Profile for BlueSkyComp > Reviews

Content by BlueSkyComp

BlueSkyComp "Ian" (UK)

by Phil Hewitt

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye-opener to a non-runner, 9 May 2012
If you'll excuse the pun, I "raced" through this book, I enjoyed it so much. I think the title truly sums it up - you feel the ecstasy of the author's highs and the pain and misery of his lows.

I particularly enjoyed the build up to each marathon, getting an understanding of the commitment that's required. It was also interesting to read how the runners aim for that all-important PB. And I didn't realise that the beginning of each marathon could be quite so messy!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 9:56 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye-opener for a non-runner, 9 May 2012

Unlike another reviewer here, I didn't find the author to be self- congratulatory. Although more of an armchair athlete myself, it has encouraged me to look into taking up running. A recommended read.