Profile for A. J. Thornton > Reviews

It's Only a Movie: Reel Life Adventures of a Film Obsessive
It's Only a Movie: Reel Life Adventures of a Film Obsessive
by Mark Kermode

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Feb. 2010
Having been a long time listener to Mark's radio 5 show I was waiting in anticipation for this book. Having managed to get hold of a copy, I can say I was definitely not disappointed. When reading the book on my way to work I found myself being in that embarrassing situation of laughing out loud on public transport.
Unlike following the normal autobiography template, Mark's book takes a different route - first casting the characters of his life with actors and then weaving the reader through a series of anecdotes and stories, which are often embarrassing, often hilarious, always interesting.
Throughout the book I came across thoughts and observations which I thought were peculiar to me, and that made the book even more enjoyable.
If you are a film fan, you will love this book. The only disappointing thing was that it ended. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2010 9:07 PM GMT