Profile for Radex > Reviews

Radex (Reading, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Compliments Panasonic PVRs well, 6 Dec 2013
I have a new Panasonic PVR/Blu-ray player and although it supports Netflix, YouTube and other internet services, it will not let you use them while it is recording broadcast TV (yes that is so very naff...). So the Chromecast is the perfect companion device and I can now watch Netflix regardless of what the Pana box is up to.

Currently services are limited, as everyone has already noted, but that situation should change very soon and it looks like a lot of third-party developers have some very cool things in the pipeline for us.

Installation for me was not entirely hassle free. First issue was that the initial setup screen would not display on my big Panasonic TV (there was signal but the Pana just displayed "480p" in the corner of the screen and nothing more), so I shifted it to the little LG in the bedroom and the setup screen appeared on that. Second issue was that it lost contact with the internet near the end of the install process, at the point where it started to update itself. I just unplugged it and replugged it and after repeating a few steps the process completed ok. Been working 100% since then (about 1 week of use so far).

Premium Quality - Rechargeable Panasonic CGA-S006E, CGA-S006, CGA-S006E, CGA-S006A, CGA-S006A/1B, CGA-S006E/1B, CGR-S006E, CGR-S006E/1B DMW-BMA7 Series Camera Battery
Offered by Ekow Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 1 Nov 2013
Can't tell how good it will be long term but after a few weeks of using and recharging it is still performing just as well as the original battery (this is in contrast to a replacement battery from another source that started fading after just a couple of uses).

Zboard FANG Gaming Pad (PC)
Zboard FANG Gaming Pad (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for lefties, 23 Sep 2013
I use the mouse with my left hand for gaming, so my choice of controllers was severely limited as most them are highly sculpted for use in the left hand. The Fang however is for practical purposes symmetrical. I love this thing - it has plenty of keys and due to the short travel they are more responsive than normal keyboard keys.

The first thing I do after loading up any game is to clone a new version of the standard WASD template for the Fang - actually that template is good enough as it is for a lot of games, but it's nice to be able to move a few favourite commands for a particular game onto the handiest locations sometimes. The editing software does the job and all works fine (I'm running Windows 7 64-bit).

If this broke I'd buy another straight away (I think you have to order direct from the Steelseries european website now and initially I did have some trouble finding where to order mine).

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars These trousers are ok but..., 30 Aug 2013
didn't exceed expectations on the quality front and they are olive not stone (as someone already pointed out, so it wasn't a total shock).

TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, 30 Aug 2013
Not much to say about this - I needed to plug two gigabit devices into oned socket and this was the most cot effective way of doing it (without using a splitter that would drop them both to 100mb). It's well priced and sturdy enough for normal domestic use.

I have the 8 port equivalent running at the other end. Both devices just plugged in and played ball, there's nothing needed to configure them.

VonHaus by Designer Habitat Ultra Slim Cantilever Swivel & Tilt Wall Mount TV Bracket for 26-55 inch for LCD, LED, 3D, Plasma TV, Max VESA 400x400
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars Really is as good as they all say, 30 Aug 2013
This is very sturdy and proved easy to install (using 1cm masonry bit). It looks smart enough for any location and I highly recommend it.

Genuine BlackBerry Torch 9800 USB to MicroUSB Sync & Charge Data Cable
Genuine BlackBerry Torch 9800 USB to MicroUSB Sync & Charge Data Cable
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 30 Aug 2013
For some strange reason after I slightly damaged the microUSB socket on my ZTE phone, the only cables that make a reliable connection are BlackBerry ones (I have no idea why, I can see no physical difference between the connectors on these and any of the other cables I own). I bought this one hoping that it would work and it did!

So I'm a happy customer and I just bought another one as backup.

10m Low Loss Webro black WF100 Digital Satellite Coax with 10 free cable clips
10m Low Loss Webro black WF100 Digital Satellite Coax with 10 free cable clips
Offered by S&AS

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 30 Aug 2013
This is the real deal and I was very pleased with it. Used it to take my cable broadband from the entry point at the front of the house to a more central location in order relocate the wireless router. It has been in constant use for several months without any issues.

Panasonic TX-L39B6B 39-inch Widescreen Freeview Full HD 1080p LED TV (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good all rounder, 30 Aug 2013
I needed a new main TV that had to fit into an alcove in my new house and I didn't want to pay for anything with "smart" features,(like netflix, youtube and LAN connectivity) because all that will be taken care of by other connected devices (i.e. my panasonic pvr/bluray player). This TV one was about the only one available at the 39" size that I wanted and so I bought it blind, based entirely on good reviews.

Turns out the positive reviews were accurate and I have been very pleased with my purchase and recommended it to a few others now. The picture quality (after turning off the nasty "enhancements") has a nice subtle and naturalistic look to it and the sound quality is pretty acceptable and quite a lot better than several built-in TV audio systems that I had experienced (I thought I would have to buy an external speaker set immediately, but I'm quite ok to wait and use the built-in sound for now).

Grip Studios Custom Guitar Grip/ Guitar Hanger Right Hand Facing - Metal Mayheim Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Admired by all who see, 30 Aug 2013
I bought a left/right pair of these and they have been greatly admired by everyone who has seen them. In terms of practicality they are not quite as versatile or easy to use as a simpler hanger but more than make up for that with the high quality appearance of the sculpt and the paint finish.

If you think you'd like them then get them, as I'm sure that you will not be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3