Profile for masteric > Reviews

Content by masteric

masteric

Apple Mac Mini (Dual-Core i5 2.5GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB, HD Graphics)
Offered by ULike
Price: 429.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me!, 19 Jan 2014
I wanted to own this for a while before i wrote a review. Computers are deep with larger OS's than tablets and things alike. So why did i jump to mac? Is it because of the new windows 8 OS or my hate of windows in general? No. Much simpler than that. Hardware! I seemed to be of the few who like windows 8 and i have no beef with windows in general. I am no devotee of everything apple either. I didn't know how to use OSX lion/Mavericks so i didn't jump from windows mainly for that. I simply wanted a small simple machine that did everything i needed but i wanted silence. I use my mac mini as a hub for almost everything. I don't need a tablet. Every PC running windows, at a middle of the road price point, has either noisy fans or clicky hard drives. My last HP laptop had both. I saw the Mac Mini (now MM) at pc world and loved its simpleness. It has all the ports i need. i can plug in any peripherals i've currently been using without hitch. But most important of all it makes no sound. Almost none at all. It also emits no heat. It can be on all day and the metal body isn't even warm to the touch. Occasionally if you stick your ear next to it you can hear the HDD turn over but compared to other laptops/desktops i've owned it's almost inaudible. If the MM came with SSD and 8/16 gigs built in i think this would be simply the ultimate computer. These upgrades can be done at cost and probably worth it for more speed all round. For me as it is out of the box is fine. Everybody has they're own needs with these things as they provide a different tool to everyone. Do i prefer mac to windows now i've had time to play. Yes. It's simpleness belongs here. Plenty of screen customisation without the need to delve beyond that. Not sure if you can with mac but i simply haven't needed to even look. As apple always say it just works well and does what i want. I also love using the mac app store which is steadily building. No IOS store yet. The apps either payed or free are well crafted and to the point of their function and also gives a newbie like me plenty to play with.

To sum up my feelings on this as you have gathered i am a happy bunny. Apple packaging is top as usual and the MM aluminium outer shell is lovely to behold. It doesn't come with anything else in the box so take that added cost in mind if you want apple accessories. I prefer this as you can tailor things at a later date with what you actually need to use. I enjoy using mac OS as it really is easy to grasp and very simple with enough customisation to get the layout you prefer. I could go on but i'll just say if your on the fence about changing to mac don't be afraid. Jump in.