Profile for tinyniel > Reviews

Content by tinyniel

tinyniel (Norway)

Page: 1 | 2
Basic Welsh: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks)
Basic Welsh: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks)
by Gareth King

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 19 July 2011
I'm trying to learn Welsh on my own (courses are hard to come by in Norway). Before I bought this book I'd sort of just pottered around on different websites, picking up bits here and there. This book has been such a great help in bringing it together and bringing order to the chaos in my head.
In hindsight, I should probably have started by getting this book.

I particularly like the exercises at the end of every chapter, as actually getting to apply what I've read is vital to me when I'm learning a new language.

All in all; it's a very good place to start.

Eleven
Eleven
by Mark Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Eleven (Paperback)
I don't know why I bought this book. I knew who Mark Watson was, and I loved his comedy, but I honestly don't know how I got from his stand-up to buying this book.

But I'm very glad I did!

From the few reviews I'd read online, I was expecting a laugh-out-loud book. Instead, I found myself completely enthralled and moved by the story almost immediately. It's funny too, but mostly I was gripped by the story, how well the pieces fit together, how Watson's web spun out, starting with one little event. The language is beautiful, I'd catch myself re-reading bits just because I loved the wording so much.

And how it all comes together, the journey for Xavier (and all the other characters) from the start to the last page.

It's just a beautiful book! The only reason it took me so long to finish it was that I kept putting it down because I didn't want it to end.

Lee Mack - Live [DVD]
Lee Mack - Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lee Mack

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good abs workout, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Every once in a while, I find a comedy DVD that has me laughing so hard that I have to pause every five minutes to catch my breath. Enter "Lee Mack Live".

If you're new to Lee's comedy, this is a very good place to start. It's brilliant. Just brilliant. I HIGHLY reccomend it. Just don't attempt to consume any kind of fluid for the duration of it.

And bonus; the 'extras'-bit has Sketch show-clips (my alltime favorite sketch-show). And the 'Behind the scenes'-documentary "To Cartmel and back" (filmed by Lee and support act Steve Williams while on tour) is the funniest DVD-extra I've seen in my life.

Micropix - 5 Pack Silicone Cases & Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (Purple, Black, Orange, Clear, Hot Pink)
Offered by Micropix

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 19 July 2011
I just bought these because I needed new covers quickly when I upgraded to iPhone 4, but I was really surprised. They fit like a glove, they look very nice and they seem to be quite robust. The fact that you get five-in-one at this price is really good value, they're much better than similar covers I've bought where I've paid more for one than I did for five of these.

Amigurumi (Cozy)
Amigurumi (Cozy)
by Lan-Anh Bui

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Amigurumi (Cozy) (Paperback)
I love this book. I've just started making amigurumi, but this book was really easy to follow! I particularly like the tables listing the rounds, in addition to the actual pattern. Plus the animals have lots of cute little details that give them that little extra.

(500) Days of Summer [DVD] [2009]
(500) Days of Summer [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, someone got it right, 19 July 2011
Finally, a romantic-movie that isn't mushy, typical and cliché-laden. Sure, those movies make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But then you remember you're still single, and they make you feel useless and alone.

This one didn't. It was sweet, romantic, funny and at the same time; real.

HIGHLY reccomend it!

PURPLE RETRO CASSETTE SILICONE CASE FOR IPHONE 4 4G
PURPLE RETRO CASSETTE SILICONE CASE FOR IPHONE 4 4G
Offered by Online Best Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro cover, 19 July 2011
I absolutely LOVE this! It looks brilliant, they've got all the little details right. I've got four; pink, purple, yellow and black.

Drawbacks (if you consider them drawbacks) are that there's no hole to plug in the charger, and that it's a little bit too flexible.
Also, you might want to consider getting some form of protective cover for the back of the phone, if you don't want it scratched on the bits that are revealed by the "window" and the spools.

All in all, I think the above are a small prize to pay. And, as my friend's 7-year-old pointed out; 'maybe people will think it's a cassette, and then they won't steal it'.
(this was after I had to explain to her and her 5 year old brother what a cassette was ... I'm getting old)

IPHONE 4 4G RETRO CASSETTE SILICONE CASE - PINK
IPHONE 4 4G RETRO CASSETTE SILICONE CASE - PINK
Offered by The M Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro cover, 19 July 2011

The Wand of Severus Snape : Harry Potter Noble Collection
The Wand of Severus Snape : Harry Potter Noble Collection
Offered by The Noble Collection UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Snape's wand, 19 July 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I got this from a friend a few years ago, and it's my most prized possession.

I wouldn't buy it as a toy. I haven't "fiddled" much with mine, basically just picked it up to show people and practised a few spells ;) But the black coating has still started coming off in places around the handle.
It is beautiful, though. The markings are very pretty, and it looks very nice on display in its box.

Basically; if you're a devoted Severus-fan (like me) it makes for a very, very nice collectible. But if you're buying it for your 7-year-old son/daughter, it might not last very long.

Also; it doesn't cast actual spells. Whether this means I'm a muggle, or if it's because the wizard chose the wand, remains a mystery ;)

Random Thoughts (Quick Reads)
Random Thoughts (Quick Reads)
by Chris Corcoran

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 17 May 2011
I liked this a lot. I was laughing all the way through it, and nodding in recognition. The only thing wrong with it is that it's too short, to be honest :)

And like the book itself says; so what if you don't like it? It's only £][

Page: 1 | 2