Profile for Mr. Pj Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. Pj Williams

Mr. Pj Williams (cardiff uk)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise 1153 Combi Cable Stapler
Tacwise 1153 Combi Cable Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
arrived just in time to tack my speaker wire to the skirting!...anyway, its heavy duty and feels like its never going to break. the triger has a lcok on it so you dont have it sticking up so its easy to box up after you have finished with it. it didnt missfire once, and it dug good and deep into teh skirting so there was no gap between it and the wire. good tidy bit of kit really. also I didnt feel a hand cramp after using it for an extended period. eay to load, easy to use, easy to store and will probably outlive me

A Small Town Near Auschwitz: Ordinary Nazis And The Holocaust
A Small Town Near Auschwitz: Ordinary Nazis And The Holocaust
by Mary Fulbrook

4.0 out of 5 stars good but, 27 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
the angle that this book is taken from is an interesting one. the facilitators behind teh scenes to the holocaust are never really focused on in any depth so its intersting to see them in the limelight. how these people reacted before during and after thier involvement in the holocuast is examined by the author in some detail, sometimes tailing off from essential information which I found detratced from teh pace and direction of teh book. Also you notice that teh author allows her own feelings to enter into certain parts of teh books which some will find engaging but other wont it really shouldnt show up in a history book as anything other than analysis. But Im not sure it is entirely meant to be a pure history book.

in short a very interesting book on a rare aspect of a wide subject

Planet Waves PW-CT-12 NS Micro Headstock Tuner
Planet Waves PW-CT-12 NS Micro Headstock Tuner

3.0 out of 5 stars usefull but not awe inspiring, 14 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I own the earlier model of this so I have somthing to compare it to. original is great, it essentially means I dont have to fetch a tuner and plug it in. it just sits on my head stock I flick the button and it turns on and I tune. then it switches itself off. what else could I want. If your gigging you get a pedal tuner. at home with not interfering noise this is great. now the new one is relativly teh same, apart from a visual metronome. if you can stare at this while playing then great. me personaly would find it much more useful if it beeped. so it just seems to be adding somthing I dont need in this form so I would buy the earleri cheaper mode;l fr my needs. as for rattles pointed out by other reviewers I havent noticed any. Like anything mass produced cheaply....check it against what you know works as soon as you get it and if its not working return it

Miller's Antiques Handbook & Price Guide 2014-2015
Miller's Antiques Handbook & Price Guide 2014-2015
by Judith Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars good to have to hand, 13 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
a useful book to a degree for getting basic ideas on the value of things, not as small as they used to be, in fact quite a hefty book thesedays. Ive used them over the years and have often found them more useful to identify things rather than pay much attention to the pricing. all in all practical for anyone with an interest in antiques or as a basic guide to work out whats worth collecting and whats not at the given time

Operation Barbarossa: Nazi Germany's War in the East, 1941-1945
Operation Barbarossa: Nazi Germany's War in the East, 1941-1945
by Christian Hartmann

5.0 out of 5 stars concise patriotic war, 26 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
well, to be honest its another book about the war on teh eastern front. However its a small one, but only in size. THis is a very accessible volume which in all honesty covers pretty much all the important aspects involved, which I thought wouldnt get mentioned when I looked at its size. If I had to recomend one volume for someone to get a tatste of teh conflict without delving into teh evidence I would recomend it, but not to someone who has already a grounding in it. If I wanted to teach someone and wanted a way to cut down the information to a concise format I couldnt go too far wrong with this, however granted there are a few things I dont totally agree with but thats research for you.

All in all if someone wanted somewhere to start with this massive field of history with its thousands of books written on it I would recomend it. But IF you are reading Glantz etc Then you might want it for quick stats but its not going to tell you anything you dont already know.

p.s if you havent read anything on teh subject in a decade or so it would probably serve as a good refresher

Believe and Destroy: The Intellectuals in the SS War Machine
Believe and Destroy: The Intellectuals in the SS War Machine
by Christian Ingrao

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent but not for the casual reader, 25 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
teh first point I have to make is dont bother even reading this reveiw if your an casual history reader. Its not written in a style you are used to. It is an PHD thesis expanded to book form, however it is structured as such and it doesnt make for great bedtime reading...unless your like me and have constatntly asked teh question of...why?

The third riech motivation to liquidate vast groups of people has always bothered me when someone just rights them off as mad. Thats just someone saying I cant be bothered to find out why. Now this book gets us a little closer to the reasons why your highly educated German would find themselves in southern Russia killing other humans and being able to justify it to themsleves. I wont say this book covers all the ground needed- you would have to go into more depth with each person involved- but I beleive it is an important question and the author has amde a great start in the direction this needs to go for future research. So if your like me and want to get a bit closer to that answer then this is a great place to start If not a little too academic for mass market appeal. I would suggest however reading in conjunction with Christopher hales book Hitlers Foreign executioners, which delves into some of this in the motivation behind countries who provided SS units to the reich and is a much more accessible book to begin from.

Philips Click and Style YS534/17 3-in-1 Shave, Groom and Style
Philips Click and Style YS534/17 3-in-1 Shave, Groom and Style
Offered by Megga Distribution

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 25 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
well to be honest right off teh bat I am used to using a a three bladed razor where this is two, and so was curious to see if there was a differnce, and there is. amuch cleaner shave with my existing razor, it really gets in there where I find this fall down on teh job, just like many other people have noticed it doesnt cut the mustard when trying to get a propper clean shave. As for all teh other grooming add ons they do wthat they say they are going to do but I think we all agree that your buying this more for teh razor than anything else, and if thats not achieving the results you want then its just an over priced beard trimmer

VANGUARD Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminium Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head
VANGUARD Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminium Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 21 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
after two days using this in my work place to photograph all sorts of things I can honestly say it never held me back. I dont find it particularly heavy, and plus it reduces down to a very compact size means its very portable. plus the movement options when the camera is actually mounted where you can alter everything you need to get the shot you want without having to uproot the camera is a real time saver. the sprit levels ( theres two ) also is the first pointer to me being at fault and not the tripod when somthing feels off. the quick release is great. the landscape portrait adjust is great. all in all its one worth playing with and feels robust and sturdy so you dont feel you are going to break it just by using it. I recomend it as a rank amatuer, but in honesty I have very little to compare it to so I recomend going a trying one out.

Creative D5xm Signature Series Bluetooth Wireless Smart Modular Speaker with Room Calibration and Customisable Sound Modes

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 21 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
its arrived and its smaller than I expected which is always good. And with all things technical you unbox, plug it in and prepare to be disapointed. To be honest...Im quite impressed. The sound quality on music, and tv usage was fantastic. I could hear people muttering in teh backround of films. I could feel the crowd in live recordings on youtube. I could controll it all from My wifes galaxy tab in my garden....where everything was clear as a bell at the highest volmu it would go!...it was like having teh band playing in the house....loudly!....but with no breakup of sound, or that feel of a compressed limiter. the nly problem was ocaisionaly I would lose signal which was probably more to weather interferance. in teh house was no problem.

Do you need all the other bits like the subwoofer?

not really no. it enahnces what you have now but you could add to it later when you feel you need to. to be honest unless I had a massve lounge I wouldnt bother.

all in all great product in quality.

Would I pay the price? well to be honest its up to the individual. Its better quality than what I have now so I say yes. I think go try it somewhere and take it through its paces

The Bombing War: Europe 1939-1945
The Bombing War: Europe 1939-1945
by Richard Overy

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and hugeeeeeeeee, 21 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
having read some of overy`s work before I wasnt sure what to expect as I have found some of his work is a little academic in feel. However on begining I found it flowed alot better than I expected it to which made the 600 + pages seem less of a daunting preospect.

the book itself is an all encompasing analysis of teh bombing campaigns of worl war two. Thier strategy, impact, usefullness, and the people effected by dropping the bombs, and "recieving" them.

the air war ( bomber) war has always been controversial and will continue to be. The statistics on casualties numbers. the legitimacy of targeting civillian areas. its teh prime example of the victors getting away with what is essentaily in defination a war crime where as the defeated are punished for it.

the book is very interestingly written and as it is my subject I love the fact that its readable to the person with a passing interest upwards. I wont pretend to have trully got to grip with it in one reading. this is one to be studied. there are so many aspects at play her, so many really important points to be absorbed and understood in thier hsitorical context and their impact that is still felt evertime someone says dresden, coventy or hiroshima. its an important work as Overy attempts not to justify things or appologise for them but seeks to set them out how they happened, why he believe they went the way they did, without passing a lot of hindsight driven judgement thier way. The bombing war has needed a book like this for quite a while. A useable study to further the understanding of air power theory meets reality, an excellent book that will probably be a focal text for some time to come

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20