Profile for MumH > Reviews

Content by MumH

MumH

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Armchair Detective: 'The Pilot'
The Armchair Detective: 'The Pilot'
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars A strange book, unfortunately too short to really build ..., 18 Aug 2014
A strange book, unfortunately too short to really build up my interest. We got no depth to the characters or any background to build them up. Readable.

Lloytron AAA 550mAh NIMH AccuDigital Battery (Pack of 4)
Lloytron AAA 550mAh NIMH AccuDigital Battery (Pack of 4)
Offered by iShop Crystals
Price: 2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money rechargeable batteries, 2 Aug 2014
Very good value pack of rechargeables for my hands-free phones. Seem to be charging well and arrived relatively quickly and well packaged.

The Villa in Italy
The Villa in Italy
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A light read it you can keep track of who is who, 2 Aug 2014
A good read but I did rather find it totally unbelievable. However this did not stop me from enjoying it. I should have been intrigued by why so many people from different backgrounds should be summoned to a villa in Italy by someone they didn't know but the individuals' characters got more and more complicated and why they were there seemed less important. Eventually too many people arrived and I got a bit lost as to who knew who and what relationship they were to each other.

The Gauguin Connection (Book 1) (Genevieve Lenard)
The Gauguin Connection (Book 1) (Genevieve Lenard)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, easy-read detective novel with a difference., 2 Aug 2014
I couldn't put this down. It was very interesting from the point of view of getting an insight into a particular form of autism but its twists and turns became very gripping and I got carried away with all the detective work, without finding the gradual unfolding of all the connections in the least bit boring.

The Last Lord Of The Moors
The Last Lord Of The Moors

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but predictable romantic story, 2 Aug 2014
A good romantic story, although I did find some of it rather far fetched. Still it was a good read with rather a predictable ending which you could see coming a mile off!

4 PACK MagiGLIDE 30mm Disc. The ULTIMATE Dual Purpose glider for furniture & appliances with easy movement & complete floor protection, endorsed by Karndean Designflooring
Offered by MagiGLIDE
Price: 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth gliding table and no tea spills!, 2 Aug 2014
Wanted to be able to slide a small table on a carpeted area without spilling my cup of tea on the table surface. These were very easy to fit and do the job very well.

Arm Chair Caps Covers Tulip Floral Pink Cream Embroidered One Pair
Arm Chair Caps Covers Tulip Floral Pink Cream Embroidered One Pair

4.0 out of 5 stars good arm chair caps which remind you of days gone by, 2 Aug 2014
Very good value for money arm chair caps. I do find them rather slippery, however, so that is why I didn't give them the full 5 stars. Otherwise, they do the job well and are very pretty and tend to remind me of those I saw in y grandmother's day.

Heartstones
Heartstones
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading with drama and fun, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Heartstones (Kindle Edition)
A heart-warming story. Easy and light reading but remarkably hard to put down. Ladies would love this book, with its insights into Irish village life to add colour to an easy read and enough emotional content to grab the heart-strings.

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Philomena. Sad but full of hope, 20 April 2014
A great book detailing how religious orders were very hard on unmarried mothers in Ireland. But the book had hope in that things did improve somewhat. A tale of a son's search for his roots and how lack of that knowledge affected him for his entire life. His mother was also determined to try to find him. Actually quite a harrowing book.

Moonfleet
Moonfleet

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from my past, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Moonfleet (Kindle Edition)
I was read this book at school by a junior school teacher very many years ago and I (and my classmates) found it so gripping we wanted to stay behind after to school to hear more! It is an excellent book on smuggling, making friends and making mistakes but I still couldn't put it down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7