Profile for elektrolad > Reviews

Content by elektrolad

elektrolad "elektrolad online" (US)

Night Cafe
Night Cafe

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Night Cafe (Audio CD)
Why? This has to be the loudest over-mastered cd I ever purchased! I do own all of the b-sides on vinyl and they sound fine on wax. Someone was a bit heavy handed on the cd mastering. The remixes? Well, I'll leave that up to someone else. OMD make fine music. Other people destroy their tracks.

Human Racing
Human Racing

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album finally given its due!, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Human Racing (Audio CD)
First off, we are presented with a first class remastering job on the original classic album. (I have the old cd and it didn't sound much better than a cassette) Second, we can finally put away most of our old vinyl the hear the 12" mixes.
Honestly, I would have bought it without the second disc, but I'm a sucker for remixes.

The Art Of The 12 Inch Volume 2
The Art Of The 12 Inch Volume 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Plundering the vaults...again, 1 Mar 2012
Wasn't this supposed to be released in 2011?

Really? More Frankie remixes. The bread and butter of ZTT. Snore.

The previously unreleased 'Spies Like Us' remix was unreleased for a reason.

'Moments In Love' remixes are ok, but I prefer the Close Up(s). AON had far more potential with 'Beat Box' and 'Close'.

The interludes are far more interesting. Would prefer to hear full length versions of these.

OMD's 'Julia's Song' was way better in the original version. I have probably played the 12" twice.

Propaganda tracks really scraping the barrel. 'Sorry For Laughing' remix appeared on the ultra-mega release from a few years back. ZTT should do a 'Wishful Thinking' ultra mega version.

Seems like they needed to go outside the ZTT catalogue to flesh out this compilation. Not very exciting.

I bought it like all ZTT product, but I feel like they are holding back some really great tracks.

AND the font is way too small! Most of us ZTT collecters are getting older and 2 point text is difficult to read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 9:48 AM GMT

Mute Sampler
Mute Sampler

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for US listeners, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Mute Sampler (MP3 Download)
Heard about this from the Erasure list, but unable to d/l due to living in the US. Thankfully I was able to get this from elsewhere...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2011 6:36 AM GMT