Profile for WS > Reviews

Dvd ~ Dominique Othenin-Girard
Offered by CP UK And Global LTD
Price: 2.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Half full, 30 Oct 2013
This is the first half of a 3 hour TV film/series, so be aware that it finishes before the main characters get to Jerusalem. This is perhaps a blessed relief as I had already wasted an hour and a half of my life.

Philly Kid [Blu-ray]
Philly Kid [Blu-ray]
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great action and sound story line, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Philly Kid [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I bought this at what was a ridiculously low price and thought it worth a chance based on only two 5* reviews. I am glad that I did. Great action sequences with sound story line. I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

Special Forces [Blu-ray]
Special Forces [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Diane Kruger
Price: 6.92

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est magnifique, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Special Forces [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great film. Pretty convincing action scenes and acting with a story to boot. What more could you ask for. Highly recommended.

Spartacus: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Spartacus: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Liam McIntyre
Offered by Yachew LTD
Price: 43.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 7 Sep 2013
Having just watched the 39th (I think) and final episode of Spartacus, I have been inspired to write my first review.

When this show gets you it really gets you. This is escapism on an epic scale, but with a real message of liberty, equality and brotherhood. I will not spoil the end, but there was a tear in my eye at the end of the last episode, 'Victory'. The gratuitous violence, sex and explitive-laden language, which might shock and to begin with are a 'distraction' are part of the show's unique charm and style. The cast are superb and the respectful transition from Andy Whitfiled to Liam MacItyre as Spartacus adds to the telling of the tale.

Buy it. Enjoy it. I miss it already. Back to episode 1?