Profile for claire lloyd > Reviews

The Afterlife Club
The Afterlife Club
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 29 Oct 2013
I really loved this book! Very well written. Great characters, in parts is was quite funny and in others sad. And it has the BEST possible ending!

The Adventures of Bindi Girl: Diving Deep Into the Heart of India
The Adventures of Bindi Girl: Diving Deep Into the Heart of India
Price: 6.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Get Into It, 21 Oct 2013
I didn't really like it. I mean it was okay, it started out with a lot of promise, and then nothing kinda happened. I quit 25% of the way in. It was just like a lecture, there was no description of characters and I found them all very 2D. They didn't seem to be relatable or anything, just people having experiences. Quite dull really. Some of the descpritions of India were lovely, but that was all there was to it.

The Nation's Favourite Poems
The Nation's Favourite Poems
by Griff Rhys Jones
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Got Me Into Poetry, 23 May 2013
I first received this book as a christmas present as a teenager. And it totally changed my life!. It has such a wonderful selection of poems, and is perfect for a first time or seasoned poetry reader. I think if I had never read this I would not of gone on to write poetry myself, and I even have my own book for sale now on Amazon. I recommend this book to everyone, it really does have something for everyone. A great read.

PET DOG BED CUSHION LARGE SIZE AVAILABLE COLOURS BLUE, GREEN, RED & ORANGE
PET DOG BED CUSHION LARGE SIZE AVAILABLE COLOURS BLUE, GREEN, RED & ORANGE
Offered by Super.Deals
Price: 6.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bed., 7 Dec 2012
This bed is not good at all, I payed a 10 and I guess you get what you pay for. I ordered the large size and received the medium, but that wasn't the problem (all though I should of payed 7 for this size) the problem was it wasn't very thick at all and my puppy ripped it to pieces in two days. The stuffing was ultra cheap (just basically cotton wool) and it doesn't provide any support (especially for larger dogs, but I wouldn't even buy it for a cat to be honest) and it isn't comfortable. Not wash proof and doesn't have half the amount of the stuffing in it to support the size dog that's sitting on it in the picture. Don't buy it, maybe okay for a literal tea cup sized dog, but I don't even think it would last a Jack Russel very long. Very poor quality.

450 ml Water Bottle for Chinchillas, Rabbits
450 ml Water Bottle for Chinchillas, Rabbits
Offered by Scot-Petshop Ltd
Price: 4.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bottle, 7 Dec 2012
Its a good bottle, the leakage if very, very small, and if you change your guinea pig cage regularly it stays clean. Its a good full size for a guinea pig and has a good long metal spout so my guinea can't chew and destroy the plastic like he did with previous bottles. I also like the wide water hole so that its easy to clean. Only drawback I would say is that there is a small plastic hook on the bottom so that it cannot stand upright on the side or table, but this doesn't really matter as it sits upside down in the cage anyways.

British Birds: A photographic guide to every common species (Collins Complete Guide)
by Paul Sterry
Price: 5.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential!, 22 Feb 2012
This book has it all!. It covers so many bird species. Its just the best, and every species features a good quality coloured photograph. Plus its pocket size!. Love it.

3,096 Days
3,096 Days
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring., 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: 3,096 Days (Kindle Edition)
I've never read non-fiction. Not really. And I never read memoirs or bigraphies. But when I heard that Natascha Kampusch had written a book about her abduction and life in captivity I had to read it. I remember hearing all about her story on the news. I didn't know what to expect from this book. But it blew me away. Natascha Kampusch is a wonderful story teller, although this story is true. And thats what makes it all the more remarkable. She managed to tell her story without painting herself as a victim, I never found this book depressing. I found it gripping. Inspiring. This young woman so strong, she never once gave up hope that she would be free. She never once speaks of herself like a victim, thats one of the things that makes this book so enjoyable. You just fall in love with her character. So strong, determined, and never losing her identity despite her torture and isolation. You find yourself rooting for her throughout the book, ''Go Natascha, go!''. And when she finally leaves, its like she takes you with her. I left this book feeling like I can take on the world. Everybody should read this book. EVERYBODY. Many people have critisized her for the empathy she felt towards her attacker and have said she milked the media. Her empathy towards her attacker just shows what an amazing person she is, she never lost her compassion for others, she remained human despite her abuses. And as for milking the media?. She wanted to tell HER story, HER way. And I think she is amazing, strong, inspiring, determined, and this book has totally changed my life.Please go and read this book, like right now.

Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire Book 1)
Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire Book 1)
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 20 Dec 2011
Think Medium meets True Blood. But with less graphic sex and gore. Its also suitable for teens, but it written in a more adult style. This is not like Twilight. Fantastic story with twists and turms. A must for thoe who dont like thei vampires sparkling.

Thirst (Ava Delaney Book 1)
Thirst (Ava Delaney Book 1)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK., 20 Dec 2011
Its got an impressive front cover and catchy title. but it can be a bit cringy at times. I manged one chapter. but had to stop reading because I founf it highly annoying that the main charcter constantly counts her footsteps. Like whats tht all about?. Made no sense at all. Then theres the fact that it says shes a "hybrid" but elaborate on how she came to be so. She rescues some dude in an alleyway at the start and it doesnt even describe what the guy looks like. Its all abit empty. Sometimes it just made me cringe. If you wanna read a real good book about vampires that int th Sookie Stackhouse series go for Vampire for Hire. Its better than this. One of the worst parts of this book that I read was when the main character talks about the magic that protect her home. She doesnt explain it and is too conveniant an cliched. This is like the Jackie Collins equivalent of Vampire books. Cliched and empty. With a catchy title and pretty cover.

Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 2)
Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 2)
Price: 5.29

4.0 out of 5 stars None, 20 Dec 2011
I'm not usually into modern vampire stories. I tried to read Twilight and it bored the hell outta me. but thi book was a treat to read. It's mot quite as good as the first (what sequel is?) but it's definately worth reading. I really liked the storyline and the main protagonist is a well developed character. There are even some witty moments in this one with the dashing vampire Eric. I also liked hearing a bit more about Bills past. I'd give this four stars. It isn't mind blowing but it sureis gripping and thrilling. A must for anyone who wants to read about real vampires that don't sparkle and likes a good thrill.

Page: 1 | 2