Profile for V. Harvey > Reviews

V. Harvey (Norfolk, UK.)

A Different Hat
A Different Hat

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 5 Nov. 2010
This review is from: A Different Hat (Audio CD)
I was astonished to read the two less than enthusiastic reviews about this CD. Although I love Paul Carrack's previous work and have followed his career, I found it to be an interesting change of direction and his voice seems ideally suited to showcase the tracks included on this album. He never 'over sings'and each track seems effortlessly perfect. It was wonderful to hear him singing with a full orchestra and the beautiful, melodic arrangement of the tracks is to be commended. I've seen Paul sing four of these tracks live at a recent BBC concert (with the BBC Concert Orchestra) and it was an outstanding performance - he's the real deal and can sing them live as beautifully, tunefully and soulfully as on the recording. I would rate this as one of the best CD's I've purchased in 2010 and hope he follows it up with another similar collection. Highly recommended!

Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000W
Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000W

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Iron!, 20 Oct. 2008
I can't recommend this iron too highly. Expensive but worth every penny (at the time of purchase, Amazon was the cheapest price I could find). Well considered filling mechanism (you can take the tank to the sink), water heats v.quickly and it's a light and comfortable iron to use. I kept the base unit on the kitchen worktop as it's heavy when full and my ironing board is not too stable. Doing this did not impair use as there's a long cable from the base to the iron. Makes ironing a pleasure instead of a chore!