Profile for M.ric > Reviews

Content by M.ric

M.ric

1byone Superspeed Aluminum USB 3.0 4-Port Hub, 5Gbps Transfer Rate with a Built-in 15 Inches USB 3.0 Cable for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, PC and Laptop
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hub!!, 29 Dec. 2015
Works as it should, minimal clutter and suits my mac. Cable could be longer but adapter can sort that. Very happy.

Logitech Harmony 350 Control
Logitech Harmony 350 Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats all my other remotes!!, 29 Dec. 2015
I purchased this mainly to provide a better remote than what came with my Logitech Z906 speaker system. The standard remote is fine but as this could control my tv as well i thought why not? Well I've set it up using the logitech software and arranged the buttons as id like and now i have one remote to control my sound system, my tv and (bonus) the new apple tv as well. The software takes you through each stage and you can amend things as you go and then click sync and done. The remote feels great in the hand and is better than both the sony and the logitech standards. Batteries included and the sync cable and so far I've had no issues what-so-ever so I couldn't be happier with it. You can control up to eight devices with it so I've plenty of media machines to add. hahahaha. Very happy. Well done logitech and amazon logistics delivery.

Apple iMac 21.5 inch (Intel 1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD GBR, Mac OS X Yosemite) - Older Model
Offered by NikTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Imac all the way for me., 23 Nov. 2015
I bought this iMac at the end of the summer so i can give a good account of this pc. One word Smashing. Love it to bits. I've gotten bored of all these portable expensive machines they keep bringing out so i decided i wanted to stick with mac and i just want it to do what i need when i need it .It does this without breaking a sweat. Am i annoyed about the new 4k models. No. They are more expensive and they don't change anything power wise. If you work or need higher res screens then maybe check those out. I would have a liked an ssd drive for better speeds but in all honesty the hdd in this is very quiet and it handles tasks speedy enough so thats not a major issue. If you need power then you need to research its capabilities depending on your requirements but i wanted to run (simple) mac on nice hardware that i hope will last me a good few years before i think of updating. I totally recommend this base model iMac for the average user.

Sony MDR-10R Headphone - Black
Sony MDR-10R Headphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 23 Nov. 2015
I had the smaller model of these (sony mdr 10-rc) and I wanted over the ear headphones instead. These are currently now selling at £38 and as far as I'm concerned for that price there is zero here to complain about. They sound great to my ears. They come with a carry pouch and two sets of cables, with/without mic. Removable cables add to longevity incase they get tugged. The bass is punchy and they are very (super) comfortable and light so for prolonged music or gaming use they aren't going to be a problem. Im very very happy with these headphones and sony in general. Now just to wait for the new Sony 100.aap headphones to drop in price.

Sony HT-XT1 2.1 Channel TV Base Speaker with Built-in Subwoofer and All-in-One Sound Box Design (170 W, S-Force PRO, Bluetooth and NFC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit, built for purpose, 23 Nov. 2015
Great Sound system. Typical Sony being one of my favourite companies where high quality meets fair prices. This sound base is basically for people who don't want subwoofers or home cinemas. The sound is lovely with more than enough weight and depth to background music and adds weight to vocals. The remote is good with everything needed and it isn't one if those cheap credit card types either. It has a range of inputs and bluetooth for quick pairing through NFC which doubles it as a stereo system. If you you power then go elsewhere but don't underestimate the output of this system. For movies and gaming the sound is fantastic but its not super acoustic for music and more bass heavy tunes are slightly more muddy not having a separate sub. However this is, i think, a perfect ten considering is built for purpose.

+++I am adding to this review that as per another reviewer i also soon noticed a high pitch sound coming from the front display. I tried changing the dimmer and to off setting but it persisted. Unfortunately once my ears pick up on it i can't ignore it. I decided to stick with my old speakers and the item as been returned and amazon offered a no fuss refund+++

Logitech 2.1 Speaker System Z623
Logitech 2.1 Speaker System Z623

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty but Nice!!!, 31 Dec. 2011
I owned a set of these a while ago and after using smaller speakers I decided to grab these during amazons lighting deals for £79. I sold my last set due to living in different accommodation and well what can i say but wow wow wow. I'd forgotten how good they sound. I'm using these with my tv and ps4 and holy moly. They are simple old school speakers and they are immense. If you want to grin like a naughty school boy then these are the way to go. It would have been nice for logitech to have updated these by now with optical audio and a small digital box to allow remote control use and settings but at the price they are these are just wonderful. And for £79 on sale I'm a very happy (naughty) bunny!!