Profile for C. J. Tyler > Reviews

Content by C. J. Tyler

C. J. Tyler "cjtbrocco" (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Barcode scanner
Barcode scanner

1.0 out of 5 stars No no, 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Barcode scanner (App)
Doesn't work with my Huawei ascend y330, but then no barcode readers seem to work.

Flexible Mini USB LED Light Lamp for Computer Keyboard PC Notebook Laptop Outdoor Energy Saving Gift Night Book Reading Lamp (White)
Offered by Jiaying-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value;v very bright, 27 Dec. 2015
Very bright light but does get quite warm in a short time. It does what I wanted, which is to make my cheap Asus laptop feel like a Macbook.

Getting a Coding Job For Dummies
Getting a Coding Job For Dummies
by Nikhil Abraham

4.0 out of 5 stars Coding's not for me - but this is helping me understand the coders, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not sure coding is the career change for me, and this book has helped me see that. There is plenty of good advice about choosing a career and ways of fitting work into your lifestyle, even if you're not thinking of a coding job. This is pretty non-technical but well worth studying. It will probably help m understand something about what motivates people who are doing the coding on projects I'm delivering.

Maybelline Mascara Great Lash Waterproof - 12.5 ml, Very Black
Maybelline Mascara Great Lash Waterproof - 12.5 ml, Very Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very dark, very long, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Obviously I'm not using this, so sorry to disappoint some reviewers.

My daughter loves this - a real quality product. She looks better than ever.

Liteway 5 W ES E27 Candle LED Bulb, 40 W Traditional Replacement, 400 Lumens - Warm White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading light, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fits perfectly into the lamp and provides a good white light. Very convenient that it produces no heat from the glass part of the bulb - that could stop my grand-daughter from burning herself. Good enough to read by without flooding the room with light.

XNFit The Clip Activity Tracker - Sleep Tracker - Pedometer
XNFit The Clip Activity Tracker - Sleep Tracker - Pedometer
Offered by Paramount Zone COM UK

4.0 out of 5 stars But I lost it, 19 Dec. 2015
Does exactly what it says. The software is unsophisticated but does its job. My only gripe is that the device is so small and light it's easy to lose, especially if you keep it on your pocket, as I did for only a day before I lost it.

Apple Watch For Dummies
Apple Watch For Dummies
by Marc Saltzman

4.0 out of 5 stars Still content with the £10 smartwatch, 5 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Anyone who knows me will wonder what on earth I'm doing reviewing a book about the latest fashion / IT accessory. The colleague who sits next to me recently bought an Apple watch and is clearly struggling to justify the expense. I've even bought a £10 Chinese smartwatch which does almost everything the Apple watch does just to annoy him - can't wait to use it for my first phone call in his presence which I answer on the watch. So to this book. It's very well presented, with colour screenshots and very clear descriptions and instructions. I must admit that I'm surprised how much the watch will do. I'm still not convinced I want one but it should keep my colleague busy during the weeks after Christmas when the office is quiet. An impressive guide to an interesting, but hugely overpriced product.

The Sceptical Optimist: Why technology isn't the answer to everything
The Sceptical Optimist: Why technology isn't the answer to everything
by Nicholas Agar

4.0 out of 5 stars No longer optimistic, 5 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not an easy read, as there's some technical language to get through, although the explanations end up being quite simple. There's plenty of common sense here, with some good explanation of why some technology products become so popular for such a short spell of time, where others create a brand loyalty that lures the consumer into more purchases. This thinking applies to other areas of modern life outside technology. I never thought technology would save the world or even an individual in the world, but this is an important book which I will reread. Worth spending time to understand the early chapters.

Criminal Justice: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Criminal Justice: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Julian V. Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile introduction, 5 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Keeping to the very high standard of this series, this won't disappoint either the expert or the complete newcomer. There are provocative ideas to intrigue the expert and clear introductions to core concepts. If you're curious - read on.

Heroes and Villains of Finance
Heroes and Villains of Finance
by A Baldwin

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise - finance is fun!, 5 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Potentially not the most interesting of subjects, but this book makes it fun. I found it surprisingly informative and thought-provoking, especially given the informal presentation of the content - quite a surprise from this publisher. The tales of bankers and economists are very entertaining but worrying if you think of the power they wield and the extent to which their actions and decisions can affect us all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20