Profile for Student120 > Reviews

Content by Student120

Student120 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Q&A Commercial Law 2013-2014 (Questions and Answers)
Q&A Commercial Law 2013-2014 (Questions and Answers)
by Jo Reddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 April 2014
Very helpful book, mine was an open book exam so I could take this in with me, which seems ridiculous as if the questions are kind this basically covers everything apart from assignment.

iGloo Slim Clear Gel Cover Case Skin Fits The Apple iPod Nano 7th Generation - Black
Offered by iGloo Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good value, 26 April 2014
Very good product for the money, I just use it when its not in my running armband and suspect that it is very protective. My only gripe is that it's quite an effort to get it out of the case once in so if your looking to do that maybe look elsewhere.

26 PACK Replacement Earphone Black Earpads for Sennheiser MX Model Earbuds - Will Fit Most Headphone Foam Ear Pad Cushion Covers From Gadget Zoo
Offered by Welecom pro-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacements, 26 April 2014
The problem with the headphones that these cater for is that they seem to eat through these earbuds at least one pair a month and they are incredibly uncomfortable without them, these just about fit, I tore about 5 before I got a pair on, but overall good value replacements.

Dazzling Diamante Handcuffs with Pink Furry Trim. Novelty Hen Party / Fancy Dress Item
Offered by Xtras Online

2.0 out of 5 stars They weren't for me..., 26 April 2014
Bought this for a cheap Secret Santa, they are as they appear. If anyone wants actual use out of them I suspect they are poor, they fit round no human wrist and a baby could snap the plastic chain which hooks onto the cuffs rather than being connected.

XCSOURCE Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for iPhone iPod Dock CN20B
XCSOURCE Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for iPhone iPod Dock CN20B

2.0 out of 5 stars Compatibility???, 26 April 2014
Bought this for use with my Stereo and also my iPod dock, Stereo is a relatively new Sony and my iPod dock is an older Creative product. Neither worked, this adapter seems incredibly picky about what it works with, you need a device that is relatively new to charge it which is straightforward but then you have to work out whether it will actually play music which seems a gamble. All my Apple products (new iPad and iPod) connected to it easily but none would play music. For £7 I'd recommend buying it and giving it a try, you can always return it to Amazon for incompatibility reasons if it doesn't work. It seems relatively well made and solid and is very small and discreet, the light on top is annoying however, and it constantly flashes blue or red when not paired and a steady red in my case when paired. With a little more information this could be a great product for those handful of people who have a compatible dock!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hi-Fi, not without its faults, 23 April 2013
This Hi-Fi system is one of the best out there if you're looking at a mid-range £100-£200 system. It looks and feels very well built, I was a bit worried about whether it was going to be plasticky and the iPod dock flimsy but not to worry as it turns out the plastic fascia looks great and feels exceptionally well put together. The speakers in particular look very high quality.

The iPod dock is not without its faults, to operate it you pull it out and it comes down and clicks into place. You have to pull a small switch forward to release this lock before folding the dock away which is fine as long as you remember it's there which I know may not be the case at parties etc. My impression is that it wouldn't stand up to even one instance of forgetfulness and would in all likelihood break if put under any sort of pressure. I'm not sure how this would effect the dock, and whether it would still close or not - guess I'll have to wait to find out! One other aspect of the dock which I wasn't very pleased with was the supplied adapters that can be slotted in to suit various iPod/iPhone models. I put one in and found out that it couldn't accommodate my iPod Classic so tried to take it out but to my alarm it had clicked PERMANENTLY into place and had no easy means by which to remove it. In the end I had to chip a bit away from it with a KNIFE and try to lever it up!

The sound is not something I profess to be an expert on but it sounds excellent to me with a wide variety of music, from R&B to classical. With the 'DSGX' on it sounds really great, frankly I don't know why it even has an option to turn this DSGX function off as everything sounds far more full bodied, bassy, and dynamic with it on and somewhat lackluster without it. There are options to boost treble and bass to your taste, you can set them anywhere between -4 and +4 which provides a good range of options. DAB sound quality is excellent even with the supplied antennae which the manual rather perplexingly describes as "temporary" until a separate aerial is purchased.

The controls are fine although the iPod controls on the unit itself and on the remote control worked far better on my iPod classic than an iPod touch for obvious reasons. As mentioned elsewhere there is no headphone jack although wireless headphones can be used via the USB port and a Bluetooth adapter if that's a big issue for you. The unit has useful functions that you'd expect such as a sleep timer and also a play timer which can act as a very proficient alarm if it's in a bedroom. Finally one last really annoying feature of the unit is its power cord that is only about 130cm at a guess and it goes straight into the back of the unit meaning that you have to use it. Therefore unless you can't move for plugs you're probably going to need an extension lead.

In summary I would not hesitate to recommend this product at the price I bought it at, £99, It's got a very good high quality sound and is for the most part exceptionally well built. However, when the price goes above £150 I might think twice and wait for it to come down to a more reasonable price of £100-£120.

Text, Cases and Materials on Contract Law
Text, Cases and Materials on Contract Law
by Richard Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Contract book, can almost replace a textbook., 23 April 2013
I have spent many words and many minutes in other reviews referring people to this book. It is the perfect companion to a good Contract textbook and could almost stand in for one if you've got good library facilities to borrow a textbook when needed. It's function is essentially to gather all the useful extracts of cases and journals that you need for the start of excellent mooting preparation, essay writing, and those extra exam bits that get you a first. However, it also contains all the useful qualities of a textbook explaining the law and setting cases in context.

Lecturers will continually tell you to "read this case it's very important" and if you dutifully read a 50 page case every time you hear this much hated sentence then you will soon become a very unhappy person indeed. This book solves that problem by giving you hefty extracts of all the important cases without the benefit of some of their Lordship's more thankless musings. I used this method and ended up with a first in my essay and in the exam so it can't do too much harm!

I'm fortunate enough to be taught by one of the authors, Prof James Devenney and you can tell when reading the book that he has managed to translate his great enthusiasm and titanic knowledge of the subject onto the pages. It's written in a genuinely engaging way that makes it a pleasure to use when researching essays and the like, admittedly not quite bedtime reading but in my opinion as readable as it's possible to make a contract materials book. I thoroughly recommend it.

Anson's Law of Contract
Anson's Law of Contract
by Jack Beatson FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars The book I wish I'd bought, 23 April 2013
This wasn't one of my set books for contract law, I was unfortunate enough to be set Contract Law (Palgrave Macmillan Law Masters) , PLEASE see my review on that if you are even considering it. This book was so much more helpful when I was preparing moots and researching essays, pair it with Text, Cases and Materials on Contract Law to really complete the contract dream team. Everything is laid out clearly and with the essential sub-headings and shaded boxes that make law textbooks readable. While it is very manageable it doesn't go the whole hog and have dozens of diagrams and the like dotted around for the benefit of those who prefer to see theories etc in front of them (if this sounds good see Chen-Wishart's Contract Law), personally this just depresses me.

One word of warning however would be to attempt to find out when the new edition will be released. At the time of writing this 29th edition was published in August 2010, almost 3 years ago, which in law textbook edition time is virtually a millennium. Granted, Contract Law doesn't age as badly as something like Family Law but neither does it have the painfully immortal qualities of something like Land Law.

Law Express: Criminal Law (Revision Guide)
Law Express: Criminal Law (Revision Guide)
by Emily Finch

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Law Express revision guides, 23 April 2012
I was very impressed with this book, I used it straight after I'd finished my Constitutional and Administrative law revision and found it to be so much better. It's really because criminal centres far more on problem questions as opposed to essays. This contrasts starkly to C+A which is predominately essay based. This criminal revision guide is good at giving you an almost step by step guide to answering problem questions. It also has a surprising amount of material for answering essay questions, law commission reports and such chiefly, but also a sometimes perplexing amount of info on the old law. As is a common theme with this series it doesn't contain every case you need and I suspect that if you only used this book you could expect no higher than a 2:2 in the exam. Nevertheless I would recommend it 100% as an excellent centre point to structure your revision around. I found it best to use in combination with a good textbook to flesh out the content of the revision guide a bit - Criminal Law: Text, Cases, and Materials is one of the best.

Andrew Marr's History of Modern Britain [DVD] [2007]
Andrew Marr's History of Modern Britain [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Andrew Marr

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Marr at his best, 20 April 2012
Andrew Marr is up to his usual amazing standard of insightful, gripping, and thought provoking history packaged in such a way so that anyone can watch it and enjoy it. Watch it in conjunction with Britain 1945-2007 (Access to History)for one of the most bearable and productive A level history revision sessions you will ever have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3