Profile for N.A.Calder > Reviews

Q Pootle 5 Giant Playing Cards Game
Q Pootle 5 Giant Playing Cards Game
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Idea. Could be a Better Product., 21 July 2014
Nice illustrations...pretty thin card for young children...will not last long..I was hoping they would be laminated and in a hard box as a treasure to keep and hand on.

The packet is thin too...came already damaged in the packet from Amazon.

Q Pootle 5 4-in-1 Shaped Jigsaw Puzzles
Q Pootle 5 4-in-1 Shaped Jigsaw Puzzles
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing quality., 21 July 2014
Long awaited Q Pootle 5 item...Sadly poor quality. Thin card jigsaw. These are for small children. .I was hoping for wooden pieces that one would keep for ever as a treasured toy.

We have waited for Q Pootle 5 toys ever since the first book was published.. My grandchildren love the books and series on TV and we watch them endlessly...Where are the characters and the space ships...and houses?...what a marketing opportunity being missed...The illustrations on the jigsaws are good...but the pieces will not last long.. The box they came in...nice, with a carrying handle..but three times the depth the jigsaws need.. If the child carries it around using the carrying handle all the jigsaws will be jumbled together in a moment....

Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the First., 28 Oct 2013
Its OK but it really did seem all crash bang wallop and not as clever or intricate as the first one..Not enough Benedict Cumberbatch..and the guys have like the ones in the original TV series all put on weight!!

Sakkas 754M Solid Embroidered Crochet Lace Trim Gypsy Bohemian Mid Length Cotton Skirt - Black / One Size
Offered by Sakka's
Price: 34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Skirt, 28 Oct 2013
They say Mid Length so I cant say that it is other than "as described"..however most of the photographs show the bottom of the skirt just over the models ankles...since I am only 5 ft I was assuming this would be pretty much full length on me...Since it arrived and is much shorter than I expected I look closer at the photographs and see the models have the skirt slung low on their hips giving it the appearance of being much longer than it is..the photo to this review is quite different and has the skirt sitting on the waist..I didn't see this one before...
So LOOK very closely at ALL the photos and never assume anything...

It came quickly and well packed,

Stealing Into Winter: Being the First Adventure from The Chronicles of Jeniche of Antar

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy Read, 11 April 2013
Having read all those glowing reviews I paid out the 7.20 for the Kindle version.It didn't take long to read and I am afraid I didn't find it very engaging. I love China Mieville and Neil Gaiman and this book was likened to China Mieville who's plots are extremely complicated with many characters and different storylines, and an amazing way out imagination... I don't see this book as anything like the above named author's apart from coming like them under the heading "Fantasy".

It seemed very like so many others, I felt I had read it before, something you would never get with a China Mieville book, and rather dull. I wasted too much money and won't do that again, would not have minded had it been 1.Sorry folks!

i Newspaper
i Newspaper
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is it??, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: i Newspaper (App)
Its not on my kindle so I hope I didn't pay for this!!!Must check my account!! These reviews are an imposition anyway.

The Times and Sunday Times (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Times and Sunday Times (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very successful so far, 10 Feb 2013
I am new to my kindle fire and not very happy with the ease of the whole thing...I want to take advantage of The Times and Sunday Times one month free trial...but it is still insisting that I sign up for monthly payments and I can not get beyond that...If I have to sign up to get the free trial then its a con where they hope I will not get around to stopping the thing at the end of the month.

Not pleased I am afraid..

Ferney
Ferney
by James Long
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Read, 21 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ferney (Paperback)
I only found this book when I read reviews for the new one! So had to start with Ferney, its a great read and very interesting historical facts and opinions, and made me think more about how they lived hundreds of years ago.

Its a great love story, I think most people would enjoy it...I had to just read it straight through I am afraid!!

Un Lun Dun
Un Lun Dun
by China Mieville
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Children's Book, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Un Lun Dun (Paperback)
I started reading this book to my two grand daughters as I have read all his adult books and also this one before starting it for the girls...its just so different and keeps them enthralled.
The 11 year old is not a keen reader but became hooked on this one and insisted on taking the book home to read herself, resulting in tears from the 8 year old who reminded me that she actually is the reader in the family!

So I had to get another copy for her to take home, I think she is a
little young really,to read it for herself but its on her bookshelf now and no doubt in time she will be encouraged to get started on it and will be as excited by the book too.

I think it really is interesting for children, different, and opens their eyes to the possibilities of other worlds and ideas, as well as giving people of my age the opportunity to talk of the clean air act and London smog, and why it happened...China Mieville brings together the fantastic and historical facts and possibilities. Buy it for your young ones!!

Animal London
Animal London
by Ianthe Ruthven
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book to Have in The Home, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Animal London (Paperback)
This is fun, a nice book to look at when you want to learn a bit more about our capital city, and when you visit if you have time to explore. My Grandchildren enjoyed it too and I am sure we will go back to it in the future.

Page: 1 | 2