Profile for N. S. ALSINAN > Reviews

Formula 1 2010 (PS3)
Formula 1 2010 (PS3)
Offered by Super-bargains
Price: 4.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Last time I buy a game before checking the demo..., 29 Sep 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Formula 1 2010 (PS3) (Video Game)
... and if they don't release one, they are just too ashamed to show it and will not buy it.

I am very disappointed; I've been waiting for this game for soooo long only to just feel so pissed off. When the first generation F1 game was released by Sony at launch I was disappointed, mainly because Studio Liverpool does not watch nor follow F1 (rev limit penalties in the middle of the race...?? Among many major mistakes).

Now am VERY disappointed because this is not a third or fourth generation PS3 graphic game (I assume, and welcome correction, that the original F1 game is first generation. With Gran Turismo 5P setting the second generation along with Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid and Killzone 2. And Uncharted 2 staring the third generation with God of War III included. Fourth generation graphics basically coming up with Gran Turismo 5). The graphics on F1 2010 is not a great leap better than the first F1 (but it is), the frame rate suffers the graphics are bland (don't trust internet pictures, they are most probably from the PC version which is by far the best of the three versions) and the sound is not that amazing.

Although the rules to some extent are there (was happy to have a drive though penalty for once), however, no safety car and the yellow flags are cleared much too fast for the game to be called a sim. Especially the driving physics which are not that good (rumored to be one of the glitches to be fixed though an update) and you'll find the damage funny and the car just a bit disconnected from,,,the,, um,, you know, I think yourself as driver/player. A balance I felt lost in most Codemaster's games except for Dirt 2 which is a really good game (did not play Dirt 1 so I don't know how good that is).

The game has development issues as noted above (as of 9/29/2010) search the net and you'll find a good list, and an update is expected. Whether it will fix the issues or add features is yet to be seen.

I am using a G27+playseats, which is the only way you should be playing driving games. The controls are great and customizable, G27's buttons is supported.

With GT5 coming November, F1 2010 has stiff competition. Formula 1 is my passion, I love the sport and an avid follower of the seasons. I've seen F1 being slaughtered version after version with only a few good ones (but nevertheless, even the good ones have some features done horribly wrong).

In summary, are you on a budget? Get GT 5 only, don't have a PC that can run the game at full details (makes matters worst for me because I have a PC that can and got the PS3 version) consider renting or wait for the demo. Because you will play for to experience of an F1 season with a game (not a sim) that applied FIA rules to fit an arcade setting.

A slight above average game 3.5 stars.

Thanks for reading the review, cheers

Lewis Hamilton: My Story
Lewis Hamilton: My Story
by Lewis Hamilton

1.0 out of 5 stars Already????, 17 Feb 2008
although listed as best seller in F1, a one star is all i can give.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Hamilton is the best thing that happened to F1 since Montoya left.... NO SERIOUSLY, He is the prodogy that will change the nombers of of F1. shame he pledged to McLaren Mercedes, is it for th rest of his career? only time will tell.

on a last note, please Lewis, wait for more F1 seasons before another "My Story" for a story to actually unfold.

The Official Formula 1 Season Review 2007
The Official Formula 1 Season Review 2007
by Bernie Ecclestone

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for F1 fans, 17 Feb 2008
The book is very good as were the past editions. Official information on one of the most interesting - spy flaged-close raced-team mate rivalry season in recent times.

I am not sure about the one star review here, but Schumi was not racing in 2007, so i am not quite sure one star is fair for this mistake by the publisher.

also, the new DVD 2007 Season Review is good addition, they really up'ed the quality on the production. Getting them booth is a must for any fan.