Profile for cee > Reviews

The Great British Sewing Bee
by Tessa Evelegh
Price: 10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars No patterns, 23 April 2013
A real shame, I loved the programme and the book itself is very nice but I fail to understand why they - when magazines such as Burda and Threads do - couldn't have included patterns for all their projects at least to trace. Now you either have to download A4 size pattern pieces (a pain), draw them yourself onto squared paper (if you can find any) or PAY to get the patters???? Now that's a rip-off, just glad I paid 10 and not 20 pounds for the book. Patterns for project should just be included.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2014 10:29 AM GMT

What Will I Do with All Those Courgettes?
What Will I Do with All Those Courgettes?
by Elaine Borish
Price: 7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 22 Sep 2012
I had heard and read so much about this book and as I too get too many courgettes I looked forward to receiving it. On opening it, it didn't do anything for me, it seemed almost the same again and again, I find better recipes browsing the web. What I really missed was imaginative new ways of using courgettes.

Bumble the Brave Kitten: In association with Cats Protection
Bumble the Brave Kitten: In association with Cats Protection
by Samantha Hay
Price: 4.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 17 July 2012
I bought this book because I have a rescue cat. I mostly bought the book because I figure that some of the cost will go towards Cats Protection a cause that I support. It's a quick read, and very suitable for 10-12 year olds and anyone else that likes really cute stories.