Profile for frankie > Reviews

No Mans Nightingale
No Mans Nightingale
by Ruth Rendell

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: No Mans Nightingale (Paperback)
Always good to read a new Ruth Rendell and this one doesn't disappoint.
Good read.
Frankie

Master of the Moor
Master of the Moor
by Ruth Rendell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read all (as far as I am aware ..., 16 July 2014
I have read all (as far as I am aware!) of Ruth Rendells books and this is the one I particularly remember for being really scared when I read it. I must get it again and re-read it, before I pass it to my daughter who likes to be scared!
Margaret

HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 10 April 2014
I like the fact the HP printer is a lot quicker than my old Epson, but I am disappointed with it's printing of scanned documents. I have to scan my Radio Times Crossword amongst others, to enable me to enlarge and read the clues, but I find whereas the Epson printout was nice and sharp, the HP printer 'ghosts', i.e. is will print a 3 with another 3 a little below. making it even more difficult to read. Such a pity, otherwise I love it and the easy access to replacing ink cartridges.
I did not find it easy to set up and after two days trying had to have professional help in the end, some of it had to be done on-line. Why can't they stick to the simple way of just providing a disc that will do the job with no complications.
Margaret Davis.

Shadows in the Cotswolds (Cotswold Mysteries)
Shadows in the Cotswolds (Cotswold Mysteries)
by Rebecca Tope

4.0 out of 5 stars unsatisfactory end, 25 Mar 2014
I always like her books about Thea but I was disappointed in the ending of this one. It seemed to have been a quick fix to get the book finished and quite out of tune with the story. I hope Rebecca will give a bit more thought to the ending of the next one.
Margaret Davis

Miss Mackenzie
Miss Mackenzie

1.0 out of 5 stars in the ether - Miss McKenzie, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Miss Mackenzie (Kindle Edition)
I would love to review it, unfortunately I never managed to download it to my kindle. It used to be simple, but now it is all WiFi which I don't have and though I have had many attemps to download books these days it doesn't happen any more. when something worked why change it? I shall not be buying any more Kindle books, waste of time. I particularly wanted a Veronica Stallwood book, but likewise, it never downloaded.
Frankie

Spinster of the Parish
Spinster of the Parish
by Ann Purser

1.0 out of 5 stars IVY BEASLEY, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Spinster of the Parish (Paperback)
Very disappointing, not at all as interesting as her other books. I ended up skipping paragraphs towards the end, something I never do, it was so boring.
Ann must have been having an off period when she wrote this.

Hotties Microhottie Microwave Hot Water Bottle - Quilted Royal Stewart Tartan - Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, 23 Feb 2013
After reading the review before I purchased this item, I was very careful to only heat it on the lowest rating, which meant it was only moderately warm but comforting However after a week it started to leak and the next time it leaked very badly. I then tried to stick duct tape round to stop it leaking but it still oozed through so I shall have to throw i out.
I consider the £20 it cost me (with postage) exhorbitant for a weeks use and will never again puchase this type of HWB. My old one was of a different type of filling I believe and lasted me for 10 years, so I couldn't believe this one was so badly made. They should not sell an item which iis obviously not up to the job.
Margaret Davis.

Wild Wood Enquiry, The (Ivy Beasley Mysteries)
Wild Wood Enquiry, The (Ivy Beasley Mysteries)
by Ann Purser
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars corner cutting in printing, 2 Feb 2013
I usually enjoy Ann Purser books and looked forward to a new one but this particular book has been published in very small print, crowded onto small pages, not good for my eyes trying to read in bed, like a lot of other people. I would raher pay a little extra for a decent publication I can read in comfort. What a shame, I shall be careful not to buy any others in similar ilk.
Margaret Davis