Profile for Michael Owens > Reviews

Content by Michael Owens

Michael Owens "MrXile" (Runcorn)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gravity - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Gravity - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ George Clooney

5.0 out of 5 stars Gravity Regained., 13 Mar 2014
Great film, perfect bluray with a great picture, the 3D is amazing, and not over the top, its immersive and adds to the story.
Watch this with surround sound for the optimal viewing experience.

It's amazing!

10/10!

professional lighting Studio strobe flash kit with 750W=3*250 W flashlight + 3*Light stand + 3* soft box + 1*Trigger + 1*receiver + barn door + black & &green&white Cotton Muslin Backdrop + background support system
Offered by bpsltduk

1.0 out of 5 stars Woeful., 13 Mar 2014
I bought this in October 13, and told the company I bought it from that it would be weeks, if not months, before I could actually set this item up fully, in my newly acquired studio.

Well, its now March 2014, and I have finally set it up. Three out of the Three lights..... all not working.
The softboxes, are quite cheaply put together, and I would assume, the frame will break if opened/closed often.

The stand for the muslin, very cheap, and not that sturdy at all!

I have emailed twice also, without reply.

I am hoping this review, will push Amazon to intervene and as well BPS to reply!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2014 4:39 AM BST

The Abyss Play Exclusive [DVD]
The Abyss Play Exclusive [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not Abys(s)mal., 7 Feb 2014
Great classic sci-fi film from Cameron.
Great movie with an uplifting outcome.

All I need now, is a remastered Bluray version! :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 6:09 PM GMT

Love My Fashions High Neck Aztec Print Unisex Onesie - Black - 4XL
Love My Fashions High Neck Aztec Print Unisex Onesie - Black - 4XL
Offered by Love My Fashions

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 7 Feb 2014
Great item, excellent quality. Quickly delivered.
Couldn't ask for more. Little tight around the crotch, but I am 6`2"!

Thank you!

Navy Adult XXL - Luzia New Womens Adult Mens Unisex Aztec Print Ladies Hoody Jumpsuit Onesie
Offered by Uptown Girl Fashion

2.0 out of 5 stars XXL not big enough., 31 Jan 2014
Firstly, the item was not as described. It's advertised here by the picture as being Navy in colour, with a RED topping, and aztec design. It arrived, and yes, it was Navy, and Aztec design was present, but no red whatsoever.

I had to buy this one as it was the ONLY one sold as XXL, and after reading reviews, was under the assumption that this would be sufficient for the tall 6`2" muscular man that I am (sorry).

But its short, and very tight. If there is anyone of a smaller nature body wise, but tall - I would suggest shopping elsewhere, at a vendor that sells bigger than XXL, as XXL sounds big, but in fact, its not big enough.

Shame, as I really liked the design.

Cẹl is ̉rain (Music & Song)
Cẹl is ̉rain (Music & Song)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music., 8 Dec 2013
I often listen to this music (albeit on my iPhone) when I need to just sit back and chill. The music contained in this album is not only relaxing, but for me, the combination of a lovely voice, with music from the harp is a killer combination.

The songs you can tell, have meaning - and the artist really cared about this music, and you can tell.

Sim City (PC DVD)
Sim City (PC DVD)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Sham (EA not Amazon), 8 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sim City (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Guess what? If you'd love to experience the nonstop thrills and excitement of SimCity, then please remove £30 from your bank and promptly pay someone to kick you repeatedly in the friggin' mouth.

I find it incredibly mind boggling that I spent money on something that I can't even log into to play. My first city that I spent some time on was lost forever due to server issues at EA. Oh, and forget trying to get a quick game in when your server (where your save resides) is either full or busy. I only wanted to play a quick game, completely solo, and am forced to wait and wait and wait and wait. And don't believe the 20-30 min timer. Sometimes even that is incorrect.

Shame on you EA. For the last ten years I have watched you slowly turn this industry into a wasteland. And now your latest attempt in trying to stick to your corporate policy of crushing anything that closely resembles the human spirit, you have turned SimCity into a thirty minute countdown and server status app. Awesome.

I spent this money because I still wanted to support Maxis. After all, I grew up with a lot of Maxis games that I absolutely loved. Still do. But this? This is probably one of the dumbest things EA and Maxis could have ever done. If it's possible for me to even get a refund, I want it. We're only really paying for a product key that lets us use completely unusable servers. Invalidate the key and refund money. So, EA. Do you plan on letting any of us honest people actually play this game?

Avoid this game. Until EA either removes the DRM completely or allows offline play and saves, this game is nothing more than an example on how a company can both rip off AND alienate its fanbase.

Vote with your wallets, people. We have the power to change or bring down companies if they refuse to change. We have that power.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2013 3:44 AM GMT

Troy - Premium Collection Steelbook (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Troy - Premium Collection Steelbook (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bluray., 6 Jan 2013
Quite clearly a great looking transfer, beautiful to look at, and just the same with the audio.
Well worth the cheap price it currently is (£9.99)

PS. If anyone is wondering, this is REGION FREE. ** REGION FREE **

Video codec: VC-1
Video resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 2.40:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1

English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
German: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 7:24 AM GMT

Quentin Tarantino Collection (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Uma Thurman
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarantino 'Must Have' Collection, 19 Oct 2011
5 fantastic films, £11 each it works out as, bargain if you ask me!
Classic Tarantino at his best!

Although Amazon, I was surprised to see the actor Bruce Willies in this collection, who is he? Hahaha
Surprised I didn't see Uma Thermal listed :p

Top Spin 4 (PS3)
Top Spin 4 (PS3)
Offered by SelectGames

3.0 out of 5 stars Dirty-Love - No Ace., 18 Mar 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Top Spin 4 (PS3) (Video Game)
Mired in mathematics to almost a role-playing degree, Top Spin 4 proves transparent as it is meticulous. Action is tactically deep, yet ultimately staccato. But, saying that - the redeeming feature (apart from the overly boring career mode) is when you play two player. Much fun to be had from the non-predictable opponent makes for a much more redeeming and enjoyable game.

It's by the numbers tennis game, three distinctive player roles can be had.

Serve and Volley.
Baseline
Play to the net.

Master all those, and you will breeze through the single player career.

The Playstatio MOVE compatibility really doesnt offer anything other than Wii like 'swing and hit' motion, there is no depth perception to help you, swing hard, swing soft - results in the same shot. I want MOVE to be considered a MUST have for games like this (and Tiger) but all it adds on this occasion is an excuse to get off your bum, and swing a remote instead of sat down and pressing a button, there is really no difference.

Overall, for me - 7/10

Graphics btw, are very slick - and you can see the individuality of the players styles comes across nicely, but thats pure aesthetics.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2011 10:18 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3