Profile for Karen S. Carroll > Reviews

Content by Karen S. Carroll

Karen S. Carroll "Kas" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
The People's Gardener
The People's Gardener

5.0 out of 5 stars The things you find out about your friend!, 18 Jun. 2016
Well Mr Buttress, what can I say?

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, finding out things I didn't know about you Jim! Felt that Jim himself was telling me his own personal story. I'm not the only one to have this view as another friend is also of this opinion.

Despite the fact that I've known Jim for a number of years, I still, as previously mentioned, I did think that this is a very good read.

Titanic: Minute by Minute
Titanic: Minute by Minute

5.0 out of 5 stars Minute by Minute intriguing, 12 Jun. 2016
Some of the facts and the characters, the names of whom were well known, because of various films and documentaries were brought to life. It was also good to find out what happened to some of those who's lives were changed forever on that fateful night. Actually would be a good source of information for someone doing a project, say at school.

The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 25 July 2014
I found this book both informative and enjoyable to read. I have learnt a lot from its content, especially the roles played by many individuals drafted from their otherwise ordinary lives. Ordinary turned them into extraordinary people. Also the bravery shown by one French lady who cared for nothing more than important art works remaining in their rightful places.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars No faults!, 12 July 2014
This is the first-ever time I have read anything by John Green, I don't think it will be the last. Really touching story about two young people facing an impossible struggle. Wonder whether the film will be as good.

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

4.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable, 21 Sept. 2013
This is quite a story about how deceptive some families can be. Given the time this happened perhaps it's understandable. Great that they've found each other even at this time. Shows that there are coincidences in life that may never come to light
Good read even if sad at times.

The Racketeer
The Racketeer

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from other books written, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
This was a little more interesting than some of the others that I've previously read both in content and style. I've only read the legal based books before. However this is an enjoyable read with an unexpected twist. Will recommend it to mum to get out of library. My copy's on kindle!

11.22.63
11.22.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: 11.22.63 (Kindle Edition)
Really interesting book. Very difficult to put down and found it annoying when kindle had to be recharged! Does make you wonder whether certain events would have happened, such as Vietnam war.

Love With a Chance of Drowning: A Memoir
Love With a Chance of Drowning: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars What an adventure!!!, 12 Sept. 2013
This has really made me want to travel to the places mentioned. You just have to take what life throws at you. I admire her courage. Really enjoyed this and aim to look up the pictures on line when I get home albeit on a plane. Seems the easy way now!!!

The Storyteller
The Storyteller

5.0 out of 5 stars Tissues needed, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
I am in tears writing this as my great uncle was one of the first soldiers who entered belsen concentration camp, something we didn't know until his funeral. He only told his family when his granddaughter was doing her history degree. This brought it all to life, albeit with an unexpected twist. Jodi really knows how to tell a really good story!

Up in the Air: The real story of life aboard the world's most glamorous airline
Up in the Air: The real story of life aboard the world's most glamorous airline

5.0 out of 5 stars Different way of life, 6 May 2013
Very enjoyable book showing how it was to travel with style and not by cattle-class as it is today, unless you travel first class,makes you wish you were born 20 years earlier! Don't doubt for a minute how much hard work it was, but what a life!!! Really enjoyed reading it and a bit envious having been to some of the places mentioned. Need to win the lottery and/or reach out for the holiday brochures!!!

Page: 1 | 2