ARRAY(0xac9f5b7c)

Page: 1 | 2
Belkin MixIt Colour Range 0.9m Flat Right Angle AUX Cable - Black
Belkin MixIt Colour Range 0.9m Flat Right Angle AUX Cable - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Quality Cable, 14 Jan 2014
For £7 its a decent quality cable, I would have expected it to have gold plated connectors at least. The main issue I have with this is the rather large right angle connector, it gets in the way of my Sony Tablet Z/Xperia Z and my sound card (PC), I honestly can't see why it has to be oversized.

I'll give this 3/5 due to the two things mentioned above.

Sony Desktop Charging Dock for Xperia Z - Black
Sony Desktop Charging Dock for Xperia Z - Black
Offered by TheTechTree-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Does What It Says On The Tin!, 7 Aug 2013
There isn't much to say about this to be honest, its a nice looking charging dock for the Xperia Z, doesn't come with any cables but that's not really an issue In my opinion, you should already have the power adapter/usb cable you got with the phone. It is a little on the expensive side but its nothing extreme, if you have £400+ to spend on a phone surely £20 on a charging dock isn't going to break the bank ?

The Phone fits the dock perfectly fine, before I purchased it I wasn't sure if it would be stable, its perfect, doesn't move about thanks to a nice fit and rubber feet on the bottom of the dock.

Note, if you're using a case the charging dock won't work, the dock isn't made to cater for a case on the phone. This is a minor inconvenience (in my opinion)

Other than that its well worth the purchase.

Corsair Force GT 240 GB SATA III/6G SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F240GBGT-BK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 May 2013
I purchased two 240GB Force GT's approximately 2 years ago, they have been rock solid ever since, never had a problem with them. They are still up there with the best in terms of performance and reliability. Performance wise these perform extremely well in sequential read/write and do very well in random read/write speeds, obviously the newer top end ones will be better but in real world terms you won't notice the difference. Going from a SATA 2 SSD to a SATA 3 SSD you might notice the difference.

Overall I'm very happy with these drives, I wanted to get the latest Neutron GTX but its a little out of my price range at the moment.

Highly recommended, don't forget Corsair's customer service is outstanding unlike some.

Sony Walkman NWZZ1050R 16GB Android MP3/Media Player, NWZ-Z1050 RED
Sony Walkman NWZZ1050R 16GB Android MP3/Media Player, NWZ-Z1050 RED

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Android MP3 Player, 19 Mar 2013
For £120 you simply can't go wrong if your looking for a excellent sounding Android MP3 player, I purchased this to so I could use Spotify, I was using it on my phone but decided I wanted a dedicated MP3 player, And I'm glad I went a head and purchased this, the sound quality is really good, The enhancements really do work and bring out extra clarity in the music, after hours of listening to music using this Sony player I didn't like it when I tried my phone again (HTC Sensation XE).

I originally purchased a Ipod Touch 5th gen, I wasn't that impressed with it to be honest considering its £250, I sent it back after I listened to the Sony one in action.

I haven't tried the included earphones as I've been using my own (XBA 4 and XB41EX).

The only downside to this really is the battery life, its not great but I wouldn't say its Poor either considering it does have a nice big high quality screen. I think I got about 8-10 hours of music out of it, that includes a little browsing (wifi and bluetooth usage).

Overall its a bargain imo, you simply can't go wrong, it's only 16GB (you will never get the full amount on any player) The i pod touch only had 28gb usable out of 32GB.

Integral SD (Secure Digital) Single Slot Reader
Integral SD (Secure Digital) Single Slot Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Card Reader For The Price!, 11 Mar 2013
I was after a decent card reader and came across this, I was originally looking at Kingston's offering which is USB 3 and has dedicated slots for various cards.

I thought I'd give this ago since it was only £2.87, I'm glad I did, Its worked perfectly fine with Microsd and SD cards, currently got a 16GB microsd card in it with the SD Adapter, copying speeds are great.

So if anyone is looking for a decent card reader give this ago, if you want dedicated card slots then check out the Kingston.

Overall I'm happy with this item, arrived in amazon's frustration free packaging.

Netgear Ready Nas NV+ 4 Bay Gigabit Desktop Network Storage System
Netgear Ready Nas NV+ 4 Bay Gigabit Desktop Network Storage System

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent NAS, 4 Feb 2013
After a lot of research I went ahead and purchased this NAS, it was the only one that was under £200 that ticked the boxes for me. I was originally going to go for a HP Microserver that everyone seems to love, The issue for me was that I only wanted a NAS, getting the microserver in my opinion just didn't seem like the right choice, what's the point in buying one of those when you won't use it to its full potential ? and at the time the cashback offer had expired meaning it would have cost me £80+ more than this Netgear NAS.

In the end I ordered the NV+ V2, and I'm glad I did, its nice and compact, the build quality is outstanding, its next level compared to my old D-Link DNS 320. I set the NAS up with 4x3TB WD RED drives, It took about 8-9 hours to sync (XRAID2 aka RAID 5) one thing people said was that the NAS is loud, that certainly isn't the case for me, the fan has yet to spin up past the idle speed (1365rpm) its slightly audible when you are right next to it, but you can barely hear the thing in my living room, its surprisingly quiet. I even purchased a Noctua Fan to replace it which was a waste Lol.

I wasn't too happy with the write/read speeds of the DNS 320 hence the upgrade to the Netgear (plus I needed the extra bays), After the RAID setup had finished I copied a 30GB Single file from my PC to the NAS, I got between 38-42MB/s Write speed, now this is pretty good in my opinion, especially compared to my old Nas, the read speeds are outstanding though, I copied the same file back from the NAS to my PC at 85MB/s. So I'm very happy with those speeds and when you consider this NAS only costs £158 its pretty damn good value for money.

Netgear have done a excellent job with this NAS, the Interface is nice and easy to use, lots of options to choose.

Also for anyone wondering this is the latest Model aka V2 (RND4000-200EUS) the 100EUS is the Old NV+

So yeah this gets the thumbs up from me, I highly recommend this Unit if you are looking for a good value for money NAS.

Sony Smart 3D BDPS490 Blu-ray Player (Old model)
Sony Smart 3D BDPS490 Blu-ray Player (Old model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Awesome, Excellent PQ/SQ, 28 Jan 2013
I purchased this to replace my WD TV Live, I was having a few issues where the player would randomly restart/crash and refuse to play files. I decided to just buy a dedicated Blu-ray player, surprisingly it supports nearly all the files the WD TV Live does. It plays MKV, M2TS etc.

The play is nice and quiet when playing back via Blu-ray disk, the menu is nice, it's not the fastest menu system but its not what I'd call slow either.

The player has loads of picture and sound settings, I was quite happy when I noticed it played back HD Audio such as DTS-HD via DLNA/USB, this is something the WD TV Live doesn't do, this player supports All HD Audio formats (You need to use HDMI and not Optical/Coaxial), so its a big Plus imo. It has no issue's playing back files via USB or DLNA, there were 2 MKV's that didn't play but after using TSMuxer to mux the file to M2TS it played fine.

The player also supports Lovefilm which isn't bad at all, it also support's netflix in 5.1 (Lovefilm isn't 5.1 unfortunately, there are some other movie streaming apps built in.

So overall the player is a bargain for under £100 imo, the sound quality is great, picture quality is actually a bit better than the WD TV Live. At this point there really is no point in going for the WD unless you really don't want a Blu-ray player.

WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
Offered by M.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Drives, Well Worth It, 28 Jan 2013
These drives are excellent, surprisingly they are very quiet and cool. I have 4 of these in my Netgear NV+V2 and the highest temperature I've seen was 35c, even when copying data over to the NAS you can't hear the drives at all, no vibration or anything.

I highly recommend these drives for the NAS Environment, At first I was going to go with WD Green's as they were about £15 cheaper per drive, tbh I say its well worth the extra, they are faster than Green's, they run just as cool and quiet, no vibration, in terms of performance they are inbetween green and blacks. You also get 3 years warranty and 24/7 priority support with WD.

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with 12V 2A Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Dec 2012
I purchased this USB3.0 hub since it was the only one that I could find for under £30 which had good reviews, I was a bit hesitant at first since I was originally looking at a dlink/belkin hub which costs around £40.

So I went a head and ordered this, and I'm glad I did, so far I've had my WD My book usb 3 hdd plugged in and I've not had any issue's at all, transfer speeds all seem fine. I've even had my WD My passport USB 3.0 plugged in as well as the My book, not had a problem even then.

I'm using this on Windows 8 Pro.

So far it looks like I made the right choice by getting this hub over the more expensive ones, why? this costs less, does the same job.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by passionFlix UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 11 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've been playing this for about a week, to be honest its not too bad, its not rubbish as some people have said, it might not be excellent but its certainly worth buying. Its just something new to play I guess, its fun in my opinion, especially if you've been playing MW3.

There are a few bugs here and there but what game isn't buggy at release? I've yet to play a bug free game.

Overall its good, decent amount of weapons and customisation options, the maps are good, sound quality is actually quite good.

Page: 1 | 2