Profile for G. S. Wall > Reviews

Content by G. S. Wall

G. S. Wall "Chunder" (Funky Camden Town)

Epson EHTW6100 2300 Lumens Projector
Epson EHTW6100 2300 Lumens Projector
Offered by Koester GERMANY

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely Impressed, 20 April 2013
I'm hard to impress. But this projector is wonderful. I bought it because it was a good price for an HD projector. I thought that 3D would be fairly poor - I only really wanted it so that I could watch Sky Sports HD!

I can't tell you how surprised I was when I discovered how good the actual results were. It's crisp, excellent contrast and 2300 lumens seems so much brighter than the 2000 I had on my old projector - we don't need to sit in complete darkness anymore. And then I tried a Blu Ray. Blown Away Ray more like. Really good results - true colours, great depth and properly decent blacks and whites. And then.... I popped Avatar 3D in - and I was blown away again. The 3D is very good. In addition to the 3D aspect, it seems that the resolution is improved by the whole process. Final positive from me, it's quieter than my old one.

I have no hesitation in recommending this projector. The only thing I can pick up on, is that it's a little on the large size. It's not a problem but I would encourage anyone buying it to check the dimensions so you know how much space you need for it. I'm ceiling mounting mine so not an issue.

Impossipuzzle Cubes Meerkats
Impossipuzzle Cubes Meerkats
Offered by Thrifty Gifts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impossible. But nice., 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Impossipuzzle Cubes Meerkats (Toy)
What a nice little puzzle! It's not impossible though. In fact it isn't even very difficult. It should be renamed 'The mildy challengingpuzzle' as this would be more accurate! It was a fun half hour spent with my daughter, so thanks for that at least.

Blaxploitation : The Sequel
Blaxploitation : The Sequel
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars The Baddest!, 25 Nov. 2010
And when I say baddest I mean erm, goodest. This is the ultimate collection of funky music. This is number two of the the collection - there are four in total. They are all excellent, and probably the best compilation of their kind - there are many - mostly more 'obvious' in their track listing. I'm glad to see that these have come down in price - a while back they were really expensive as there weren't many in circulation. I suggest you buy all four. Seriously.

Cocktail 2000
Cocktail 2000
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored Faith..., 23 May 2007
This review is from: Cocktail 2000 (Audio CD)
My copy arrived this morning. I am only half way through and immediately compelled to write this, my first Amazon review. This album will restore your faith in music. It will re-align all your stuff that needs re-aligning. It's a bit like a musical Feng Shui solution - when you listen to it, all the random furniture in your mind will suddenly relocate itself to the right part of the lounge. Peace...