Profile for frankie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Billionaire
Billionaire

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to his standard., 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Billionaire (Kindle Edition)
Very disappointing. A lot of irrelevant characters with names too long and complicated to remember who was who and in which country they were supposed to be , Israel, Iran, England, whatever.. In the end I didn't know what all that was about and started skipping large chunks just to see what happened to the two main characters. Very boring for the most part. If this is the first book someone reads by Peter James they may well not read another which would be a shame.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Dec. 2015
Very nice cards, delivery on time when expected.

Dark Corners
Dark Corners

3.0 out of 5 stars The delivery is good but I am concerned about how I ordered this, 2 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Dark Corners (Kindle Edition)
The delivery is good but I am concerned about how I ordered this!!! I brought up the title intending to order a paperbook version and it told me I had already ordered by Kindle! How did I do that?! This is very worrying, I shall be frightened of bringing up anything on Amazaon !!! if it does this to me. As you do not have to go through the checkout you don't realize you may suddenly have ordered something you don't want. Luckily in this case I didn't mind and I will read the book on my Kindle but I think there should be some safeguard like asking you if this is what you meant to do, before just saying you have bought it on Kindle.

The Skeleton Road
The Skeleton Road
by Val McDermid

1.0 out of 5 stars I usually like Val's books but I found this one very boring, 15 April 2015
This review is from: The Skeleton Road (Paperback)
I usually like Val's books but I found this one very boring, in fact I skipped large pages, something I never do. I read for relaxation not to go over old historical events, I would read a history book for that. I shall look very carefully before ever buying another one of her books if this is to be her new format.

Close to Home (Inspector Banks Novels)
Close to Home (Inspector Banks Novels)
by Peter Robinson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars This was another good Peter Robinson book but I was so disappointed to ..., 27 Mar. 2015
This was another good Peter Robinson book but I was so disappointed to find I had already read it under the title the Summer That Never Was (a better title!). This is really not fair on customers and they should be made aware of the books original title if it is changed, it is a stupid con trick to get money falsely, misguided as it just puts peoples backs up and surely is illegal?

No Mans Nightingale
No Mans Nightingale
by Ruth Rendell

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: No Mans Nightingale (Paperback)
Always good to read a new Ruth Rendell and this one doesn't disappoint.
Good read.
Frankie

Master Of The Moor
Master Of The Moor
by Ruth Rendell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read all (as far as I am aware ..., 16 July 2014
I have read all (as far as I am aware!) of Ruth Rendells books and this is the one I particularly remember for being really scared when I read it. I must get it again and re-read it, before I pass it to my daughter who likes to be scared!
Margaret

HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
Offered by TRIPPODO

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 10 April 2014
I like the fact the HP printer is a lot quicker than my old Epson, but I am disappointed with it's printing of scanned documents. I have to scan my Radio Times Crossword amongst others, to enable me to enlarge and read the clues, but I find whereas the Epson printout was nice and sharp, the HP printer 'ghosts', i.e. is will print a 3 with another 3 a little below. making it even more difficult to read. Such a pity, otherwise I love it and the easy access to replacing ink cartridges.
I did not find it easy to set up and after two days trying had to have professional help in the end, some of it had to be done on-line. Why can't they stick to the simple way of just providing a disc that will do the job with no complications.
Margaret Davis.

Shadows in the Cotswolds (Cotswold Mysteries)
Shadows in the Cotswolds (Cotswold Mysteries)
by Rebecca Tope

4.0 out of 5 stars unsatisfactory end, 25 Mar. 2014
I always like her books about Thea but I was disappointed in the ending of this one. It seemed to have been a quick fix to get the book finished and quite out of tune with the story. I hope Rebecca will give a bit more thought to the ending of the next one.
Margaret Davis

Miss Mackenzie
Miss Mackenzie

1.0 out of 5 stars in the ether - Miss McKenzie, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Miss Mackenzie (Kindle Edition)
I would love to review it, unfortunately I never managed to download it to my kindle. It used to be simple, but now it is all WiFi which I don't have and though I have had many attemps to download books these days it doesn't happen any more. when something worked why change it? I shall not be buying any more Kindle books, waste of time. I particularly wanted a Veronica Stallwood book, but likewise, it never downloaded.
Frankie