 controllers and I have to say these are amazing controllers. Far, far better than the PS3's and on par with the Xbox 360's. A couple of tiffs with it, but on a real nitty level. The triggers are nice to hold now but the rubber mount it uses for me makes it not that great for shooters. They're good for driving games due to the greater control for the throttle but it's too squishy for me for shooters and I feel you can't spam your trigger finger well.

The other problem is that the touch pad is actually quite close to the analog sticks and you may tap on it by accident, and depending on the game it may affect your gaming. So it's perhaps something you may have to get used to.

The pack also comes with the PlayStation Eye camera, and I think it's quite decent. It's small and doesn't look an eye sore and the camera quality is pretty decent. Very fun to play with on the Playroom app the PS4 comes with.

And lastly the game. The reason I gave the review 5 stars is because for me this doesn't affect the console and shouldn't deter you from buying the PS4. The game, in my opinion, is terrible. It feels incredibly rushed, the storyline is hard to follow and the acting is really poor. It's a decent shooter but the overall experience of the game for me is quite poor. Graphically it's really good but I honestly think this is a very poor Killzone game.

If you're thinking about the PS4, perhaps get one with another game? The only reason I got the Gamer Pack was that it's a value for money. The same price as the Xbox One but comes with an additional controller, a game, and the PlayStation Eye.

---------UPDATE----------

Earlier on I said that Killzone was terrible but after playing the game a bit more and started on the multiplayer I have to confess that the game is actually decent. The campaign is starting to come together a bit better now and I'm understanding it a lot more than I did a couple of days ago. However, I still hold that the voice acting is really bad in my opinion.

The multiplayer is actually really good, at least so far. I've been playing Team Deathmatch and I haven't had any problems with the server just yet. The online is quite tactical and requires a bit of thought whilst playing. In the previous Killzone games I found the movement of the player quite sluggish since they were trying to go for realistic movement and such but in Shadow Fall the gameplay has been far improved, whether it's due to the new controller, Guerrilla adjusting it, or a mixture of both I think it's very enjoyable.

However, this game may not be for everyone and I hope my review has given you a better understanding of what both the PS4 and the game has to offer.

Perixx PERIDUO-303W UK, Wired Keyboard and Mouse Set - USB - 389x142x25mm Dimension - Piano White Design - Stylish Chiclet Key Design - 7 Multimedia Hot Keys - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK
Price: 19.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Nov 2013
The keyboard is lovely to type on, and I love the clicky sound it makes when you type on it - almost like one of those old IBM keyboards but slightly more quieter. The mouse is also good, it is quite small but having said that it doesn't feel uncomfortable to use, in fact it feels really nice to use in my opinion.

I bought this keyboard because it looked good, wanted a cheap mouse and keyboard combo, and that it can be used to set up my new desktop PC.

Perfect. Even my mate wants one!

AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor (50000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI)
AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor (50000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI)
Price: 124.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and magnificent, 8 Nov 2013
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Looks slick and sleek, comes with a wide array of inputs and has fantastic colour. AOC also kindly provides you with a VGA cable and a HDMI cable for added peace of mind. Picture quality is amazing and is a joy to read text on and the stand allows the monitor to change angle in all 3 dimensions. Couple of warnings are to be considered though.

1) When moving the monitor around it feels extremely fragile in your hands and the stand feels like is going to snap, so take care when handling the monitor!
2) I have a 20 inch monitor and considering this is 23 inches I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference - wrong! It makes a world of difference so you must consider whether or not you have the space to this monitor on your desk. You may have to move other peripherals around (e.g. I had to move my sub-woofer to the floor).

Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker XL-ATX Case
Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker XL-ATX Case
Price: 129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but be warned, 8 Nov 2013
This case is fantastic and I originally bought it because it looks magnificent. I can't fault the product or the supplier, everything fits perfectly (more than perfectly, in fact) and the case comes with some useful buttons (e.g. buttons to control the speed of the fans). But there is a 'but', which actually isn't the fault of the case or the supplier but of my own doing - it is huge. When I mean 'huge' I mean a monster, I wouldn't be surprised if it was used on Death Star or was formally a liquid nitrogen fridge used to store uranium rods. It is the size of an average bedside cabinet in height and wide enough that it wouldn't fit into a desk designed with a desktop in mind (e.g. sections to holder the tower, printer, keyboard etc.)

BE WARNED! Please make sure you have the room to hold this case or forever hold your peace.

P.S. Delivery was amazing, ordered on a Monday came on a Thursday evening - considering this is dispatched from Germany!

VGA (female) to DVI (DVI-I/DVI-A) Monitor (male) Display Adapter, Gold Plated, Genuine CPO Branded Product
Offered by CPO Trading
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 15 Aug 2013
I got a new graphics card for my desktop and realised it only supported DVI output and Mini-HDMI output, whereas the monitor only runs VGA input (it's a HD LED monitor but cheap, hence no HDMI). So, only having access to a VGA cable and input buying this adapter was a very cheap saviour. Plugged in the VGA into the adapter and then the adapter into the graphics card and then boom, I could use my monitor without the need of investing in a new one.