Profile for T > Reviews

Content by T

T (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Money Meltdown: How To Destroy Your Wealth In Six Easy Steps And How To Avoid It!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave and Inspiring - a must-read, 9 Nov. 2015
Wow, Money Meltdown is a sobering yet a very inspiring read. The author, like so many others has gone through the titular meltdown of living through the boom and surviving the crash, with the ability to sit down and describe his experiences, and that is no mean feat. He uses his book not only to describe his own experiences but to offer some advice and provide a cautionary and somewhat allegorical tale to those who will listen. It takes courage to face ones mistakes in glorious technicolour and what’s more, to document them for the world to see and no doubt judge. The author is brave - read this book, and give it to everyone you know!!

College Can Wait!: The reluctant student's guide to gap years, resume-building, travel, internships, and figuring out what you really want

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, invaluable to anyone deciding what's after school!, 15 Oct. 2015
Ah finally a book that presents an alternative to university!! Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer that college is brilliant for lots of people for lots of reasons, I went to Uni myself, BUT it's not for everyone! There is very little out there for the people who feel it isn't for them, and finally this book fills that gap. It is a little US centric but that's ok, it gives great pointers for people to think of options no matter where they live. Working travel trips are well covered and provide loads of food for thought as well as practical tips and links.
For those who are not into travelling but want to jump straight into world of work this book also gives a more practical suggestion - start with work! Figure out your interest, try it out through internships or maybe an apprenticeship , THEN maybe study if that is appropriate...dont just rush into a college degree with a vague idea that you might like it. Internships and apprenticeships are well detailed in this book, getting their own chapter full of information. In general a great little book, practical, kind and something that could make a real difference to a student really not feeling the love for college yet not knowing where to turn next. Also worth a read for parents who might be fretting about their brave NOT college kids!

15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Where has this been all my procrastinating life :-), 12 Oct. 2015
Wow, I love this book!! 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management by Kevin Kruse has been a revelation. Finally I am understanding better why my to do list isn't working, and why those goals are making me feel worse instead of like I am getting places...thank you kevin kruse... From now, it's MIT all the way :-) I love the way there are direct quotes from inspirational people, really helpful to get an insight into how the billionaires and sports people of the subtitle operate. Also love that the author relates strategies back to CEOs, SAHMs and anyone in between... Lots more to note in this book.. Can't get enough of it, off to re-read again!

Positively Perfect: How to Love and Utilize Your Perfectionist Qualities
Positively Perfect: How to Love and Utilize Your Perfectionist Qualities

5.0 out of 5 stars A positively perfect read :-), 6 Oct. 2015
Positively Perfect by Claudia Svartefoss turned out to be quite a revelation!! I stumbled upon it as I was looking for more of a "dealing" with perfectionism book... So was quite delighted to see a more positive portrayal of something that I have been fighting against and naming as a flaw for most of my career !!
This book was an easy read, I really liked the engaging chatty style of this author, I felt like I was with a friend, listening to some good advice :-)

There are so many parts that really spoke to me, it reminded me at times of "the power of now" in places due to the emphasis on the fact that your beliefs make something what is it... You believe it's a flaw, then it is, you believe it's a blessing and a positive trait...then it is. Just accept it in the moment and go from there.
This is a quote that I noted down on the subject of 'failure', this is so true, and just a matter of re-framing : "What we must learn is that there is no failure. It doesn’t exist. Nor do mistakes nor problems. They are simply information about what not to do, what is not wanted, what is not best for us"

My favourite quote though was this : "Instead of fighting against being a perfectionist, allow yourself to benefit from the specific qualities and abilities perfectionism brings in your life. Set your own standards and pursue them knowing this environment will back you up in every moment. Choose to focus positively, and enjoy your journey." YES !!

The book has a great Glossary at the end which I loved, it actually prompted me to go back to a couple of sections and re read them. Overall a great read in a lovely style, and plenty of take-aways for this not so reluctant perfectionist!!

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) (The Miracle Morning Book Series 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and easy read, 6 Sept. 2015
Loved the conversational style, loved the simple tips and strategies, loved the way Hal makes it so doable !! Only just read it so don't have results to share yet, but it's really positive and motivating, and I am feeling very content and confident that I am going to make some changes :)

New Slumbersac Blue Stars Sleeping Bag. 12-36 months, 2.5 tog.
New Slumbersac Blue Stars Sleeping Bag. 12-36 months, 2.5 tog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Mar. 2015
Perfect items, really long for tall kiddies so I'm delighted, really fast shipping too :)

FitFlop FF Supertone Chocolate Mukluk Womens Sheepskin Boots 041-030-UK 7
FitFlop FF Supertone Chocolate Mukluk Womens Sheepskin Boots 041-030-UK 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
Brilliant, so hard wearing, super comfortable. Worth the money

Belkin Aluminium Desktop Loft Stand for Macbook and Laptop
Belkin Aluminium Desktop Loft Stand for Macbook and Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
Great item, fits MacBook air perfectly, shipped really quickly.

Fitwear  Mukluk Boots Womens  Black Schwarz/Black Size: 5 (38 EU)
Fitwear Mukluk Boots Womens Black Schwarz/Black Size: 5 (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots EVER :), 3 Dec. 2010
Having bought these in autumn I wore them now and then and found them so comfy and warm. But with the recent 'cold' snap, these boots have proved invaluable. With temps overnight of -5 to -8 and snow to trek through each morning, these have been excellent - they have stayed in perfect nick despite being through the snow each morning, have kept me warm and snug, have given me great grip on the ice and whats more have toned my thighs as I've been wearing them all day and all evening for the last week :) - worth every last penny - I wouldnt have survived the freeze without them !!

FitFlop Walkstar Fuchsia Leisure Sandals
FitFlop Walkstar Fuchsia Leisure Sandals

5.0 out of 5 stars The hype is correct!, 15 Aug. 2010
I resisted fit flops for years, thinking they must be over rated, but thankfully I finally gave in recently...OMG, these are the most comfy footwear of any sort that I have EVER worn. No breaking in, no blisters, extremely comfy, no feeling sharp stone thru thin soled flip flops - bliss...and a gentle ache in my legs when I get to bed each night tells me they might just be doing something good. Cant believe I wasted all that time without having them :) I wear them ALL day long and am dreading winter...however I see there is a fit flop trainer available now - I am so there!!

Page: 1 | 2