Profile for Tim > Reviews

Cherry Stream XT - G85-23100GB-2
Offered by mopodo-uk
Price: 20.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb keyboard - unexpectedly so, 9 May 2012
A sentence I am surprised to be using: perhaps the best PC keyboard I have used. I type all day as part of my job, so small differences are noticeable. Most importantly, this is very quiet, almost inaudible to others when on the telephone. Resistance is low enough to be little effort, but there's sufficient feedback for confidence the key-press has registered. Am back at Amazon to buy a 2nd one for home, having been unexpectedly delighted with the one I bought for the office.

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen BACK (REAR) screen protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) Back protector - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x BACK protectors only)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 5 Jun 2011
This product is deserving of the other glowing reviews it has received. It is straightforward to apply, virtually invisible once on, and does not degrade the sensitivity of the touch-screen at all. I've been using it a few weeks now, and am very satisfied.

Clearing, Settlement and Custody (Securities Institute Operations Management)
Clearing, Settlement and Custody (Securities Institute Operations Management)
by David N. Loader
Price: 39.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, 29 April 2011
Unfortunately this book is very poorly written. Terms and concepts are not well explained or defined. It is more a loose collection of bullet points than an genuine explanation of the processes. When I was a newcomer to the industry, I found this book frustratingly difficult to extract useful information from.

Jump Ahead Year 2: Reading, Maths, Geography & More (PC)
Jump Ahead Year 2: Reading, Maths, Geography & More (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best educational software we've found, 29 April 2011
Our kids (aged six) really enjoy this. I'm delighted that they will sit and do mathematics (etc) for hours, by choice, for fun. It seems almost like cheating.

Note it doesn't work on Windows 7.