Profile for Gill Jansingh > Reviews

I Belong To You
I Belong To You
Offered by mrtopseller

1.0 out of 5 stars I Belong To You, 4 April 2013
This review is from: I Belong To You (Audio CD)
Sorry not one I can get into, she is currently touring with Alfie Boe and tried to get inspired previous to the concert. Although she has written most of the songs, I found it off-putting that most of them are about one private period in her life and therefore found myself switching off. The only song, written by her, that I liked was 'You Are Not Right For Me'. Unfortunately her version of I Dreamed A Dream was sadly lacking to others. She does have a distinctive voice and perhaps with a CD of more varied topic she would actually become someone I would enjoy. It is just not for me, I tried but have failed to find this to be a CD I put on much. I do think she could have the opportunity to become quite a name, but it is going to take more than this CD to impress me.

Glorious
Glorious

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious Review, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Glorious (Audio CD)
Having seen Laura live last year when she joined Alfie Boe for his concert tour as both support act and performing duets with him, I put Glorious on my want list. Recently I had the opportunity to purchase it and as I thought the complete CD is divine. Laura has a voice that is quite unique and has become the voice of the England Rugby Team this year. Her pronounciation is so clear and each song has its own interpretation, she tells the story of each of her songs in only a way I have found she can. On Glorious she sings with so much feeling her songs' topics become so believable. Glorious takes the listener on so many journeys with her that it definately a CD to raise your spirits whilst also listening to a such a brilliant voice. Her choice of songs are not, as with some young singers, all deviations of the same theme. She takes big numbers and provides stunning performances 100%.