Profile for rachellmccann > Reviews

Content by rachellmccann

"rachellmccann"

Under Armour Coldgear Women's Fitted Mock Long Sleeve Running Top White White/Metal Size:M

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 1 Mar. 2016
Love it so much I've ordered another. I wear it for curling when I need some insulation but not too warm when sweeping. I'm tall and a size 10/12, bought a medium and it fits fine. Warning though the sleeves are long and I've got long arms !! Particularly like the long body that stays tucked in and it washes well. Very pleased.

Step-By-Step : Tai Chi :
Step-By-Step : Tai Chi :
by Master Lam Kam Chuen

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for beginners, 4 Nov. 2003
For a complete beginner like me who wasn't able to get to any classes this book is very good. It explains all the exercises first to ensure you don't injure yourself by jumping in feet first! My only criticism would be some of the more complex moves of the actual form aren't described as well as they could be, and sometimes the arrows on the diagrams are a little confusing. But a second read of the page usually enlightens you!
Definately a good starting point for someone wanting to get into Tai Chi

Robin Hood [Disney] [DVD]
Robin Hood [Disney] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brian Bedford
Offered by Themusicmaestro

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU DISNEY!, 4 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Robin Hood [Disney] [DVD] (DVD)
I had this film on video when I was a kid, and it was my favourite disney film EVER! Now, aged 19 - I still love disney and pixar films and have loads of the new ones on DVD like Monsters Inc and Bug's Life. I was overjoyed to see that Disney were re-releasing all the old films on DVD, especially when i saw my favourite appear on amazon.
Buy if you loved it as a kid, buy it if you've got kids, buy it if you're a big kid! Its such as brilliant film that just makes you want to smile :-D

Why Wars Happen (Globalities)
Why Wars Happen (Globalities)
by Professor Jeremy Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, concise yet detailed, 22 Oct. 2002
Perfect as an introduction to the study of warfare, in my case, beginning a university module of warfare in the 19th Century. Jeremy Black examines warfare in a systematic manner, firstly split into periods and then further into cross-cultural, inter-cultural and civil wars, making it easy to read and to comprehend. The work is perhaps a little narrow, due to its emphasis on cultural factors, however as an introduction it is an excellent and useful work. Very useful for students and academics.

Open Secret: The Autobiography of the Former Director-General of MI5
Open Secret: The Autobiography of the Former Director-General of MI5
by Stella Rimington

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're expecting James Bond - dont bother., 3 Feb. 2002
Unlike several reviewers buying this book I didn't expect the inner secrets of MI5 to be revealed....I expected to read about an ordinary woman who ended up living an extraordinary life. And I wasn't disappointed. I found it an interesting account of how the establishment has changed over the past few decades from the point of view of someone who just happened to be there. A good read

The Rivals: The Intimate Story of a Political Marriage
The Rivals: The Intimate Story of a Political Marriage
by James Naughtie

5.0 out of 5 stars a fascinating insight into the 2 men who run the country, 13 Jan. 2002
whether you're a student of political history like me or just someone who is interested in our government this book is a must. Blair and Brown have one of the closest political relationships ever seen - or so it seems. This book shows how they work as a partnership and how two men so different can be so close. an absolutely fascinating read......BUY IT

The Best Of Monty Python's Flying Circus [VHS] [1969]
The Best Of Monty Python's Flying Circus [VHS] [1969]
VHS
Offered by hessleoldbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest thing I have ever seen, 17 Aug. 2001
being just 17 I wasn't around to see the Monty Python series but became a fan after seeing the Holy Grail film on TV. I have since seen all the films and bought many albums. This box set completes any Python's collection. Its got all the classic sketches we know and love - Ministry of Silly Walks, Lumberjack Song. Plus many I had never seen before, Ideal Twit Exhibition, Woody and Tinny words and the Spam sandwich shop. This is a must even if you've seen them all before and especially if you haven't! The whole team should be knighted to recognise the genius that is Monty Python. I loved it....so will you.