Profile for maisydaisy > Reviews

maisydaisy

Revolutions // Live At Wembley
Revolutions // Live At Wembley
Price: 7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars The best music I've heard for some time!! Buy this it could change your life!!, 20 July 2014
Although I'd had this cd/dvd some time I didn't really play them until I'd seen Biffy at T in the Park, where they were awesome. I watched the dvd first and it's amazing. I wish I had been there when this was recorded, these guys know how to party. They are all about singing/playing their hearts out for the fans. I love that they can change from massively loud to exquisitely quiet and the filming and production on this show is superb. Although I love the whole thing, loud or quiet, for me the little nugget of gold is the quiet section of folding stars/diary of always/machines. Because it's so different to the rest of the show it stopped me in my tracks and is so beautiful I almost stopped breathing. For anyone who has had a loss of any kind and not really dealt with it these three songs can be cathartic and were like a floodgate opening. Having said that, if you are going along that path you should make sure you are somewhere private so you can sit on the floor and howl. Another great thing about their music is that it's made me return to playing guitar after many years of looking at it gathering dust.... I bought music for some of the songs and feel alive again after such a long time of not!!!! I will be buying MUCH more Biffy.

Wms Benson II Jkt Classic R/Na 10
Wms Benson II Jkt Classic R/Na 10
Offered by Trekwear
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A good warm coat with some slight adaptation, 9 Jan 2014
I love this coat!! It's as warm as toast with some changes made to the fleece. The fleece that comes with this coat is a bit on the thin side so I changed it for a thicker one I already had. After that it was just fine and still a good price as the coat itself is really well made as you would expect from regatta.

The Great War in 3D: A Book Plus a Stereoscopic Viewer, Plus 35 3D Photos of Men in Battle, 1914-1918
by Jean-Pierre Verney
Price: 14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful package, 9 Jan 2014
I bought this with some reservation as I wasn't quite sure what I would receive. I was looking for an inexpensive stereoscopic viewer and wasn't expecting such a good product. The viewer works fine and is fascinating. The book that accompanies it is far better that I thought it would be as it is packed with history and further photographs. It would be an excellent gift for someone interested in the First World war and also for someone who hasn't experience using a viewer. I would highly recommend it.

BIGFOOT Mens Thermal Heat Holder Socks Size 12-14 Uk, (Black)
BIGFOOT Mens Thermal Heat Holder Socks Size 12-14 Uk, (Black)
Offered by Pashion Boutique uk
Price: 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 Jan 2014
I know from previous purchase that these socks are very long lasting and VERY warm. The person I bought them for was delighted and asked for more a year later.

The Sunne in Splendour
The Sunne in Splendour
by Sharon Kay Penman

5.0 out of 5 stars Casting Richard III in a better light., 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Sunne in Splendour (Paperback)
Having read two books by Sharron Penman already I had some idea of what to expect but somehow this was even better. I found this to be a really poignant book and even though I finished it a couple of weeks ago I still find myself thinking about it. I have quite an interest in Richard IIIrd and this book has fuelled that interest even more. The author has an amazing talent of setting the scene in such a way that you can feel that you are in the room as the action takes place. Although this has nearly 900 pages I would have happily read more. She makes the characters seem so real and I was sad to reach the end. For anyone who hasn't read any of her books beware!! You will need a box of tissues nearby especially near the end of each book as it can feel like losing friends. A very gifted author and I look forward to reading more of her books.

Mid Air
Mid Air
Price: 12.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive listening, tender and beautiful., 25 May 2012
This review is from: Mid Air (Audio CD)
I can't remember the last time I waited in anticipation for a new realease the way I have for Mid Air. When it arrived I found myself feeling really nervous. Half of me was eager to hear it and the other half was desperate for it to be good.

I made myself wait for several hours before I played it and oh boy was it worth the wait. I hadn't intended to listen to it in the dark it just happened that way but somehow it added to the beauty of it.

Such tender emotion in his voice, gentle lyrics like poetry, combined with stunningly beautiful music. Songwriting at it's best. This is such an intimate album there are moments when it feels like he is singing just to you. As I listened I was completely captivated by the images he sings about, lines like 'for the starlight in my suitcase' just finished me off and I spent most of the first hearing in tears.

I've listened to nothing else since I got this and find it quite addictive as snatches of songs creep into my head all day long. It is a lovely addiction and not one I plan to give up for some time.

A Walk Across The Rooftops
A Walk Across The Rooftops
Offered by Tracksounds-es
Price: 4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Still amazing after all this time!, 12 May 2012
I found this gem after seeing Paul Buchanan on Jools. His voice was so amazing I looked around to see what else he had done. I bought High first which has some beautiful songs on too, especially Toledo and High but somehow I like this more.

I found myself thinking how did I not know about the Blue Nile but somehow they got under my radar!!

I've spent years listening to REM and have not strayed far for many a year but when they dis-banded last year I had to find a replacement for 'that voice'. I think I found 'this voice' instead.

Each track is so well produced and to my ears doesn't sound dated at all. I can't stop playing it and hear something new every time.

The songs are quite individual and I won't give a track by track review except to say that Easter Parade should come with a health warning for anyone feeling the slightest bit sad. I was reduced to floods of tears at the first listening and aim to be lying down on the floor the next time I play it.

If you like a very individual kind of music buy this!!

Regatta Cathie Women's Fleece - Dark Cerise, Size 10
Regatta Cathie Women's Fleece - Dark Cerise, Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect fleece, 20 Oct 2011
This is a really good fleece. I spent a long time looking at reviews of other fleeces before I found this and I am delighted. It's a beautiful colour and a really good fit and unlike so many others it actually covers my bum!!(vital if you are working outdoors in cold weather). I've bought Regatta stuff before and always found it to be good quality. I would recommend this to anyone trying to decide what to buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2013 5:51 PM GMT