Profile for Brian of Nazareth > Reviews

Content by Brian of Nazareth

Brian of Nazareth

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High-Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Feb. 2015

Skins A400 Long Men's Compression Tights - Black/Yellow, M
Skins A400 Long Men's Compression Tights - Black/Yellow, M
Offered by For Runners By Runners

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found, 17 Dec. 2013
I've tried several compression running tights and these seem to be the best. They're comfortable but active and I'd like to think they're helping, especially when I'm protecting an injury. Neat pocket just fits an iphone or ipod.

The Set-up
The Set-up
by Felix Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a boy thing - really great, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Set-up (Paperback)
This book got my teenage son back into reading books. Like most fifteen year olds, he hadn't read much, apart from school books, in years. But after I enjoyed The set Up myself, I knew he'd love it. It's a great, fast-moving, edge-of-seat thriller. It's a boy thing. He now reads books for enjoyment regularly.

Among the Hoods: My Years with a Teenage Gang
Among the Hoods: My Years with a Teenage Gang

4.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 27 Sept. 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It certainly makes you think. It is a searing and persuasive indictment of our education and social care systems. More importantly, it makes you rethink the way we demonise gang members and the underclass in general. You come away feeling that young criminals in gangs are just as much victims as the people they rob. It is almost inevitable that kids born into certain situations will end up in jail. There's no point judging them on our irrelevant criteria, or being morally outraged. That's simply to misunderstand the reality of their lives. If I had to be really picky, I would say i) occasionally the sociological analysis tends to rear its head in a way that jars with the story and ii) the author is a bit too keen to point out her own (clearly very laudable) role in the narrative. But overall, enjoyable and though-provoking.