Profile for Michael Mukasa > Reviews

Nervous Conditions
Nervous Conditions
by Tsitsi Dangarembga

5.0 out of 5 stars Very understated., 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Nervous Conditions (Paperback)
Written in a very understated fashion. Makes it even more effective. Shame she did not write more novels, as she clearly has talent.

ACTIVE PEOPLE 43200 Kiwido mit CD
ACTIVE PEOPLE 43200 Kiwido mit CD
Offered by DealsCentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids cant get enough of it., 23 July 2013
I don't really know why, but the kids just love this. They seem to have a variety of games around it. Highly recommended.

FIFA 12 (PC DVD)
FIFA 12 (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars I would have given 5 stars but Origin is ruining it, 10 Nov. 2011
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I have been playing FIFA12 for a few weeks now. Game is great, but why oh why do we have to put up with Origin? I want to play the game EA, I do not want to spend ages going through several screens of useless information. When I turn on the game I often get an 'update' for Origin.. again, I dont need it!! I do not want to play online, I just want to play.. Why cant we buy the game with and register it and be done? So each time I open FIFA I must get past this awful useless bit. Waste of time.
Altogether the game has been fantastic but Origin is ruining the experience.. It is for this reason I do not give the game 5 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2011 8:20 PM GMT

FIFA 11 (PC DVD)
FIFA 11 (PC DVD)
Offered by scaddingk

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better but still a lot of annoying little bugs, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: FIFA 11 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I decided to play this for a while longer before rushing into a review. The game play is a major improvement, though having played the PS or console version, it seems PC is a year behind.

The career mode still has the same bugs which EA cannot be bothered to fix (e.g when you play an FA cup game, you play a league game on the same day with a bunch of knackered players. The league game is 'hidden' in the calendar so you cannot see it. This has been the case for the past 3 years.. come on EA. Getting lazy?

The game itself is a lot smoother, unpredictable and more difficult so at least there is a bit of a challenge. It is not so easy to take Grimsby town to the champions league (unless you play easy mode).

Altogether a decent game but EA need to sort out the annoying bugs.

Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 20 July 2009
I watched this on BBC and purchased the DVD, something I had never done with a TV series I had already watched. It is an outstanding piece of work, the detail of the period is observed to the minutest detail. And the acting is incredible too, capturing the casual attitudes to smoking and drinking, sexual equality etc. I have never before looked forward to a few minutes of TV as I did when I watched this.

Perfect Square [DVD] [2003]
Perfect Square [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ R.E.M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Perfect Square [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
While the rest of the DVD is outstanding, country feedback took me to another place altogether!

FIFA 08 (PC DVD)
FIFA 08 (PC DVD)
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not a bad game., 19 Jun. 2008
This review is from: FIFA 08 (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I think some of these reviews were written too soon. I have played a few months and yes it is harder but the game play has improved immensely. You just need time to master it. I think FIFA need to work on these bugs before they release the game. There are a lot of odd things here from the commentary being totally wrong, or your defenders standing aside as the PC strikers run towards goal.. Aside from that the management section is as good as it gets.

Accelerate (digipack)
Accelerate (digipack)
Offered by skyvo-direct

3.0 out of 5 stars REM have nothing left to say, 19 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Accelerate (digipack) (Audio CD)
I own every REM record and each time I buy in hope.. Let's face it fellow fans, its over! This record opens up with a fabulous track that grabbed me but it faded quickly and although for some moments it sounded like a return to 80's glory, it sort of limps to a dull finish. It sounds ok in places but if I want the glory days, I slip in 'Life's rich pageant' or 'Fables of the reconstruction'. Aside from the first song which is outstanding, and the next 3 (above average), the album struggles to convince me that REM will ever be the same without the much missed Bill Berry. They need new ideas and all I heard here was the same old ground. I will probably continue to buy their records as a die hard fan, hoping for a real revival, but it will probably be in vain.

American Doll Posse
American Doll Posse
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome improvement, 3 May 2008
This review is from: American Doll Posse (Audio CD)
After the rather awful (And I love Tori) 'The Beekeeper' I am pleased to see the cornflake girl return to form. There are some great tunes here, but there are also quite a few ordinary ones that should have been left out. I would have preferred a shorter album with quality songs.

The Accordionist's Son
The Accordionist's Son
by Bernardo Atxaga

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down., 3 May 2008
This review is from: The Accordionist's Son (Hardcover)
This book has continued to endear me to Spanish authors. Atxaga writes about friendship and betrayal with the Spanish civil war as well as the start of the Basque movement in the background. I have learnt a lot about the Basque country and perhaps an understanding of why they fiercely guard their identity. The book transports you to Spain in the 60's and before with ease. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3