Profile for Mr. I. Clark > Reviews

Content by Mr. I. Clark

Mr. I. Clark

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP)
Offered by GameExplorers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best GTA game, 12 April 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've always loved the GTA series of games, especially Vice City, and I did find this game enjoyable, but maybe not right for the PSP. The FMV's are poorly rendered and voiced, and the graphics haven't been altered for the handheld screen size making the map and icons useless. I really enjoyed what they did with Chinatown Wars on the PSP and just wished they'd have done this in the same style.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP)
Offered by GameExplorers

5.0 out of 5 stars Best GTA in years, 12 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've been a long term fan of the GTA series from when the series first started way back in the day, and I've found some of the more recent installments enjoyable but lacking in some of that original fun. Luckily with this game some of that originality has been recaptured. I've recently played GTA Vice City Stories on the PSP and found it a poor quality copy of the PS2 version, with no thought gone into changing anything for the smaller screen, making the map and icons essentially useless. But with Chinatown Wars they've gone back to the original style of top-down view and made the map much easier to use, a well as including car-jacking and bomb disposal mini-games to keep it more interesting. I prefer the way the story is dealt with in this too, using stills and text works much better than the poor quality FMV's used in VC. Overall I think it looks slicker than the other GTA games on the PSP and I think it works better for the handheld console than the full 3D versions, and feels smoother to play. If you liked the sense of humour of the first 2 GTA games and the style then you'll love this too, now if only they'd done the other handheld GTA games like this :)

No Sadness Or Farewell
No Sadness Or Farewell

4.0 out of 5 stars I still miss Joe Volk's vocals, 24 Oct 2012
I'm still unsure about the new vocalist, doesn't quite have the beauty of voice that Joe Volk had, it's still a great album, How We Rock and One Armed Boxer are definite highlights.
Is it me or are Jonestown Martin and Maniac Beast exactly the same track? And I mean identical (please feel free to correct me), I have the album and the snippets on Amazon and Play are the same as well, seems a bit poor when it's only a 7 track album.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 2:27 PM GMT

RAGE (Xbox 360)
RAGE (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars short but sweet, 14 Nov 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: RAGE (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I really enjoyed this games, it seemed a more single player orientated game than Borderlands, and similar in some ways to Fallout, but it has one major let down, it's a bit short. I had read in some reviews that they completed it in 20 hours, but I managed to finish it (as well as all the side missions I could find) in 13 hours, plus once you've completed it there really isn't much to go back for except the multiplayer which seems a bit limited.
The game itself has excellent graphics and gameplay, the missions are fun and don't get repetitive, the maps are large but not very varied and most places you can only visit during missions. The weapons are the usual suspects of ID games and work well with the setting. The ememies are well animated but do remind me heavily of other games such as Borderlands for the bandits, Fallout for the mutants and Half-life for the Authority. There are hidden/tricky objects to find but they don't really give anything to the game or require much skill to obtain. There's a lot of room to upgrade your weapons and vehicle as well as producing new bullets with fun effects.
But even with all this its over too quickly, it needs few more large map areas and more missions, or at least a few more multiplayer mode options to extend its playing life, or to prevent it becoming an instant trade-in.

The World at the End of Time
The World at the End of Time
by Frederik Pohl

5.0 out of 5 stars pohl at his best, 14 Oct 2011
i've been a fan of frederik pohl for some time and this is one of the best i've read, an amazing story spanning to the end of the universe from the view points of humans as well as from energy entities whose lives affect each other without realising.

Thirst [DVD] [2009]
Thirst [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Kim Ok-Bin
Offered by FilmloverUK

5.0 out of 5 stars park chan wook back to his best, 27 Feb 2010
This review is from: Thirst [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
i've been a fan of this director for a while now, and although some of his films are a bit hit and miss, he is consistantly very good, and this film is definately one of his better, once again showing hollywood how its supposed to be done.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2010 2:26 AM GMT

Coraline - 2 Disc Limited Edition (Includes the 2D and 3D Version and 4 Pairs of 3D Glasses)  [DVD]
Coraline - 2 Disc Limited Edition (Includes the 2D and 3D Version and 4 Pairs of 3D Glasses) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Henry Selick

5.0 out of 5 stars very original idea, 16 Dec 2009
excelent film, quite creepy in bits, highly recomend it. The 3D version is the old 2 colour glasses one, but still fun.