Profile for Branks > Reviews

Content by Branks

Branks (London)

Sell Me This Stylus: How to think like a buyer, close more sales, in less time and for more money

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing look at the subject - great read., 12 Jan. 2016
There’s no shortage of reference material for salespeople and sometimes I feel like I’ve read all of it. That said I gave this a shot on a recommendation from a friend and I’m very glad I did. This is a very straightforward, organised and effective way to approach sales. You can tell it was written by someone who knows what he’s talking about. I’ve incorporated the approach into my day to day and will be sharing the most successful techniques with my friends and colleagues.

Rockport City Smart Cap Toe, Men Oxford, Black (Black Leather), 9 UK (43 EU)
Rockport City Smart Cap Toe, Men Oxford, Black (Black Leather), 9 UK (43 EU)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad batch - be warned, 23 Mar. 2015
I have been buying Rockports for years. The last two pairs of these I bought however the sole cracked after month. Cracks in the exact same spot on both pairs. Bad batch but its over a month so I cant get replacements on either. Wrote to them about this and got no response. Poor form. Loved Rockports but now will not buy them again.

With Malice toward None: The Life of Abraham Lincoln
With Malice toward None: The Life of Abraham Lincoln
by Stephen B. Oates

5.0 out of 5 stars The man in the stovepipe hat, 21 Feb. 2011
Id heard that this book was immensely readble due to its "storytelling" format. 100% correct. At times it reads like someone talking in the pub which is great. Excellent biography on a great (and flawed) man.

The Change We Choose: Speeches 2007-2009
The Change We Choose: Speeches 2007-2009
by Gordon Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars I dont remember choosing this guy, 8 April 2010
In rural Columbia there are poor, old women who go out collecting discarded crisp packets from the side of the highway. They take the crisp packets back to their shacks and fashion womens handbags out of them. These handbags are then sold in the developed world in a noble effort to alleviate poverty.

Why couldnt Gordon Brown do that instead of publishing this ridiculous book?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2010 9:49 AM BST

Margaret Thatcher: Grocer's Daughter to Iron Lady
Margaret Thatcher: Grocer's Daughter to Iron Lady
by John Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 19 Feb. 2010
This is a really good book about Margaret Thatcher. She was great. They called her the Iron Lady even though she wasnt really made out of iron.

I had a dream the other day that she really was made out of iron. She kicked in the door to parliament and when David Cameron came running up for a hug, she vaporised him with her lasers (which obviously shot out of her eyes).

She then went around crushing all the other politicians into little squares like they do with cars. Then she kicked them with her giant iron leg and then went flying off somewhere. Like France.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2010 6:43 PM GMT

Sweet About Me
Sweet About Me
Offered by Music-Finder

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the greatest song ever made, 5 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Sweet About Me (Audio CD)
This song is just so beautiful, it really gets me pumped and I love it to bits.
My colleagues at the office think it's a bit much that it's played about twenty times a day on a sure advert, but they're just a bunch of silly billies!
If I had to use just one word to describe this song it would be, "awesome".
If I had to score it, it would get infinity.

New 2009 Confidence II Leather Golf Shoes - White/ Black - 9
New 2009 Confidence II Leather Golf Shoes - White/ Black - 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 17 Sept. 2009
Remember when you'd be reading Archie magazines when you were a kid and Archie and Jughead would be wearing those shoes that were black and white? I asked my grandmother what they were called and she said "wing tips".
So I bought these because they looked like that.
It also means I can play golf in them.
Two birds, one stone.

An Appeal to Reason: A Cool Look at Global Warming
An Appeal to Reason: A Cool Look at Global Warming
by Nigel Lawson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 12 Jun. 2009
As someone who loves Global Warming, I was sad to learn through this book that its a load of rubbish.
Except when I say that to my friends, they kind of gloss over and start rambling on about "Offset your emmissions", "You can't hug your children with nuclear arms" and "Only you can prevent forest fires"
Seems the climate changes all the time. Also turns out theres loads of people whose livelyhoods depend on making us think we're all doomed. Im not saying dont take care of the planet, just ask a few questions is all.

Garden Birds (Collins Gem)
Garden Birds (Collins Gem)
by Stephen Moss

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 Jun. 2009
Garden Birds are great. I mean you go out in the garden and there they are.
What are they called?
Buy this book and find out!
Go Garden Birds!