Profile for Fritha > Reviews

Content by Fritha

Fritha

Page: 1 | 2
Bertie's Guide to Life and Mothers (44 Scotland Street Book 9)
Bertie's Guide to Life and Mothers (44 Scotland Street Book 9)

3.0 out of 5 stars Story line stopped too soon - real cliff hanger., 15 Aug. 2014
Does Bertie really say anything of note about Mothers in the book? Maybe a few profound thoughts, but really the book is as much about a selection of other strong characters as it is about Bertie, so I did find that a bit disappointing. The insight into relationships is good as ever, but some of the dialogue style and vocabulary is straying too near the Botswana experience which I prefer to appreciate as unique and special.

LEGO City Police 60043: Prisoner Transporter
LEGO City Police 60043: Prisoner Transporter

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 31 May 2014
My 9 year old grandson loved it and built all the elements in half an hour by himself, then played non-stop. The only snag was some tiny parts which I found on the floor after the family had gone home. Easy to lose, so care needed to avoid disappointment... eg the prisoner ball and socket. It would help to have a resealable bag supplied for the bits. The disposable bags supplied only work one way! The shred on opening. Now I have to remember to take the bits with me when I visit next week.

The Slice of No.1 Celebration Storybook: Fifteen years with Mma Ramotswe (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable ojn Kindle., 21 May 2014
This was an interesting reflection, but, as a confirmed fan of the No Lady Detectives, I didn't feel I really learned anything new. Maybe I wasn't intended to! I finished it very quickly as it was a short read. I was very pleased to read it on my Kindle as my eyes are still recovering from a major operation. It was good to be able to expand the print.

The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Novels Book 9)
The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Novels Book 9)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but too high a proportion of reflective passages to action, 21 May 2014
This story was based around a gentle investigation, and, with a philosophical person as main character, I expected some thinking aloud. I was certainly gripped enough by the charm of the story to keep going, however I did get a bit fed up with the level of naval gazing incorporated, and did wonder about the relationship of 3 year old Charlie with his obviously very distracted Mother! Just as well Grace returned to make it all right!

Slinky Malinki
Slinky Malinki
by Lynley Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well used present, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Slinky Malinki (Paperback)
Grandson loves these stories. Excellent pictures inseparable from the story. Love the rhymes -lightens my heart to read it to him, and he loves filling in the words I miss out for him!

Art History, Volume I: Prehistoric-1400
Art History, Volume I: Prehistoric-1400

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 8 Nov. 2013
I haven't had time yet to do more than dip in and out. However it seems a fascinating read and I am pleased to have it, and look forward to reading more. Very good value for a freebie. I am glad I have Kindle on my i-pad so that I can enjoy it - my Kindle isn't up to the job of enabling me to read this volume!

Set of 3 Capacitive Touchscreen Mini Stylus Pen Pack for Samsung Galaxy S2 / Galaxy S3 / Galaxy Ace / Galaxy Ace 2 / Galaxy Y. 2 Black Stylus + 1 Silver Stylus
Offered by Cut Price Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars neat and easy, 8 Nov. 2013
Small stylus clips into the headphone socket, so not easy to lose, and fits easily into my bag or pocket for carrying. not much smaller than my finger tip, so still easy to hit the wrong key, but a bit more accurate than my finger. I gave one away, and kept the third as a spare. It does save getting the screen wet, greasy etc when dealing with messages in the garden or while cooking.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good, but pricy if you read many books per week!, 8 Nov. 2013
Works well. Nice and light to hold. Restful to read. I really appreciate being able to enlarge the text. Have also bought a 'Kandle' light to clip on in darker reading zones - my eyes are not good, so more light really helps. The light works well over the whole screen. In some ways I wish I had payed a little more and got the touch screen as it feels a bit like going backwards to have to move around a cursor to type in information... my touch screen phone has 'spoiled' me! However, I think this is good value for money. My biggest grumble is that Kindle books seem pretty much as expensive as regular copies, and I can't even lend them to friends, or give them away when I've read them. This makes it an expensive form of reading, as well as missing the smell and feel of a real, paper book.

Duragadget Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand for Kindle - Red
Duragadget Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand for Kindle - Red
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

5.0 out of 5 stars hands free reading when I want it, 27 Oct. 2013
I like the feeling of protection the cover gives when I pack my Kindle to take away. It is great all the time to be able to read, even in bed, without necessarily having to hold on to it. I like to lie on my back with a pillow on my front and sit it on top of that. the perfect location and angle. I only have to get my arm in action to turn the page. Any reference docs are also useful to refer to without having to hold them all the time.

Kandle by Ozeri II in Black -- Designed for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 27 Oct. 2013
Useful light with enough flexibility to light the full screen. it will clip over my leather case if necessary too, and at top or bottom any shadow cast is onto the frame so it doesn't interfere with reading. I have tried it clipped to the side which was useful the other day. Have only had it for a week so not much use yet. Just hope it lasts. One snag may be that by using the clip the light is unintentionally switched on at the same time. I also think I must take care to switch off properly to preserve battery life. I like that I can adjust the brightness to suit my reading situation. It very useful to have the extra batteries and carrying pouch - I feel like a looked after customer! Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2