Profile for chell1704 > Reviews

Content by chell1704

chell1704 (South Wales)

Kindle Paperwhite (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally took the plunge!!, 2 Mar. 2013
I have spent years debating on whether I could replace my paperback book with a Kindle. Having looked at the reviews of all the e-readers on the market I sent santa a request for the Kindle Paperwhite and despite stock shortages he obliged!! I was worried about the "grey line on the bottom of the screen" that everyone is reporting - yes it is there but no it doesn't distract from the ease of reading.

I love having the option to increase and decrease the amount of light I use to lighten the screen. It is great to read in bed without having to either keep the light on (hubbie hates) or sitting awkwardly so the lamp shines on the pages of the book!! I have not made the adjustment from books to kindle easy and although it tells you how many minutes are left in the chapter I miss being able to see how many pages are left etc (I am a book freak).

I tested the battery life for future travels with the Kindle, and without wifi on and not shutting it right off after reading - it lasted a full month before needed recharging. This on approximately 1 hour read a day with the screen light on. I guess this would be more if I completely switched it off between reads.

Although I don't see the Kindle totally replacing books for me - I have already been downloading lots of free and cheap books ready to use for my travels. No more will I be weighing books to decide which ones can come on holidays with me. That will be Kindle - although I may need one book to leave on the sunbed while I go for a drink!!!

For anyone thinking of taking the plunge - go for it - you won't be disappointed.

Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
by Astrid Lindgren

5.0 out of 5 stars Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition, 31 Jan. 2011
My daughter loves Lauren Child but has outgrown her stories. This fabulous book allows her to develop her reading but still be delighted by the illustrations throughout the book which bring the story to life. It is a must for any young reader with a passion for Lauren Child. Highly recommended.

Disney Think Fast (PS2)
Disney Think Fast (PS2)
Offered by inteci

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Fast Fun!!!, 1 Feb. 2009
I purchased this for my 7 year old daughter for christmas as a change from the other Buzz games we have. I thought that it would suit her but her brother 12 wouldn't enjoy it. I was wrong. We have all had fun! You can pick your level of Disney knowlegde which makes the game a bit harder otherwise some of the questions are not really disney related. The animation of the characters is good and the genie is funny. It can be a bit tedious waiting while he explains the rules if it's a game you've played already as the chance to opt out of listening comes later - but it's only for a minute or so. As with the other Buzz game you choose how long you want to play - we pick a short game but enjoyed it so much we played another straight after. So if you like Buzz, like Disney and like having a laugh with the kids it's one to buy.