Profile for Judith Paice > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Summary and Analysis: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Summary and Analysis: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of rubbish., 10 April 2016
I know the original of this book (The Power of Now) is world famous and has rave reviews but I thought this summary was rubbish and can only assume the original is the same. I am very glad that I did not buy it. Lots of 'meaningful' phrases that say nothing eg. 'Forgiveness means to allow life to live through you.' What? 'Do you have an energy that you would actually choose to have within you.' ?? I feel a bit like the Emperors New Clothes, - if everyone else can see them why can't I? I thought this book was so awful that there was a certain fascination about it-trying to find the most meaningless sentence. This game will last about 90 seconds before you close the book in frustration.

Word Flow - Brain Trainer Puzzle for Searching Hidden Words
Word Flow - Brain Trainer Puzzle for Searching Hidden Words

1.0 out of 5 stars I will try again and then if I can get it to work I will give it a better review., 25 Mar. 2016
I was looking forward to doing this as it is my sort of puzzle but no matter what I did I could not get it to progress. It eventually went from SALE to COAL but no further.. I tried going fast/slow; soft touch/hard, but no matter it would not move forwards. I will try again and then if I can get it to work I will give it a better review.

The Letter Promised
The Letter Promised

3.0 out of 5 stars Short story. Wasn't expecting that., 31 Jan. 2016
When I bought this book I didn't look at how many pages it had so just as it was getting interesting and I was engaged it stopped. I felt the ending was a bit of a cope out and a bit disappointing. I have read some of Kevin Wignalls books in the past and I was so looking forward to this one.Lesson learnt.

Conditional Love
Conditional Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot, interesting characters. Good read., 18 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Conditional Love (Kindle Edition)
I really liked it. Interesting characters, unusual plot line. Good read.

No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs Book 1)
No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I didn't pay full price., 30 Aug. 2015
This book has a very predictable plot and in fact not a lot happens. We hear a great deal about the state of the hero's cock (her words), in fact we hear of little else, and there is a hint of sado masochism which is a bit disturbing. I bought this because I wanted to try a new author but I'm glad I didn't pay full price. I think I know what the other books in this series will be like.

Perfect Daughter (No Greater Courage)
Perfect Daughter (No Greater Courage)

4.0 out of 5 stars 99% very good indeed., 22 Aug. 2015
Enjoyed this but thought the ending was a bit 'happy ever after.' EVERYTHING ended up as the narrator wanted and it was a bit twee. This was a shame because 99% was realistic and thought provoking. I also thought that the revelation of her daughter's parentage was glossed over too quickly and was a foot note when really I felt that it should have been examined in a bit more depth. I felt as if Amanda had been given a week to finish the story and she just wrapped everything up too quickly when some of the issues could have been examined in a bit more detail. Most of the issues had been examined with such care and detail that to finish it the way she did sort of lessened the impact.

Chocolate Apothecary
Chocolate Apothecary

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting background, geography andcharacters., 22 Aug. 2015
Really enjoyed it. Interesting background eg a shop selling chocolate. Interesting characters with interesting and usual jobs.

The Beach Cafe (Kindle Single)
The Beach Cafe (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars This was a big disappointment as it was just the first chapter of a ..., 27 July 2015
This was a big disappointment as it was just the first chapter of a story. I was interested and involved when suddenly the main character was OK, all problems solved. Yes I suppose it was a short story but it ended so abruptly I thought I had only downloaded half the book

Solitaire
Solitaire

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected. Very popular solitary., 4 July 2015
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
As expected. No appalling graphics or cartoons.

Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)
Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Some dodgy plot devices., 18 Jun. 2015
This novel was written from many points of view so it is not always clear who is speaking especially as each scene is mostly very short. The two main suspects have the same initial to their first name and this leads to confusion (which may have been deliberate.). There are some plot weakness e.g. Thorne forgets his phone at just the wrong time; at the denouement I cannot understand why he is unable to tackle the protagonist; the doctor would know that the manufacturer in the car was the wrong man because she would know he had changed his car and in any case she would recognise him; why is there a scene on the underground where a detective sexually molests a girl. Why is this here? And the issue with the Calvert family? This doesn't appear to serve a purpose. I liked the ideas behind the plot and I enjoyed reading this book but I don't think I will read another by Mark Billingham.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6