Profile for Claire > Reviews

Content by Claire

Claire (UK)

Philips SHQ1200/10 ActionFit Sweatproof Ultra Light Sports Headphones - In-Ear (New for 2013)
Offered by amy's Schätze

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't stay in my ears, 3 Nov. 2014
I brought for running but unfortunately don't stay in my ear regardless of which buds I use. Nice headphones for indoor use though but just not for what I planned to use them for.

Instant Blox - This Educational Puzzle/Building Blocks/Toy Can Make Up To 5000 Shapes/Designs/Models Suitable For All Ages Young and Old To Develop Their Creative Side
Offered by Concept2Commerce

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought for 3yr son, 3 Nov. 2014
Brought for my 3yr old son with speech and communication delay. We play a game where we instruct him which colour to use next which really helps him learn to listen. A really good educational toy and fun for parents to play with too. Thoroughly reccomend.

NUK First Choice+ 150ml Bottle with 0-6mths Latex Teat (1 pack)
NUK First Choice+ 150ml Bottle with 0-6mths Latex Teat (1 pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend nuk enough, 12 July 2014
My first son took a bottle top up from 3 weeks, would take any bottle. So when my second son was 3 weeks I cracked out the tommee tippee and was less than politely refused.
We tried many times, many teats, many bottles and eventually tried Nuk at 6 months. It wasn't instant.. A week of offering the bottle as the morning feed with no alternative and within the week he was consistently drinking 2-4oz (don't expect a bf to drink 6oz, their tummies aren't big enough to start with but they take more and more as time passes.
I can't recommend nuk enough.

Oh, teat size is different to other brands. My 7 month old can neck a 6oz bottle in 4-5 mins with a size 1, he refuses size 2 a nipple too wide.

LilyPadz Non Absorbent Breast Pads
LilyPadz Non Absorbent Breast Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars With realistic expectations they are amazing!, 23 Dec. 2013
Baby is 5 days old and these have been amazing. Last time when my milk came in I was soaking through dozens of pads and 4 bras a day. With Lily padz I am clean and dry and supply is still great.
I am just washing with soapy water and seems to do the job.
I am dubious they'll stay sticky for the 6-8months I want to feed for but to be honest if they only see me through the first few weeks then I'll be very happy.

One Step 25 x Highly Sensitive 10mIU Pregnancy Test Strips (tests up to 6 days earlier)
Offered by SME Fertility

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 Star, 29 Oct. 2010
Most reviews are down to opinions, some like, some don't. But pregnancy tests either work or they don't.
I used these and got negatives 3 days in a row after being due for period. I had 1 bright control line and no signs of another other line. A review on here made me question the reliability so I took a clearblue test and sure enough I was 1-2 weeks pregnant.
Maybe they work for some people, but not me.

First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers
First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers
by Loung Ung

5.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book by it's cover!, 28 April 2005
I travelled through SE Asia with 2 friends who both read this book while we were there. I kept looking at them holding the book with the harrowing title on the front cover and thinking 'why on earth would you read that? We've seen the museums, they were tough enough, why read something with such a traumatic title?' ... Then I read it.
Only about 100 pages and amazingly enthralling. The author is amazing, the editing is excellent as this story could easily have been spread out into 1000 pages. I don't want to enthuse too much about this book as one of the reasons I was so moved by it was that I had no expectations.
I wouldn't go as far as to say it changed my life. However, I think I have thought about the story at least once a month for the last 18 months since I read it. Not many books have affected me in that way.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2009 3:43 AM BST